Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

2016 Present Depth Chart, Roster Moves, Current Cap Position

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• nm
    Last edited by KitsapGuy on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays. 
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Goodman is out.

Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Thanks Jviille, have been on the road, updated now.

Damontre Moore is an interesting add, he's really underachieved his draft expectations. Maybe the coaches can wake up his talent. Nice to see Farmer back and cutting Howsare may indicate the team is finally starting to think the RB health situation is improving enough to develop Farmer further.

I guess they saw enough of Stave to let him develop elsewhere.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• CB- Pierre Desir added to the PS,

Was drafted in the 4th by Cleveland and was thought to have promise, 33" arms.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1943 ... eport-more

this player was on several short lists around this site before his draft. He's been a significant underachiever and floated around but has some real athleticism albeit with an absense of raw speed.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• There is a rumour that the team has re-signed RB- Troymaine Pope, although there appears to not be any confirmation of this from any of the conventional places.

EDIT: http://www.rostermon.com confirms the signing of Pope to the PS but has no corresponding cut from the PS. I've listed him as a UDFA as he never has played as regular memeber of the Jets roster after they snagged him from our waiver.

EDIT: Now Rostermon doesn't show Pope as signed, I'm keeping him on the roster for now as #11 on the PS as I expect this will get posted on NFL transactions soon.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• It has been officially posted now
    --

11/04/16
    Released RB George Farmer, FB Julian Howsare and QB Joel Stave from practice squad. Signed FS Pierre Desir and RB Troymaine Pope to practice squad.

http://www.seahawks.com/team/transactions
    LeftHandSmoke
    NET Veteran

• Thanks Smoke!

Weird that rostermon pulled Pope off their list and now have added him back with the corresponding player waived being Farmer.

Updated.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Bob Condotta of the Times has reported WR- Kenny Lawler has been waived from the PS, this is confirmed by rostermon.com who also indicate George Farmer has been added back to the PS.

http://www.rostermon.com/teams/sea/transactions/

Farmer was indicated to be a RB when added back last week. I used the same number he had last week for him.

Updated

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• There have been a few reports the team has signed big DT- John Jenkins, recently waived from the Saints. However there doesn't appear to be anything more official showing up yet.

I plan on holding off posting him to the roster until I see some more official confirmation. Sometimes the Twitter feeds are wrong or there is some medical reason why the deal doesn't happen. Will wait and see.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Besides Michael (waived) and Jenkins signed rostermon.com reports the Sealver Siliga has been waived and Mike Morgan has been designated for return from IR.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Roster Churn Tuesdays .......... pretty much every week ........ like clockwork.

Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Two normally reliable twitter reports is good enough.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Thanks Jville, you are the twitter man, much appreciated.

Updated.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Thanks Jville, updated now.

It will be interesting to see if the open roster spot is filled by SOLB- Mike Morgan who has been recalled from IR and is in his window to be activated.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Beat me to it. Thanks Jville!

They've given Brooks #32.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Malcolm Johnson is an interesting addition to the practice squad. Both Brandon Cotton and Joe Sommers are on injured reserve. So the Malcolm Johnson "audition" is a reminder of their continuing interest in a hybrid FB/TE that can catch and block.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• I agree, and note this player was solid in college and is more of a HBack than a RB. The continuing interest in this type of HBack is a fairly clear indication they are still kicking tires to find a player for a part of the playbook they have yet to use.

Don't believe he's very fast like Prosise was but he can block and catch and could be an interesting upgrade over Tukuafu.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Jammerhawk,

Out of respect and appreciation for your contributions, I wanted to give you a heads up that I will no longer post twitter alerts. No big deal as there are plenty of other posters following Roster Churn Tuesday. I have chosen to ween myself off of seahawks.net. I've already abandoned the game day forum. With all the poor sportsmanship and unrelenting negativity in there, abandoning the game day forum was really easy.

These are the best of times for the Seahawks. And, as a fan since the 70s, I chose to enjoy these times with with the most sporting of fans.

Enjoy these days my friend,

J'ville
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Jville wrote:Jammerhawk,

Out of respect and appreciation for your contributions, I wanted to give you a heads up that I will no longer post twitter alerts. No big deal as there are plenty of other posters following Roster Churn Tuesday. I have chosen to ween myself off of seahawks.net. I've already abandoned the game day forum. With all the poor sportsmanship and unrelenting negativity in there, abandoning the game day forum was really easy.

These are the best of times for the Seahawks. And, as a fan since the 70s, I chose to enjoy these times with with the most sporting of fans.

J'ville

[b][/b"Ween myself off of .Net" interesting choice of words but I understand that gameday forum part.I cut myself down to a couple visits if even that.I hope you'll stick around because you can always put the ignore feature on certain posters who get on the nerves.I know I have and it helps
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

J'ville

I completely agree that these are the best of times for the Hawks and many here have unrealistic expectations of some exceptional dominance that never can fail.

I hope you change your mind after a period of cooling off as there are many here who are more moderate and realistic in what they happily see from this team. I certainly will miss your very exceptional 'on the spot' twitter reports which have been of immense value to this thread and to the information of the rest of us all here. You are the 'twitter man' Johnny on the spot reporter, without any question.

