Boykin plans to stay in Russell Wilson's 'hip pocket'

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I truly hope this is the direction he takes. I heard that the incident with the cops before the bowl game was a rare thing, not a character issue. But, learning to be a pro from wilson may be an even better lesson than learning to play like wilson. On the other hand, some times what these young guys say is nothing but rhetoric and they continue with their own agenda. Hope that isn't the case, and we have an effective backup who plays with a similar style and has the respect of the locker room. Even though I hope he never steps foot in a game unless it is to kneel the ball after blowouts.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
I don't want to re-hash Boykin's history, but apparently he grew up in the absolute worst part of Texas, major gang violence, etc. Sounds like this is the first bit of trouble he had really been in. By all accounts, a very high character kid, despite a misstep.

Also, a very, very talented guy. I think people might be underselling his physical ability. It was just a press conference, but I saw a kid that owned up to the misstep and looked genuine about having the opportunity here in Seattle. This isn't discounting anything VA said or did; but this kid came across as chomping at the bit.

My way too early prediction...Boykin is traded for a mid-round pick 2-3 years from now and gets a chance to start with another team, ie Tyrod Taylor. Might be an easy/simplistic comp; but the kid has the physical talent and with simply being around RW; it's hard for me to believe the kid won't succeed in some capacity.

chrispy

Reaction score
rideaducati":1rw3xc80 said:
Is that a Boykin in your pants Russell? Save that for Ciera.

I'm glad I read this in the morning so I can chuckle about it all day....

pmedic920

Reaction score
I like the program at TCU a lot.

Although as most, they've had a few bad apples, IMO, TCU turns out better than average young men.

Personally, I don't think we will see bad character issues out of this kid, especially with RW serving as mentor.

YMMV :{)

Adopted Rookie: Alex Collins

OkieHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":36epv2wi said:

Although as most, they've had a few bad apples, IMO, TCU turns out better than average young men.

Personally, I don't think we will see bad character issues out of this kid, especially with RW serving as mentor.

Ok, this has been bothering me. Why don't you put your AAR in your signature on the site profile? Which reminds me I need to do that...

Laloosh

Reaction score
OkieHawk":3ls77fo1 said:
pmedic920":3ls77fo1 said:

Ok, this has been bothering me. Why don't you put your AAR in your signature on the site profile? Which reminds me I need to do that...

I was totally going to say something today.

In a show of solidarity, I too will add my AAR to my sig.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Laloosh":3qcpfj8z said:
I was totally going to say something today.

In a show of solidarity, I too will add my AAR to my sig.

You're alright, despite your handicap. Remember, synesthesia can be overcome. :thirishdrinkers:

pmedic920

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2qu70e8m said:
pmedic920":2qu70e8m said:

It's a stupid TAP a Talk thing.
Couldn't figure out how to get rid of the "sent from my thing using this thing", so I replaced it with my AAR.
I'm sure if I handed my phone to a 9 year old, they could show me but I've been told to stay away from kids :{)

OkieHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":3arymvnj said:
It's a stupid TAP a Talk thing.
Couldn't figure out how to get rid of the "sent from my thing using this thing", so I replaced it with my AAR.
I'm sure if I handed my phone to a 9 year old, they could show me but I've been told to stay away from kids :{)

Oh, once I tried quoting you I knew it was because of Tapatalk. I used to use that app but I personally find it easier to just use Chrome and the website. But I can see the appeal of the app.

Largent80

Reaction score
Really rooting for him. Getting young at the backup position with a very similar athlete to RW is brainy.