2016 Draft comp- Lindy's Sports Mag

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Each year during the long draft process I always pick up a copy of Lindy's Sports Pro Football Draft Guide. This is put out in early March after the combine but without the actual combine data.

Each year after the draft I compare the Seahawks draft class to how Lindy's has them graded. Usually, our picks aren't ranked very high (typical) and last year that was the case. But this year there's some surprising results I thought I'd Share.

Runningbacks

Alex Collins - Drafted Rnd 5, Lindy's rank- 3rd best RB / 2nd round projection.
CJ Prosise - Drafted Rnd 3, Lindy's rank- 10th RB overall / 3rd-4th round projection.

Undrafted Free Agent Tre Madden listed in the "Worth Watching " section (Not in top 22 of RB's )

WR
Kenny Lawler- Drafted Rnd 7, Lindy's rank- 12th WR overall/ 3rd Round projection

TE
Nick Vannett- Drafted Rnd 3, Lindy's rank- 3rd TE overall/ 3rd Rnd projection

OL
Germain Ifedi- drafted Rnd 1, Lindy's rank- 7th Tackle overall/ 2nd Rnd Projection
Rees Odhiambo- Drafted Rnd 3, Lindy's Rank- 9th Guard overall/ 5th Rnd Projection

Joey Hunt listed in the "Worth Watching" section didn't make it into the top 7 Centers.

DT-
Jerran Reed- Drafted Rnd 2, Lindy's - 4th DT overall / 1st Round projection.

Quintion Jefferson- Listed in the "Worth Watching section" (Not among the top 20 DT's in class)

UDFA
Montese Overton- OLB- Listed in "worth watching" section
Tyvis Powell- Safety- ranked 11th best safety / 5th Rnd Projection

Pretty interesting to see that most of the guys went where they were suppose to go or later than projected, the only real exception would be the linemen as we took them earlier than conventional thinking would assume they'd go.

OP
OP
J

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":amusmg04 said:
Yeah but... What really is conventional thinking?
I get that. it doesnt really bother me.
I thought it would be interesting to see what "value" if any we got from this draft.
At least this should satisfy those who are always decrying "we could have gotten player A 2 rounds later"

I thought it was interesting, that Kenny Lawyer offers the best value according to their projections and were we took him.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Not a surprise to see Lawler and Collons doing so well in these type of evaluations. I think we got somebreal steals here.

kearly

Reaction score
Goff really likes to spread the ball. Lawler led the team with 52 receptions last year, but he only had 12 more receptions than Cal's #6 WR. Had Lawler been paired with a less developed QB, he probably would have seen quite a bit more targets and production.

He needs to add some bulk in the NFL. He's not fast even when playing in such a skinny frame. He might as well commit to taking the Anquon Boldin or TJ Houshmandzadeh route to NFL success.