Britt to center?

seabowl

Reaction score
Heard that Britt maybe moving to center. Interesting.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Yeah, I heard Clayton say that.

Here's to hoping he's better at C than G.

Largent80

Reaction score
So, can't play T and the move him to guard, can't play guard so they move him to center.

Just admit the mistake and move on from this guy.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I'm probably one of the biggest haters on Britt around here but he does have the athletic tools and NFL experience to make it work. It's at the very least worth a try. Maybe it works and maybe it doesn't. It's the off-season, time of experimentation.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Largent80":ibmnteg9 said:
So, can't play T and the move him to guard, can't play guard so they move him to center.

Just admit the mistake and move on from this guy.

Not looking good for him, for sure. Seems like a last-chance move.

Seafan

Reaction score
I could see him being the backup interior lineman. Can play four positions and would be cheaper than Lewis. It is getting more difficult for college spread OL to transition to the NFL. I was ready to see them waive this guy but this move could save his job.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
So he hasn't learned to block and now he has to learn to snap the ball AND block?

Good luck with that.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3f7p9z38 said:
So he hasn't learned to block and now he has to learn to snap the ball AND block?

Good luck with that.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
And make line calls

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Sounds like maybe they're giving him some reps to be a multi position backup (as mentioned above) at least until his rookie deal expires.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":32u4e67p said:
Sounds like maybe they're giving him some reps to be a multi position backup (as mentioned above) at least until his rookie deal expires.
I like that plan. Both for depth and because the Hawks can then enjoy the comp pick when some other team inexplicably gives Britt a second contract in free agency. Woohoo!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
While Britt may be athletic and strong, I don't believe he has the mental aptitude required for playing the center position. That was one of Unger's strengths and why the line blocked better with him in there. Something that was missing last season.

Jville

Reaction score
Without a linemen to target as an annual .net punching bag, many of you would start eating each other.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Liz_Mathews/status/729009554399203328[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/Liz_Mathews/status/729009177499082752[/tweet]

crosfam

Reaction score
Maybe, just maybe, he ends up being an upgrade at center. Hunt is a sixth rd draft pick who is shorter and less athletic than desired, but productive in college. Not a sure thing. Lewis did fairly well last year, but might be best suited as a back up, and did lose the job to Nowak early last year.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
crosfam":e60jv26w said:
Maybe, just maybe, he ends up being an upgrade at center. Hunt is a sixth rd draft pick who is shorter and less athletic than desired, but productive in college. Not a sure thing. Lewis did fairly well last year, but might be best suited as a back up, and did lose the job to Nowak early last year.

I think Cable wanted to get Nowak's athleticism on the field...Got overwhelmed...He had too much think, not enough do.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I can't shake the feeling this guy is going to become a good lineman. Definitely makes sense as an all around backup if he can learn the center position. He would have extensive training at tackle and guard and be able to use that experience to learn the center position.

I get the feeling Lewis and Nowak both struggled with either attitude or personality problems that make them a potential liability. Britt while struggling to take advantage of the opportunities he has had, does seem to have the favor of the coaches and they genuinely seem to want him to succeed.

I'm still pulling for the guy and will until I have a good reason not to. Would hate to see him cut and then catch on another team just as he gets it figured out.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Reeks of the last gasp to try and find a roster spot for him.

I really doubt Britt makes the team at this point. One of the worst draft picks of the PC/JS era.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Oline is one of the hardest positions for me to evaluate. All I know is the unit needs to be better. Britt was a high draft pick and is entering his 3rd year. Time for him to get it together. Guy is only 24. A lot of growth can still be had.

Jville

Reaction score
I don't know where Joey Hunt ranks athletically. I have not see anything posted along those lines. He is undersized so his NFL level durability figures to be tested.

I am not sure what to make of the perception that Drew Nowak was more athletic than Patrick Lewis. I thought they were similar athletically. I did think Nowak was longer and better at getting to the second level .... so maybe that had something to do with it.

I liked Patrick Lewis two years ago when he made his first appearances. I thought he brought a different, though more limited, look to the center position. However, he looked slower and heavy footed going into his second season in Seattle. Patrick is someone whose conditioning and movement needs to be at its best for 2016. And althought his range is limited and durability is questionable, they need him to compete regardless of his fate.

Hold over center project Will Pericak is the biggest unknown factor. Although, it's is my understanding that his athleticism is better than both Lewis and Novak.

There is also the often discussed Kristjan Sokoli project. The state of his development is a mystery for most of us.

And now added to the list is .net's designated 2016 punching bag ..... Justin Britt

All in all ... the competition at center appears to be wide open! That's never a bad thing. :th2thumbs:

Jville

Reaction score
Link to Tom Cable podcast interview concerning state of the line >>> [urltargetblank]http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/podcast_player/?a=10005983&sid=1034&n=The%20John%20Clayton%20Show[/urltargetblank]

And here >>> [urltargetblank]http://icestream.bonnint.net/seattle/kiro/2016/05/c_johnclaytonshow050716_10005983.mp3[/urltargetblank]

(I guess 710 ESPN radio is the only tolerable production left from that outfit.)