5 signed from Rookie Camp; Seisay Clears Waivers goes on IR

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The Seahawks signed five players who participated in last weekend’s rookie minicamp, cornerback Jamal Marshall, linebacker Pete Robertson, fullback Taniela Tupou, tight end Ronnie Shields and receiver Tyler Slavin.

To make room on the 90-man roster, Seattle released defensive tackle A.J. Francis, defensive tackle Lars Koht and safety Robert Smith, and waived/injured cornerback Mohammed Seisay and receiver Jeff Fuller.

Bummed that Seisay didn't work out. Was excited to see if he could develop.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/05/09 ... 25949206=1

UPDATE 5/10

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/730155138015330304[/tweet]

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":12f0j2b8 said:
The Seahawks signed five players who participated in last weekend’s rookie minicamp, cornerback Jamal Marshall, linebacker Pete Robertson, fullback Taniela Tupou, tight end Ronnie Shields and receiver Tyler Slavin.

To make room on the 90-man roster, Seattle released defensive tackle A.J. Francis, defensive tackle Lars Koht and safety Robert Smith, and waived/injured cornerback Mohammed Seisay and receiver Jeff Fuller.

Bummed that Seisay didn't work out. Was excited to see if he could develop.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/05/09 ... 25949206=1
Seisay could very well be back again.

GLio14

Reaction score
I feel like Seisay has so much potential, but continues to be getting injured. Sucks to see.

Basis4day

Reaction score
GLio14":qj63zhjo said:
I feel like Seisay has so much potential, but continues to be getting injured. Sucks to see.

Did he see any snaps while on the Hawks? He fits the physical profile of a Hawks CB, but i don't know how to gauge his play.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Basis4day":38m30mqp said:
GLio14":38m30mqp said:

Did he see any snaps while on the Hawks? He fits the physical profile of a Hawks CB, but i don't know how to gauge his play.
No, he injured his shoulder in the pre-season last year and was placed on I.R. Sounds like he's still not fully healed, so we could see him resurface back with the Hawks later in the summer if he can pass a physical.

two dog

Reaction score
When at Texas A&M, Jeff Fuller looked to be a fine future NFL receiver.
Six-four, pretty good speed and some nice catches.

Apparently, not enough speed or nice catches.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Surprised Francis is out already. Seemed like he has a lot of potential too. The Miami beat writers were wringing their hands when the Dolphins let him go last season. They said the Dolphins would regret the move.

The Seahawks how now waived Francis twice since then, so I guess that potential just isn't coming out on the field.

kearly

Reaction score
Surprised Fuller was cut so early. It's not his first stop in the NFL, but he had pretty good talent in college.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Its not surprising that Francis was cut DT was getting a little crowded with better talent with:

Rubin
Reed
Siliga
Jefferson
Hill
Bryant

Im not certain if Hill makes the roster if Jefferson and Bryant show pass-rush potential if the Seahawks elect to take the heavier Siliga as a backup run-stuffer.

Im glad Tupou made the team, even as a FB. This guy was a force for UW last season and they are willing to see what he has to offer as a player. Could be the next Tukuafu.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":7nkprjyl said:
Its not surprising that Francis was cut DT was getting a little crowded with better talent with:

Rubin
Reed
Siliga
Jefferson
Hill
Bryant

Im not certain if Hill makes the roster if Jefferson and Bryant show pass-rush potential if the Seahawks elect to take the heavier Siliga as a backup run-stuffer.

Im glad Tupou made the team, even as a FB. This guy was a force for UW last season and they are willing to see what he has to offer as a player. Could be the next Tukuafu.

Siliga definitely has a leg up because hes the only one that matches the profile of a Reed or Rubin. There are lots of Nickel DT competition on the roster.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I'm hoping part of the thought process is to allow Bryant to concentrate solely on D. So much untapped potential in that kid.

Sent from my SC-04F using Tapatalk

Basis4day

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/730155138015330304[/tweet]