The space between

mistaowen

Reaction score
Great read, thanks!

The 31-37 first and 10 tight end completion stat is crazy. I think that new defensive dime look is gonna be awesome. The weight on Earl's shoulders just got a whole lot heavier - he will need to be everywhere.

titan3131

Reaction score
I didn't enjoy the article. Only the final paragraph seemed worth the time reading it.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
That was a great read & breakdown.
I especially loved the "Crack The Pete Carroll Code", and how they'll have to go back to the chalk board.
Yes, it will require that Earl Thomas ratchet it up a notch, but I think that Pete will have some big surprises in store for the Quarterbacks that think that they have a 50/50 chance of isolating, and thus burning Thomas.
It might take a game or two to get the Defense up to speed, but once they do, opposing Offenses will have to totally readjust....Again.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Good article, my only criticism is that the blueprint to defeating Carrol's/ the Hawks defensive strategy by passing on first down, and utilizing the tight end as the primary threat, was not authored by Belichick and Brady in XLIX, it was authored by Frank Reich and masterfully executed by Rivers and Gates in the second game of the 2014-15 season.

It was the first game to really demonstrate the mortality of Pete's scheme, and the first game that I recall seeing Kam, Thomas, and Sherman starting to look questioningly at each other and at the linebackers, frustrated that they were being picked apart.

Gates caught 7 passes on 7 targets for 96 yards, 3 touchdowns and a 13.7 yards per attempt average.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1a5uuk2n said:
Good article, my only criticism is that the blueprint to defeating Carrol's/ the Hawks defensive strategy by passing on first down, and utilizing the tight end as the primary threat, was not authored by Belichick and Brady in XLIX, it was authored by Frank Reich and masterfully executed by Rivers and Gates in the second game of the 2014-15 season.

It was the first game to really demonstrate the mortality of Pete's scheme, and the first game that I recall seeing Kam, Thomas, and Sherman starting to look questioningly at each other and at the linebackers, frustrated that they were being picked apart.

Gates caught 7 passes on 7 targets for 96 yards, 3 touchdowns and a 13.7 yards per attempt average.
Good call BSD. Kudos.