Thanks for everything, please don't be a stranger.
    Last edited by jammerhawk on Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• http://www.rostermon.com is reporting that the team has again waived RB- Zac Brooks and has also now waived FB- Malcolm Johnson, while WR- Kevin Smith has been re-signed to the PS. This leaves one open PS slot.

Updated.

Johnson didn't last long, though he had more potential than his very short stay seemingly indicates. I do however appreciate that a great deal of the present roster moves are injury dependant.

There will need to be a 53 man roster move this week with Morgan being re-activated from IR and perhaps one of the recent PS guys will be moved back to the PS if they clear waivers.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• The open PS slot has been filled.

Seahawks sign RB- Kelvin Taylor to PS

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/11495/kelvin-taylor

updated

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• The team has a 2 week window to activate OLB- Mike Morgan after recalling him from IR.

The two weeks are up this week as it was reported he was recalled from IR on the 15th, I think we will see a 53 man roster move tomorrow or whenever the formal exemption period has ended but it will be in the next day or so.

I'm wondering who the player will be but the balance seems to indicate it will a defensive player. That said the numbers at RB are out of whack, but the depth there is pretty nicked up.

Bob Condotta ‏@bcondotta
    Seahawks with no transactions today. They'll have to make one tomorrow to get Mike Morgan back on 53-man roster.
    3 replies 5 retweets 8 likes

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Mike Morgan is now officially recalled from IR and Jordan Tripp has been placed on IR, as per Condotta.
    Will update later having some wine.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

J'ville

Not being in the gameday forum..I have not been there at all. I hope you are still a contributer here...I really appreciate the work and effort you put in. But if it is not in the cards...be happy. That is all we want in our lives. Peace.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Whole heartedly agree my man, Jville is a balls to the wall poster. He's a leader and hugely appreciated by the whole board. He's the sharpest Twitter reporter on the board.

There are a lot of Negative Nellie's here that could try the patience of anyone because of their nastiness. Thing is if you take enough hits or the negativity gets you down, this place can get to be too much at least for a while.

Those here who have got into it with Jville please message him and make your peace

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Sadly Hawks place FS- Earl Thomas on IR and sign FB- Marcel Reece.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2016/12/5/138 ... rcel-reece

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• NM
    Last edited by KitsapGuy on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays. 
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Jeron Johnson is a nice homecoming.

Still waiting on confirmation of DE Shaneil Jenkins as a practice team addition.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• FS- Jeron Johnson signed to the 53, and RB- George Farmer is waived. Kevin Smith waived from PS and as noted above Shaneil Jenkins is added to the PS. The others have already been noted.

Other moves from http://www.rostermon.com

Kevin Smith WR 2016-12-06 Waived
    George Farmer RB 2016-12-06 Waived
    Marcel Reece FB 2016-12-06 Signed
    Jeron Johnson DB 2016-12-06 Signed
    Shaneil Jenkins DE 2016-12-06 Signed (PS)

Updated

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Thanks Jville, you are back, greatly appreciate your posts.

Non illegitimo carborundum on the negativity that eminates from this board at times. You are too valuable an asset for the board to lose.

Updated.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Love these latest moves..I'm sure it will pay off for the come the playoffs..Welcome Back Jville
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• NM
    Last edited by KitsapGuy on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Addresses immediate need for pass rush on Thursday night.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Thanks Jville I just noticed those roster moves myself but as usual you beat everyone to it.

Here's a draft profile for Powell. Looks interesting.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/ ... id=2543579

Updated.

Looks to be one empty PS spot. Wonder if George Farmer is added back?

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Damontre Moore to be placed on injured reserve because of foot. Carroll says they will deal with the off field stuff later as it unfolds.

Per .... 10/20 Pete Carroll Press Conference.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Now updated accordingly.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• RB- Terrence Magee added to the 53 from the Browns PS

Otherwise reported WR- J.D.McKissic added to the PS.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• There seems to be some confusion about today's transactions.

From Roster Mom

Robert Myers Jr. 2016-12-20 PS → IR
    Malcolm Johnson 2016-12-20 Signed (PS)
    Terrence Magee 2016-12-20 Signed from Browns practice squad
    J.D. McKissic 2016-12-20 Signed
    Kelvin Taylor 2016-12-20 Waived

Note: that Damontre Moore's move to IR has yet to show up on the above listing.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• I'm still treating Damontre Moore as being assigned to IR until it becomes clear it isn't so.

Have updated for all th other moves.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• jammerhawk wrote:I'm still treating Damontre Moore as being assigned to IR until it becomes clear it isn't so.

Have updated for all th other moves.

Good >>> ".. and defensive end Damontre Moore was placed on injured reserve to make room on the 53-man roster." Source >>>> http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/12/20/seahawks-make-roster-moves

Damontre Moore 2016-12-20 ACT → IR
    Robert Myers Jr. 2016-12-20 PS → IR
    Malcolm Johnson 2016-12-20 Signed (PS)
    Terrence Magee 2016-12-20 Signed from Browns practice squad
    J.D. McKissic 2016-12-20 Assigned via Waivers
    Kelvin Taylor 2016-12-20 Waived
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

PreviousNext

It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:43 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]