Michael Bennett slams Bradford for trying to leave

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Mr. Bennett is right. Bradford is such a diva.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I don't think there is a player in that Eagles locker room that has any respect for Bradford anymore. They might say differently, but it will show if Bradford remains on the team. Another lost season in Philly.

Who the hell does Bradford think he is? He hasn't earned ANYTHING on the field that should make him feel that he doesn't need to compete for his job.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Bradford goes and pouts when for the first time in his underwhelming career he has to compete and earn his job. No way his teammates or on board with this guy; they'll rally around Daniel or Wentz now.

Look at some of the QBs who had to earn their jobs with their performance: Russ, Brady, Ben, Rodgers, Romo, Brees

And the one's who were given the #1 job right out of college: RG3, Luck, Stafford, Dalton

HawkGA

Reaction score
Rodgers didn't earn it so much as just waited out Favre. But, ya, your point generally stands. That was actually one of the things I didn't like about the Hass and Homgren era early on was that Hass was handed the starting job. That didn't work out well, not until he earned it anyway.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
I'm glad a fairly prominent player spoke up about Bradford's diva routine.

He is going to make more money in one season than most Americans would make in 8 lifetimes...for playing a game.

He isn't some established star that might have to uproot his family when he thought he would stay for the rest of his career. He is a mediocre/decent QB who struggles to stay healthy and hasn't won anything.

Eagles made a mistake bringing him in, then made it worse by keeping him.

rideaducati

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":9kwuq5zj said:
I'm glad a fairly prominent player spoke up about Bradford's diva routine.

He is going to make more money in one season than most Americans would make in 8 lifetimes...for playing a game.

He isn't some established star that might have to uproot his family when he thought he would stay for the rest of his career. He is a mediocre/decent QB who struggles to stay healthy and hasn't won anything.

Eagles made a mistake bringing him in, then made it worse by keeping him.

He isn't even mediocre/decent. Out of 20 QBs that have started at least 60 games since Bradford was drafted, Bradford ranks 19th in completion %, 20th in rating, td %, yards/ attempt, wins and touchdowns. He is awful.

Sam has been paid $1 million per touchdown thrown.
Sam has been paid $3.14 million per win.

The only other person in the league that has been paid that well for doing so little is Jeff Fisher. I wonder how either one of them still have jobs in the NFL.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/phil ... ers-030216

Hawks46

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":23uj7wiq said:
Bitch, Bitch....Bitch! Mr. Bennett ought to get into politics.....then he'd have something to complain about!

You're saying he doesn't have a point ? Bradford got way over paid, then threw 17 TD's against 14 INT's in a QB friendly system that make Nick Foles a Pro Bowler. Then get whines about the team drafting a new QB for competition.

Meanwhile, Bennett is clearly one of the best players in the league at his position, and he can't sniff that kind of guaranteed cash. I know he agreed to the contract, but he wasn't going to get much more in Chicago, who was the other big suitor for his services.

kobebryant

Reaction score
HawkGA":c7qn1fl6 said:
Rodgers didn't earn it so much as just waited out Favre. But, ya, your point generally stands. That was actually one of the things I didn't like about the Hass and Homgren era early on was that Hass was handed the starting job. That didn't work out well, not until he earned it anyway.

I hear ya. But Rodgers I see as a guy that still had to prove it in practice over 3 (?) years I believe, and didn't pout when they spent a 2nd rounder on Brian Brohm.

I guess my general point is that there is absolutely nothing wrong with having to earn your spot, and I'd say that guys even come out better/hardened/tougher for it.

For example, even if I know I'm starting Goff, and it might be bad for marketing, I'm saying it's a competition and I'm asking him to prove he's better than Keenum and Foles before I give him all the starter reps.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Why would you NOT always have a competition. Let who plays best play. I would never know why you would not start the best player if you really want to win. If you are a sucker for media and fan pressure you should not be a head coach.