Article: Schneider's Strategem: The Running Back Draft

vin.couve12

Reaction score
THe spin move he puts on at 1:03 at USC is a dead ringer to a Watters spin move.

[youtube]OtCFzDaCnZc[/youtube]

two dog

Reaction score
I read it and understood some of it. Some of the draft position vs. yards gained left
me wondering about it's importance.
The 'Hawks have created some strong options for themselves this year it seems.

kearly

Reaction score
I think Seattle sees Prosise as a pure playmaker more than a grunt who creates value on every down at this point. You see a few of these players already in the league, Darren Sproles, Reggie Bush, etc. The difference is that Procise is 220+ pounds and a bit more raw as a runner, but it's basically the same idea. Give him the ball with some space ahead of him and let him rip off big plays.

If Seattle had drafted Tyler Ervin, they would have been targeting him for the exact same role. Procise got the draft day edge because of his size. His experience at WR probably helped too, in fact it wouldn't shock me at all if Procise converted back to WR down the road and was really good at it.

The article was a tough read for me. I've never been a big fan of the non-sequitur laden Millenial writing style. And I'm a Millenial myself.

McGruff

Reaction score
kearly":pttlupmv said:
The article was a tough read for me. I've never been a big fan of the non-sequitur laden Millenial writing style. And I'm a Millenial myself.

Spoken like a true Millenial.

A-Dog

Reaction score
I think the data on players drafted by position is a bit flawed as there are more roster spots (and starting spots) for WRs than for RBs. I didn't see that accounted for in the article.

However, I am really excited to see what we can do with Prosise and/or Brooks with their versatility. Maybe they can fulfill the promise that Harvin never was able to (and at a much cheaper price, and without destroying the locker room).

rideaducati

Reaction score
This guy is carries the ball in his left hand as much as Christine Michael carries the ball in his right hand. Might have fumbling issues in the NFL. If I can pick that up in one short video, NFL players are going to know it too.

A

Anonymous

McGruff":26d5wjtb said:
kearly":26d5wjtb said:

At 52, I'm a relatively new Millennial.

To be honest, I'm not sure how to feel about that article.

sutz

Reaction score
I was thinking that maybe Prosise represents what Reggie Bush gave Pete at USC, with better size, which you would think would make him better at just about anything. Size enough to call him a 'real' RB, quick enough and with good enough hands to play as a 'real' WR and big enough to be a TE/H-back option. He obviously needs to fit in and prove himself, but it looks like he could add a lot to the mix.

Hawks46

Reaction score
rideaducati":1vb6fiqm said:
This guy is carries the ball in his left hand as much as Christine Michael carries the ball in his right hand. Might have fumbling issues in the NFL. If I can pick that up in one short video, NFL players are going to know it too.

Well that's easy to fix. Just rotate them in every other play. Then we can go Right, Left, Right, Left....then change it up and go Right, Right, Left, Right, Left, Left.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
sutz":3vqaz2dy said:
I was thinking that maybe Prosise represents what Reggie Bush gave Pete at USC, with better size, which you would think would make him better at just about anything. Size enough to call him a 'real' RB, quick enough and with good enough hands to play as a 'real' WR and big enough to be a TE/H-back option. He obviously needs to fit in and prove himself, but it looks like he could add a lot to the mix.
This. I told you, just little shifts in philosophy both on defense and offense just may prove Kearly isn't insane with his 16-0 stuff.

Remember this, it's Wilson's 5th year and for quarterbacks that is when you're either bad, good or elite. Dalton and Newton are good, Bradford and Keapernick are bad while Wilson is elite. While Luck could be either good or elite.

The difference is the bad tier quarterbacks give you no actual chance at playoff level. But the good tier quarterbacks like Carson Palmer or Alex Smith in the right situation can not only win at playoff level but possibly win a Superbowl or two. The elite tier quarterbacks pretty much guarantee playoffs and above average chances on multiple wins at that level. All while knowing if it goes right a Superbowl berth is totally likely and a winning it is pretty much a 50/50 proposition no matter the circumstances.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2etigysb said:
McGruff":2etigysb said:
kearly":2etigysb said:

:lol: :th2thumbs:

Vetamur

Reaction score
just ....unreadable..from writing style, to made up words, to maybe attempts at wit?, to false assumptions..........

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
sutz":2ux2rku0 said:

Pete said, in an interview, that Prosise is so unique there is really no close comparison with anyone he's coached before. How about we just say Prosise is like Prosise?

rideaducati

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2nyicunr said:
sutz":2nyicunr said:

Pete said, in an interview, that Prosise is so unique there is really no close comparison with anyone he's coached before. How about we just say Prosise is like Prosise?

Prosisely.

A

Anonymous

rideaducati":1mnd6g9d said:
HawKnPeppa":1mnd6g9d said:
sutz":1mnd6g9d said:

Prosisely.

So then, it's safe to say a portion of Pete's running game may be imProsised?

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Vetamur":26dhhx5f said:
just ....unreadable..from writing style, to made up words, to maybe attempts at wit?, to false assumptions..........

That's Field Gulls for you. Ken Arthur was too much, and every writer replacing him tries to top him in a similar style, unfortunately.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
A-Dog":3n2v1xnf said:
I think the data on players drafted by position is a bit flawed as there are more roster spots (and starting spots) for WRs than for RBs. I didn't see that accounted for in the article.

That's why I pointed out that the first 2/3 of the article was over the top. I didn't want to quote the entirety of the portion on Prosise but it really was the only part of the article that I wanted to share.

ivotuk

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1w72w1sv said:
McGruff":1w72w1sv said:
kearly":1w72w1sv said:

Punk! Wipe that snot off your nose! :p

What's a millenial? Is that anything like a Matt Millenial?