7 Seahawks Make PFF's Top 101 of 2015

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
I can usually see some sort of logic with a list i don't agree with, but there is no logical defense of this list that I would accept.

Two guards were listed above Wilson.

Wilson's scrambling ability alone adds the equivalent of Incognito, then you throw in his actual production and TRUE leadership (by example) and he is easily better and way more valuable than good ole Richie.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
rideaducati":27rdkkzy said:
Cam Newton is the top QB? I don't think so. Whatafarceofalist.

Have zero problem with that, he was MVP for a reason. Had a monster season.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":37u9ip4c said:
I can usually see some sort of logic with a list i don't agree with, but there is no logical defense of this list that I would accept.

Two guards were listed above Wilson.

Wilson's scrambling ability alone adds the equivalent of Incognito, then you throw in his actual production and TRUE leadership (by example) and he is easily better and way more valuable than good ole Richie.

This is the same site that didnt have Wilson in the Top 5 for that respective week after the Steelers game.

PFF's rankings are wonky as hell quite often. Take them with a grain of salt. Even though I agree with where Donald is, Cam is, etc.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Hard for me to agree with Richie Incognito being higher ranked that Russell Wilson.

Seriously, I'm not a big "hellz no we getz no respect" kind of guy, but it's almost like the last half of last season meant almost nothing to people. Wilson had a historic half of a season, better than lots of Hall of Fame QB's.

How does a Guard have more value than that ?

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawks46":1pxruoxz said:
Hard for me to agree with Richie Incognito being higher ranked that Russell Wilson.

Seriously, I'm not a big "hellz no we getz no respect" kind of guy, but it's almost like the last half of last season meant almost nothing to people. Wilson had a historic half of a season, better than lots of Hall of Fame QB's.

He has a more charming personality the Wilson . :)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I don't get upset over crap like this, it's just someone's subjective list.
The only award that means anything to me is my team being that silver trophy after the last game of the year. :th2thumbs:

kearly

Reaction score
Must be a weird list for Packers fans. Mike Daniel, Josh Sitton, and TJ Lang make the top 101, but Aaron Rodgers does not.

If PFF were a GM, they'd be something along the lines of Chip Kelly in his last offseason with Philly. Most of the stuff they do is crazy, but only geniuses do crazy stuff right?

kearly

Reaction score
Hawks46":3pwpmzcu said:

It has to do with how they grade QBs. QBs barely get any points in their system, it's always been that way. That's why you only see six QBs on the top 101.

Does it make any sense? No. Should they tweak their formula for QBs? Yes. Will they? Probably not. Unlike FO which actively tweaks their formulas when reality slaps them in the face, PFF stands resolute even when their results look extremely foolish. It reminds me of the Marine Biologist in an old Jim Gaffigan joke.

[youtube]ujRwl6dL9go[/youtube]

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
anigif_enhanced-20805-1401213310-1.gif

Popeyejones

Reaction score
kearly":2tfji2nf said:
Hawks46":2tfji2nf said:

It has to do with how they grade QBs. QBs barely get any points in their system, it's always been that way. That's why you only see six QBs on the top 101.

Does it make any sense? No. Should they tweak their formula for QBs? Yes. Will they? Probably not. Unlike FO which actively tweaks their formulas when reality slaps them in the face, PFF stands resolute even when their results look extremely foolish.

It does make sense if you're thinking about performance by position, which they are, but doesn't make sense if you read it as saying who matters to their team the most (which isn't what they're trying to do).

Having an average QB is more important than having JJ Watt, but it doesn't mean he's a better player.

FWIW these ratings also include playoffs, which knocks Wilson down a bit too.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":t6hac0m3 said:
kearly":t6hac0m3 said:
Hawks46":t6hac0m3 said:

Does it make any sense? No. Should they tweak their formula for QBs? Yes. Will they? Probably not. Unlike FO which actively tweaks their formulas when reality slaps them in the face, PFF stands resolute even when their results look extremely foolish.

It does make sense if you're thinking about performance by position, which they are, but doesn't make sense if you read it as saying who matters to their team the most (which isn't what they're trying to do).

Having an average QB is more important than having JJ Watt, but it doesn't mean he's a better player.

But that's just the whole point....Wilson isn't just your "Average Quarterback", that would be the Colin Kaepernic's or Johnny Football's that fail to take their multimillion dollar jobs seriously enough by working their ever lovin' asses off to getting better at their position.
You see...Cam Newton worked his way up to respectability (well.......mostly on the field anyway) and after 4 Years of semi-mediocre play, worked his butt off, and cashed in on Year 5.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2z56cdfj said:
Popeyejones":2z56cdfj said:
kearly":2z56cdfj said:
Hawks46":2z56cdfj said:

But that's just the whole point....Wilson isn't just your "Average Quarterback", that would be the Colin Kaepernic's or Johnny Football's that fail to take their multimillion dollar jobs seriously enough by working their ever lovin' asses off to getting better at their position.
You see...Cam Newton worked his way up to respectability (well.......mostly on the field anyway) and after 4 Years of semi-mediocre play, worked his butt off, and cashed in on Year 5.

Nobody, including PFF, has claimed Wilson was just an average QB or anything close to that last year.

Regarding Cam, this is a list based on performance for last year only.

Smellyman

Reaction score
kearly":1sa0cbio said:
Must be a weird list for Packers fans. Mike Daniel, Josh Sitton, and TJ Lang make the top 101, but Aaron Rodgers does not.

If PFF were a GM, they'd be something along the lines of Chip Kelly in his last offseason with Philly. Most of the stuff they do is crazy, but only geniuses do crazy stuff right?

Yup. PFF blows. Really needs to be never referenced again.