Huge O-Line

DavidCruz24

Reaction score
If things work out the way they are suppose to on the O-Line this training camp we are going to end up with a huge line. And it's not going to be just big but monstrous. RT should be J'Marcus Webb (6'7"), RG Germain Ifedi (6'5"). Center is up in the air and I think Patrick Lewis ends up with the spot (he's 6'1") but imagine if Justin Britt beats him out and we end up with him at center (he's 6'6"). LG will come down to two, Glowinski and Odhiambo and they are both 6'4". LT should be Gilliam at 6'5". Ofcourse anything can happen. There will be surprises and dissapointments but we have a chance at having a huge, big, tall line. Would come very nice for running the ball and getting back to being the bully.

12thman.garydrake

Reaction score
Its so nice seeing a real competition at oline this year. These guys are freaking huge minus C Hunt. Im praying they can open lanes for Mr Wilson to see and throw thru. Hasn't really ever been a problem for him but I'd like to see it happen more. He's had to be The Magician to often an somed.. Ok im not going to finish that sentence, you guys know what im saying i think.

Loving the competition

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Hunt isn't huge, but from what I have read, he uses his leverage really well. A low center of gravity means something if you are strong and leverage yourself well. He has a shot in my mind.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Not just tall but the lightest guy is 311 with Glowinski, and he looks heavier than that.

So we have all that poundage and a few really high SPARQ athletes in Britt, Ifedi and Gilliam.

Evidently the coaching staff is tired of seeing us getting physcially dominated in physical mismatches. Instead of smaller, quicker athletes for Cable's ZBS, we got bigger quick athletes.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Id say by the end of TC, bout 3 months.

Gilliam will be 310-315
Glowinski will be 315-320.
Britt stays at 315. Other OCs will be sub 305.
Ifedi will stay around 320-325.
Webb will get down to 320-325.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
They're big all right. I'm just nervous about them going against premier edge rushers in Robert Quinn and others around the league. Idk if Webb can get out there quick enough before it forces Russell to step up opposed to scrambling out the pocket. Is putting a 5' 11" qb behind these giants really the best idea?

nwgamer

Reaction score
Russ's O-line in college:

Ricky wagner 6'6 308
Frederick 6'3 312
Konz 6'5 314
Zeitler 6'4 314
Oglesby 6'7 330

I don't think people need to worry about our line being too big.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Jerhawk":37fvo5aw said:
Idk if Webb can get out there quick enough before it forces Russell to step up opposed to scrambling out the pocket.
The plan in that situation includes Vannett as a Y lined up next to Webb. There's nothing wrong with helping against the elite pass rushers in the league and RT is the easiest position on the line to help. Gilliam at LT makes a ton of sense because he is quick enough to stay with speed rushers and if he does get bulled back then RW sees it coming and can escape the slower power guys easily.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
nwgamer":1budvw8s said:

Ricky wagner 6'6 308
Frederick 6'3 312
Konz 6'5 314
Zeitler 6'4 314
Oglesby 6'7 330

Nice research man. That quiets my concerns right there lol.

I'm confident cable and co. will figure this out

A

Anonymous

Jerhawk":2hbn6wic said:
nwgamer":2hbn6wic said:

Ricky wagner 6'6 308
Frederick 6'3 312
Konz 6'5 314
Zeitler 6'4 314
Oglesby 6'7 330

Had no idea. Those dudes are fridge-raiders right there. Imagine the grocery bills.

Guys like that decide on student housing according to proximity of adequate pizza delivery.

nwgamer

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":68ywlzfl said:
Jerhawk":68ywlzfl said:
nwgamer":68ywlzfl said:

Ricky wagner 6'6 308
Frederick 6'3 312
Konz 6'5 314
Zeitler 6'4 314
Oglesby 6'7 330

Had no idea. Those dudes are fridge-raiders right there. Imagine the grocery bills.

Guys like that decide on student housing according to proximity of adequate pizza delivery.

Hehe Yah , they would make a fine Office Cubicle Enforcement team!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
DavidCruz24":1i95fval said:
If things work out the way they are suppose to on the O-Line this training camp we are going to end up with a huge line. And it's not going to be just big but monstrous. RT should be J'Marcus Webb (6'7"), RG Germain Ifedi (6'5"). Center is up in the air and I think Patrick Lewis ends up with the spot (he's 6'1") but imagine if Justin Britt beats him out and we end up with him at center (he's 6'6"). LG will come down to two, Glowinski and Odhiambo and they are both 6'4". LT should be Gilliam at 6'5". Ofcourse anything can happen. There will be surprises and dissapointments but we have a chance at having a huge, big, tall line. Would come very nice for running the ball and getting back to being the bully.
How will Russell see over them?!!! [emoji6]

Sent from my SC-04F using Tapatalk

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
nwgamer":146gxkcv said:

Ricky wagner 6'6 308
Frederick 6'3 312
Konz 6'5 314
Zeitler 6'4 314
Oglesby 6'7 330

I knew Wisconsin's OL when Wilson was there was pretty much NFL size. I just didn't know how near it was. Which left me to question why not give Wilson something similar? It's worked for Brees pretty well in my opinion.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":xouape8j said:
nwgamer":xouape8j said:

Ricky wagner 6'6 308
Frederick 6'3 312
Konz 6'5 314
Zeitler 6'4 314
Oglesby 6'7 330

I knew Wisconsin's OL when Wilson was there was pretty much NFL size. I just didn't know how near it was. Which left me to question why not give Wilson something similar? It's worked for Brees pretty well in my opinion.

It is a rare Wisconsin O Lineman in any given year who is under 6'4" and 300lbs. That's why we have had so many great college RBs who were NFL busts.