ESPN First Take - Doug Baldwin

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this SFF. Have to admire how articulate Doug is and how he's a great ambassador for the Hawks. Funny about how he hemmed and hawed about Sherm as a receiver at Stanford

McGruff

Reaction score
Between Marshawn (I know he's retired), Sherman, Baldwin, Bennett, Ryan . . . We may have the leagues most interesting and subtly brilliant cast of characters.

sutz

Reaction score
Thanks, better than the average sports interview. :th2thumbs:

kearly

Reaction score
Great interview. Other than maybe Matt Hasselbeck, I can't remember a Seahawk who has had better demeanor on camera. At a table full of media people, he stands out as the biggest grown up.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
McGruff":3n5jwyi1 said:
Between Marshawn (I know he's retired), Sherman, Baldwin, Bennett, Ryan . . . We may have the leagues most interesting and subtly brilliant cast of characters.

Just goes along with the draft/acquisition philosophy and the kind of guys that pete and john like....smart guys who know what they want to do and be.

the ones that don't work out here are the ones who don't get it because they don't have that self awareness and insight. Shining example, injuries not withstanding - harvin. Michael hasn't panned out well either and he never impressed as a diplomat. Marshawn may not be described as a genius but it takes a certain amount of depth to have that much character.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
kearly":2ca2i67j said:
Great interview. Other than maybe Matt Hasselbeck, I can't remember a Seahawk who has had better demeanor on camera. At a table full of media people, he stands out as the biggest grown up.
Biggest grown up? I guess, until he takes a pretend dump in the end zone w millions watching.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Great interview.

I wish all the haters could see how well-spoken Doug is and what a great representative he is to the Seahawks as an organization.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":3qbh71b1 said:
kearly":3qbh71b1 said:
Biggest grown up? I guess, until he takes a pretend dump in the end zone w millions watching.
A dumb as that was, I think he is the guy who has matured the most since then.

In a lot of ways, he seems as measured as Russell Wilson during the last year.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":2dj3g829 said:
kearly":2dj3g829 said:

:thcoffee: Give me a break , did this really upset you this much ? From somebody who use to watch football in the 80's you let that bother you ?
He pooped on the corner and was just letting him know .

back to the topic . I think Angry Doug has really matured into quite the role model and I know it may be hard to keep him around after this year , I really hope we do.

12thman.garydrake

Reaction score
Love me some Baldwin. Dude is all heart and fights to prove he should have been drafted. Pedestrian my ass. Losing your RBs and being forced to pass more showed how clutch and tough Dougie Fresh can be. I think Lockett and Baldwin compliment each other well. Kearse is our highpointing WR. So excited for this season.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":2av9boi2 said:
ZorntoLargent":2av9boi2 said:
kearly":2av9boi2 said:

:thcoffee: Give me a break , did this really upset you this much ? From somebody who use to watch football in the 80's you let that bother you ?

back to the topic . I think Angry Doug has really matured into quite the role model and I know it may be hard to keep him around after this year , I really hope we do.

I won't be hard to keep him. If the Hawks offer him something in the ballpark, market wise, he will stay. He is easily the most team-oriented guy we have, now that Lynch is gone. :sarcasm_on: Besides, the whole reason the Hawks drafted players that bring them back to their run-first identity is to keep the price down on Doug's contract. :stirthepot: :sarcasm_off:

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3auwdvcd said:
EastCoastHawksFan":3auwdvcd said:
ZorntoLargent":3auwdvcd said:
kearly":3auwdvcd said:

I won't be hard to keep him. If the Hawks offer him something in the ballpark, market wise, he will stay. He is easily the most team-oriented guy we have, now that Lynch is gone. :sarcasm_on: Besides, the whole reason the Hawks drafted players that bring them back to their run-first identity is to keep the price down on Doug's contract. :stirthepot: :sarcasm_off:

A lot of Class she how he is so polite to every one.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Polite, quiet, and intelligent while being a great team player and good friend to those fortunate enough to be friends.

Lots to like about Doug who proved last season what we all knew that he's far from being pedestrian at any level.

One of my favourite Seahawks by a long long way for all the reasons above.

Thanks for the link.