Bennett will attend training camp, per Michael Bennett

nanomoz

Reaction score
I'll give a shit when it is not voluntary. And, I personally find it hard to blame the guy for his opinion on the contract.

pehawk

Reaction score
Good for him. He deserves an adjustment to current deal.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Schneider doesn't sound concerned the issue will linger in 2016.

"It's always a rotating deal when you talk about everybody's contract issues and everything,'' Schneider said. "(Bennett) is not here right now, but there are a couple other players who aren't here. Cliff (Avril) is not here, Earl (Thomas) is on his honeymoon and stuff. Michael is a guy that takes very good care of his body. He's one hell of a football player."

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
So the NFL.Com references a PI article which comes from the PFT interview.

It's amazing how you can be sportswriter and never change out of your pajamas.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
With two years left I am sure after this season they work out a new deal with the extension.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
He made it clear last year that he'd never miss actual mandatory time. And would NEVER miss an actual game check. He said his wife would kick his butt. Non story. he'll be here when he has to be.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Oh also he's getting roasted at the parlor comedy club in bellevue this sunday.....

nanomoz

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":a6bi0vlt said:
So the NFL.Com references a PI article which comes from the PFT interview.

It's amazing how you can be sportswriter and never change out of your pajamas.

Amazing truth. Preach!

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I just hope it doesn't keep him from signing an extension next year. He would get a lot of money on the open market.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":6c0262re said:
I just hope it doesn't keep him from signing an extension next year. He would get a lot of money on the open market.
Michael turns 31 y/o during the season (Nov. 13th)... and he'll be 33 in 2018 when his current contract expires.

Given his age, there's not much wiggle room for an extension.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
I'm not at all concerned about him missing this time. He's a vet.

To be honest, he does deserve to make more than he's currently earning. He's a top 10 defensive lineman in my opinion, and he's currently the 29th highest paid DL (based on average salary per year). In fact there are eight guys that make DOUBLE what he makes in a season. He deserves to have his contract re-worked more than anybody else on the current roster.

McGruff

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":2l5hymx6 said:

I don't think we sign him to an extension. I think he finishes out his current contract and moves on.

Maybe we do a series of one year deals, but I doubt it.

Largent80

Reaction score
I really would like to see the team throw in some incentive things to let him know he's appreciated, outside of the millions he makes every year.

ctrcat

Reaction score
I honestly can't believe the Pro-Bennett viewpoint here. Charles Johnson is younger and has far more career sacks and sacks in the last five years-even came off an injury last year to tally three playoff sacks, and took a MASSIVE paycut. Bennett was stoned by the same Mike Remmers that Miller used in SB50.

Basis4day

Reaction score
ctrcat":442ndk4z said:
I honestly can't believe the Pro-Bennett viewpoint here. Charles Johnson is younger and has far more career sacks and sacks in the last five years-even came off an injury last year to tally three playoff sacks, and took a MASSIVE paycut. Bennett was stoned by the same Mike Remmers that Miller used in SB50.

There is more to being a DE/DT than sack numbers.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
ctrcat":1cmzjyvn said:

It's because we don't judge just by numbers or a single game performance. Bennett has been the Seahawks' most versatile lineman for the last 3 years and has taken over games on multiple occasions.

Largent80

Reaction score
ctrcat":3mtq8rtc said:

Nobody here cares what you think. Maybe you should be more concerned with actually WINNING a superbowl.