How does this photo make you feel ?

pmedic920

Reaction score
Ran across this on my Twitter feed.
My first thought was, "dam I'm getting old" but then I had some other thoughts.

Care to share yours?

10ddb73e51bf1ae1656ded2f5fc40797.jpg

sutz

Reaction score
They put the Seahawks on the NFL map. Even when they were losing, they were making highlight shows.

I think there's a lot of them in this current team, although this modern version has more talent. Largent was the original "pedestrian" WR. Never had great speed, just had a knack for getting open and finding holes in the defense, and hands l ike nobody's business. IIRC, he was the first WR that they started to count the number of games played in with a completion. I forget the final number he had, but it was way north of 100, I'm thinking 180 or so.

Good times.

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
Interesting. It makes me feel nostalgic for my childhood. I have both their autographs on a 1976 team poster. Also reminds me of the Father's Day brunch I took my dad to where the Seahawk players actually served the meal. I don't think that happens anymore, lol.. :)

A-Dog

Reaction score
It makes me feel like watching the original Star Wars

mrt144

Reaction score
pmedic920":3p28893a said:
Ran across this on my Twitter feed.
My first thought was, "dam I'm getting old" but then I had some other thoughts.

Care to share yours?

10ddb73e51bf1ae1656ded2f5fc40797.jpg

Old?

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
sutz":3cd85s9k said:
They put the Seahawks on the NFL map. Even when they were losing, they were making highlight shows.

I think there's a lot of them in this current team, although this modern version has more talent. Largent was the original "pedestrian" WR. Never had great speed, just had a knack for getting open and finding holes in the defense, and hands l ike nobody's business. IIRC, he was the first WR that they started to count the number of games played in with a completion. I forget the final number he had, but it was way north of 100, I'm thinking 180 or so.

Good times.
October 1986 Largent caught a pass in his 128th consecutive game passing Harold Carmichael's existing record. By the end of the streak Largent had caught a pass in 177 straight games. I remember watching the games and always waiting to see that Largent had a catch so the streak would continue. Good times!

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
meh.....overrated. Franchise wasn't very good back then yet people will hold onto their memories.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":32mxj2z6 said:
meh.....overrated. Franchise wasn't very good back then yet people will hold onto their memories.
NOTHING about Steve Largent has EVER been overrated. In fact, it's generally been a case of mostly being underrated. But guys like Mike Haynes, HOF CB and one of the best ever to play the position know how good Largent was and how difficult he was to cover.

As for the photo, like others have said it makes me feel old.

rideaducati

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2sj4esq9 said:

You're right about them not being very good, but they weren't very bad either. Always seemed to finish like a Jeff Fisher coached team.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3mveyysv said:

I guess there is no such thing as great who played for bad franchises. I guess Barry Sanders sucked and was overrated as well.

Yes we will hold onto those memories. Should we forget them just because the team was not great? The were other great players on the old Seahawks who sere considered among the best in the game. Example Kenny Easley.

You will probably jump on another bandwagon once this team has run its course. You will not be missed.

sutz

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1b80326o said:
A very un-scientific observation.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
RE: All

Its how it makes me feel. No need to argue with my feelings.....I don't plan on arguing with yours.

Thanks.