Did I miss an announcement or something ???

TVHAWK

Reaction score
What the heck happened to Tony Ventrella on .com ? I loved Tony and am not impressed with football's push to put women on the microphones in football... As a matter of fact, I'm old, and it pisses me off..Dammit leave footbal alone.
:les:

IrishNW

Reaction score
Hes old and burnt out, the new girl is nice to look at

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Tony took us to 2 Super Bowls. I liked his snipets

BlueThunder

Reaction score
TVHAWK":23v5erxe said:
What the heck happened to Tony Ventrella on .com ? I loved Tony and am not impressed with football's push to put women on the microphones in football... As a matter of fact, I'm old, and it pisses me off..Dammit leave footbal alone.
:les:

I heard Tony is actually running against Dave Reichert for Congress. So that's probably why he hasn't been there. He doesn't have a chance against Reichert, and he knows it (he's running on principal), so he'll probably be back soon. And I don't really have a problem with women talking football, as long as they are knowledgeable and not just 'cause they're a pretty face. And I'm pretty old too. (55).

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yep Tony left the Seahawks to pursue a career path in politics. Godspeed Crazy Uncle Tony!

I'll miss him in the Seahawks Universe.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
So, Tony was old and burnt out compared to who?

Some of you are just silly. The dude has been with us through thick and thin. I also like how he gave Claire Farnsworth some air time before he retired. That's class recognizing class.

I like the new girl as well. Does it always have to be one or the other? And does there always have to be some derogatory reason why somebody is not with us anymore, so we can figuratively boot them out the door?

Stay classy y'all.

A

Anonymous

Met TV once, and he struck me as a bit full of himself, and not very nice.

Not like he was in the middle of anything either; no cameras or mics, just waiting in line for a coffee behind me. I wasn't causing a scene and/or being starstruck either, only a smile and a nod that he responded to with a "how ya doin?" and then 100% ignored my "love your stuff" response. Seemed to have a "I'm just a few pegs higher on the list than you" vibe to him.

Just an observation, but no matter how cool you are when performing in front of a camera, somebody has a good reason for thinking you're an ass when you're not. A shame, because he missed an oppotunity to be cool. I certainly was.

Still, I wish him the best.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Wait TV is running for Congress? Lol...that most likely won't end for him

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
The new person is Jackie Montgomery. She seems solid on the 3-minute spots for .com and in 1-on-1 interviews.

She's still a little green though, as they quietly booted her from the draft-day coverage on radio (the draft room, simulcast on 710). Danny, Dave, and Paul Moyer were discussing players and draft strategies and she kept giggling. Constantly. Sounded like nerves and being out of one's element. After an ad break, she was off mic. Maybe it was in the schedule that she was only supposed to be there for one segment, but either way, it was better without the giggles. I can't blame her. First time out, trying to hang with seasoned veterans, the moment can get too big for any of us in those circumstances.

I won't lose any sleep if Tony is doing other things.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":2f6adcxx said:
The new person is Jackie Montgomery. She seems solid on the 3-minute spots for .com and in 1-on-1 interviews.

She's still a little green though, as they quietly booted her from the draft-day coverage on radio (the draft room, simulcast on 710). Danny, Dave, and Paul Moyer were discussing players and draft strategies and she kept giggling. Constantly. Sounded like nerves and being out of one's element. After an ad break, she was off mic. Maybe it was in the schedule that she was only supposed to be there for one segment, but either way, it was better without the giggles. I can't blame her. First time out, trying to hang with seasoned veterans, the moment can get too big for any of us in those circumstances.

I won't lose any sleep if Tony is doing other things.

She was annoying doing the Sounders halftime stuff, hopefully she's better at football than soccer.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I can always count on .NET! I was watching videos on .com and came here first to see if anyone else mentioned Tony V being gone and to find out why.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":34jc0iwa said:
She was annoying doing the Sounders halftime stuff, hopefully she's better at football than soccer.
Ah, I did not know she did Sounders halftime. What didn't you like? Was she just too bubbly? Jackie strikes me as someone who's really excited to be doing what she's doing, which is great. But a little of that "act like you've been there before" would go a long way.

IMO, anyone beginning this line of work would do well to study Shannon Drayer. She has an expert blend of knowledge, insight, tone, quick wit, and personality. I'd listen to her reporting on anything.

McG

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2mihji6q said:

Not like he was in the middle of anything either; no cameras or mics, just waiting in line for a coffee behind me. I wasn't causing a scene and/or being starstruck either, only a smile and a nod that he responded to with a "how ya doin?" and then 100% ignored my "love your stuff" response. Seemed to have a "I'm just a few pegs higher on the list than you" vibe to him.

Just an observation, but no matter how cool you are when performing in front of a camera, somebody has a good reason for thinking you're an ass when you're not. A shame, because he missed an oppotunity to be cool. I certainly was.

Okay, so I'm not the only one who has been face to face with this guy and thought he was a pompous a-hole. The only difference between your story and mine is I was around 10 or 11 years old when I ran in to the man. I was at a Mariners game in the Kingdome (probably '92 or '93) and my friend and I were walking around the empty seats in the second level. We were walking in the front row, moving from section to section, watching the game and overall just having a great time just being little kids at a ballgame.

Well, eventually I ran into a man who was standing there, in the front row who I recognized. It was TV and even though I was just a little kid I still told him that I liked his work on King 5 or something to that effect. His reaction, was to call me a little M-blank'er and told me to blank-off because he was too busy to be bothered by little kids and that I would have to go back up the steps and around him. I understand now that he had a job to do and/or that he was probably about to go on air, but to talk to a little kid like that always made me think he was just a jerk or even a little crazy. Even the camera guy at the top of the stairs, who was walking down, said sorry to me or something like that.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Ventrella was the worst. Like Mr Rogers was talking about my team.

A

Anonymous

McG":1yaeajit said:
HoustonHawk82":1yaeajit said:

Okay, so I'm not the only one who has been face to face with this guy and thought he was a pompous a-hole. The only difference between your story and mine is I was around 10 or 11 years old when I ran in to the man. I was at a Mariners game in the Kingdome (probably '92 or '93) and my friend and I were walking around the empty seats in the second level. We were walking in the front row, moving from section to section, watching the game and overall just having a great time just being little kids at a ballgame.

Well, eventually I ran into a man who was standing there, in the front row who I recognized. It was TV and even though I was just a little kid I still told him that I liked his work on King 5 or something to that effect. His reaction, was to call me a little M-blank'er and told me to blank-off because he was too busy to be bothered by little kids and that I would have to go back up the steps and around him. I understand now that he had a job to do and/or that he was probably about to go on air, but to talk to a little kid like that always made me think he was just a jerk or even a little crazy. Even the camera guy at the top of the stairs, who was walking down, said sorry to me or something like that.

Even then, he had no reason to be curt with you.

You'd think that a 20+ year career as an on-air personality would generate a lot of off-camera recognition. At some point, you have got to realize that being an asshole, to even a fraction of the folks you run into, might eventually come back around at you.

I mean, these are registered voters we're talking about.

StaffAmerica74

Reaction score
Tony V is the reason I haven't visited seahawks.com in years. He's terribly awkward and asks the most easy lay up questions possible. Good riddance!

nategreat

Reaction score
PageImage-526342-4856231-jackiemontgomeryblack1.jpg

Gulp. Wow.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Think I made a thread about him two years ago and I got nailed for speaking ill of his talents (or lack thereof).

Glad to see that some have come around on this topic. Was impossible to sit through his stuff without getting the urge to break things.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Tony was awful, his live coverage of camp was absolutely brutal. And his ineptitude stood out even more because Mike Brown was excellent in the role before him.

This woman, even if only a lateral move in terms of ability right now, she still can get better and has upside, and is at least something nice to look at.