Using Lynch's cap space to extend Baldwin and Hauschka

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Weird link but yeah it would be best to get both signed long-term.
Both are pretty much in their primes.

I see Baldwin getting 4 years for 28-32m, 8-10m sb, 12-16 guaranteed. 7-8 apy.

Haushka 4 years for 10-14m, 4-5m sb, 3.5 - 4.5 apy.

Signing bonuses would be spread across 5 years starting this year.

Baldwin would account for 1.5-2m this year towards the cap in this scenario.

Hauschka would be .8 - 1m.

So somewhere between 2.3 to 3m. So its definately doable.

Seahawks @ OTC with all rookie deals in place but 1 have 10.5m in space counting top 51.

If top 53 cap players make the team that figure likely drops to $9-9.5m.

Lets call that remaining figure an even $8m after PS players/dead cap which I expect to be minimal.

Even if Baldwin and Hauschka pull in $4 m against the cap in signing bonuses this season , it would leave them with $4m left for I.R. Which a team would realistically reserve $3-5m.

So the team seems like its in good shape in what it needs and definately will have enough space to get these guys signed long-term.

I just like after this season, there really isnt big dead cap players. I doubt Seahawks would cut players like Wright, Kam, Bennett, Avril, Rubin, Kearse unless they were phenomenally horrid.

Laloosh

Reaction score
The great thing about Doug is that he's always healthy and always on the field. I'd extend him as soon as possible.

titan3131

Reaction score
I was hearing that they might do it midseason so to get the most realistic projection for him in our normal offense aka run run pass.

stang233

Reaction score
What type of dead money would we have if Kearse is cut?

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I'd look for Baldwin to get $9M APY. 4 year extension with $20 Mil guaranteed. This give the team an out after 2018. 3 more years of Baldwin and if he isn't still playing this well he could be cut. Like Kearse's contract give the team flexibility to cut him in 2 years.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I just dont see him making $8m at the most, I think $7m is even pushing.

His 14 TDs was an outlier, I dont think he had more than 5 any other year.

He also has to know he wont be a focal point, Seahawks insured themselves production at RB beyond Lynch and Rawls.

The WR corps looks a little crowded for the next two years, and Russ likes to spread it around. Kearse, Lockett, and Richardson will get thiers.

I also expect this defense to be better and more consistent. The Secondary looks to be much healthier than it was a year ago, returning all its players, Kam is not a distraction, and I expect the defense in whole to regain its dominant swagger with Clemons and Browner back with personas able to influence physicality and intensity.

If Baldwin gets $9 id expect it to backloaded on a 5 year deal.

I think $8 will be the number unless the Seahawks waits until the last quarter of the season and Baldwin repeats his 2015 performance 1000+ yards, 10+ TDs, top 3 effeciency, then $9-10 definately wouldnt be out of the question.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
stang233":31cwz6kp said:
What type of dead money would we have if Kearse is cut?

Since he just signed his contract extension . . . .

Rob12

Reaction score
Laloosh":217ev6zb said:
The great thing about Doug is that he's always healthy and always on the field. I'd extend him as soon as possible.

Same here. He's coming into his own and will be a guy that Russ consistently looks to.

When the ball is thrown his way, I feel that he's hauling it in 99 percent of the time. That's valuable. Didn't he go like 22 games without a drop?

And I know most feel that Marshawn gave this team the attitude (because he did), but Doug has been an extension of that. Our offense relies heavily on him.

Lock him up!

TwilightError

Reaction score
Hauschka is great but signing kickers long term is a bad idea. Two-year deal at most. I don't mind overpaying a little on yearly deals, but having a kicker who somehow loses it on roster on multiple years contract is bad for cap.

Doug should be extended immediately if possible.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Didn't Hauschka just re-sign? Seem like yesterday I saw a pic of him inking a deal at VMAC. The older I get, the faster time goes by.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
Is it really necessary to shell out money to extend Hauschka? Is he appreciably better than other kickers out there? I think we should make a run at Blair Walsh when he's available. You know that guy was baptized by fire this year... :stirthepot: