Big play VA interview after 1st day of camp

kearly

Reaction score
I just saw this and thought it was pretty neat.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0a ... in-the-NFL

It's an interview with the winning coach from the East-West Shrine game earlier this year (The coach was June Jones, a guy who happens to be an ex-NFL head coach). The East-West Shrine game is a lot like the Senior Bowl in that it is a chance for players to audition for the NFL. When asked to talk about some of the best players, Jones dedicated all of his time gushing about Vernon Adams. Granted, June Jones is a Portland native and Oregon alum, so he is probably biased, but even when considering that, it was pretty interesting to hear him not hold back praise. It sounded a lot like Jon Gruden gushing about Russell Wilson in many ways.

Last year the Seahawks had RJ Archer taking about half of the team's preseason snaps at QB, and he was one of the worst QBs I've ever seen. After making us suffer through RJ Archer last year for no good reason, I would love to see a 2016 preseason with Wilson, Boykin, and Adams. Seahawks fans wouldn't feel the urge to turn off their TV sets off during the 4th quarter of preseason games anymore.

Willyeye

Reaction score
kearly":3cmh0lcy said:

It's an interview with the winning coach from the East-West Shrine game earlier this year (The coach was June Jones, a guy who happens to be an ex-NFL head coach). The East-West Shrine game is a lot like the Senior Bowl in that it is a chance for players to audition for the NFL. When asked to talk about some of the best players, Jones dedicated all of his time gushing about Vernon Adams. Granted, June Jones is a Portland native and Oregon alum, so he is probably biased, but even when considering that, it was pretty interesting to hear him not hold back praise. It sounded a lot like Pete Carroll gushing about Russell in 2012.

Last year the Seahawks had RJ Archer taking about half of the team's preseason snaps at QB, and he was one of the worst QBs I've ever seen. After making us suffer through RJ Archer last year for no good reason, I would love to see a 2016 preseason with Wilson, Boykin, and Adams. Seahawks fans wouldn't feel the urge to turn off their TV sets off during the 4th quarter of preseason games anymore.

I don't expect anyone to bump Wilson, but I for one am really going to enjoy the competition for what I hope will be the backup QB job. Didn't Tarvaris lose a coin flip last year?

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
kearly":2lyzw9rc said:

It's an interview with the winning coach from the East-West Shrine game earlier this year (The coach was June Jones, a guy who happens to be an ex-NFL head coach). The East-West Shrine game is a lot like the Senior Bowl in that it is a chance for players to audition for the NFL. When asked to talk about some of the best players, Jones dedicated all of his time gushing about Vernon Adams. Granted, June Jones is a Portland native and Oregon alum, so he is probably biased, but even when considering that, it was pretty interesting to hear him not hold back praise. It sounded a lot like Jon Gruden gushing about Russell Wilson in many .

I went to the June jones football camp after 7th grade. I'm pretty sure he gushed about me the same way.

One small correction though, he only attended oregon his freshman year, and never played. Then he went to Hawaii for a year, then made his name at portland state where he was the original run n shoot qb for mouse Davis who invented the offense.

Dude knows a lot about the qb position for sure.

kearly

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1bv6134z said:
I went to the June jones football camp after 7th grade. I'm pretty sure he gushed about me the same way.

He said you could play in the NFL? You really should have chased that dream J.