Seahawks Sign LB Khairi Fortt

Basis4day

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/732325120388161536[/tweet]

drdiags

Reaction score
Hmm, so I wonder who got whacked? I know many like the race to 53 but I try not to get to know these guys too much, since one day they are thanking their lucky stars for getting signed with a team and the next week saying so long.

Guess that is why I don't like those reality shows that much. Now get off my lawn you whippersnappers!

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
drdiags":2iqts4ub said:
Hmm, so I wonder who got whacked? I know many like the race to 53 but I try not to get to know these guys too much, since one day they are thanking their lucky stars for getting signed with a team and the next week saying so long.

Guess that is why I don't like those reality shows that much. Now get off my lawn you whippersnappers!

The waived Christian French. Now, now. Dry your eyes.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheSaintsBeat/status/732320679031230464[/tweet]

This made me laugh.

kearly

Reaction score
Basis4day":27aqptlt said:

This made me laugh.

I hate to say it, but it doesn't look like that bad of a draft compared to what Seattle has gotten out of their 2014 group so far.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
kearly":24zesynn said:
Basis4day":24zesynn said:

This made me laugh.

I hate to say it, but it doesn't look like that bad of a draft compared to what Seattle has gotten out of their 2014 group so far.

At least the Seahawks have five players from the 2014 draft class still on the roster.

And if UDFA Garry Gilliam has the kind of breakout year some are expecting at LT, he could be the crown jewel of that rookie class in Seattle.

McGruff

Reaction score
Interesting and talented athlete, but he's had some weird disciplinary stuff in numerous short stays around the league. The Saints cut him after 4 games into his rookie year. The Bengals signed him and cut him a week later. The Jaguars let him go after one season.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
McGruff":80xk1c5s said:
Interesting and talented athlete, but he's had some weird disciplinary stuff in numerous short stays around the league. The Saints cut him after 4 games into his rookie year. The Bengals signed him and cut him a week later. The Jaguars let him go after one season.

Hummmm....something doesn't smell right!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2wlcvcfn said:
McGruff":2wlcvcfn said:

Hummmm....something doesn't smell right!
Glade plugins work pretty good at masking SOME of those little wind-breakings :p

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I remember wanting this guy pretty badly in the draft, really liked what little tape there was on him. He also visited the Hawks pre-draft.

His career hasn't gone the way I would have assumed and it doesn't seem like a talent issue. This is probably his last legitimate chance to make something of himself in the NFL, hope he realises that and bucks up his ideas.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
McGruff":1ia87g82 said:

..........and then Pete Carol got a hold of him and turned him into an all pro........... :thirishdrinkers:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Here is a combine draft profile for Khairi Fortt

Seemingly very athletic, maybe needs some positional development, a player who played better earlier in college than at the end but one who was noticed as a watch listed 'Butkus Award' linebacker. Some apparent 'personal issues' that might need clarification or him maturing somewhat.

He was, as observed above, a player who the Hawks had interest in when he was drafted. Looks like a signing with little downside and some upside potential.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/kha ... id=2543568