If Lynch un-retired would you want him back for just 1 year?

If Lynch un-retired would you want him back for just 1 year?

• Yes

Votes: 53 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 129 70.9%

• Total voters

seabowl

Reaction score
I voted no for two reasons.

1- we saw last year that a rb that can hit the hole quick (especially behind a poor OL) gives us more than someone with Lynch's running style.

2- I frankly do not want to sacrifice losing Prosise or Collins to hold onto Lynch.

Thoughts?

Vetamur

Reaction score
At risk of being called a hater, if he decided to un-retire then truly wouldnt be at the point where the antics have gone too far? The entire off season plan assumed he wouldnt be here.. the draft and free agency assumed that.. then to turn around.. No. I thank Lynch for all he has done.. the play offs and Super Bowls..cant think of another running back with as many signature runs.. but, its time.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Reminiscent of Farve. I would not like him back at this point. I appreciate what he did for us but as a team I feel we have moved on. I understand players loved him and would like him around but we need to evolve. Besides Lynch himself has made no indication of coming back. It was only a speculation question from a reporter to Sherman. The one thing I loved about Lynch was his lack of media interaction. There was never so much said and speculated about some one who said so little. Good stuff. He made a mockery of our media and media culture. Good for him.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Thats a no for me because he is done.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I'd rather save the cap space.

And the team has turned a mental corner on Marshawn... there should be no going back.

This is now Russell's offense.

sutz

Reaction score
No, and in agreement with much of what is stated above.

Not sure where this is coming from, but this kind of speculation starts getting me to wonder if Marshawn is trying to finagle an unconditional release from the team so he can play another year elsewhere. Frankly, I don't think the team should do that, and hang on to his rights. If he wants to play somewhere else, that team would have to compensate the Hawks in some way.

Vetamur

Reaction score
sutz":rnl80js8 said:

Not sure where this is coming from, but this kind of speculation starts getting me to wonder if Marshawn is trying to finagle an unconditional release from the team so he can play another year elsewhere. Frankly, I don't think the team should do that, and hang on to his rights. If he wants to play somewhere else, that team would have to compensate the Hawks in some way.

Ive given Marshawn the benefit of the doubt, but since day 1 of his retirement I kind of had this nagging feeling he would kind of take a final shot at the team. He was a great team mate, but had little regard for the FO. The fact he wont sign his retirement papers isnt really a good sign. I know the excuses, he was travelling etc..but its literally a signature. Its not like they need him to sit down at a PC and actually create the documents. Sign them. Its not hard.

pmedic920

Reaction score
sutz":eobiu9du said:

Yea, I don't know how all that works but I'd say he plays for the Hawks or The Hawks should be able to get something if he plays for the Raiders ( don't see him any other place).

I'm with the others though, I hate to lose one of the new guys to keep him at this point.

Wait, what if he came back and we got to another SB with him leading the way?

Crap, I'm so confused/torn.

Love me some BeastMode:{)

Ruminator

Reaction score
This would be an easy yes vote had we not drafted so many intriguing RB prospects. It actually hurts to agree that no is probably the best vote. But because of all the sentimentalism for a very rare Beast Mode that no other personality or player will ever be able to replicate, and all the on-the-field memories he has produced, it's still tempting to vote yes. Especially if his recovery from last season's injury allows him to produce like it's 2013 and 2014 all over again.

Sealake80

Reaction score
Yes. The Beast has a place on the roster if he decides he wants it.

impacthawk

Reaction score
*If we have a mid to late season injury and we are making a playoff push, he would be a great addition to give the team a lift a just the right time. Other than that. NO!

ps. Could someone possibly make a Beastmode emogi?

NYCoug

Reaction score
Absolutely. Without question. Baldwin and Sherman have just recently stated what a huge loss it's going to be. If we can delay that loss for one more season, I'd be all for it. My fingers are crossed hoping that he does come back midway through the season for a late playoff push.

He'd be a great mentor for a back like Collins, who has a similar running style. A year of watching Lynch would be absolutely huge for him.

With Rawls still a question mark after his injury, and the other RB's on the roster being so unproven, I'd absolutely love it if Marshawn came back for one last ride. With Browner and Clem coming back, it'd only be right to get the band, errr the dawgs, back together.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Ruminator":37al8uhw said:
This would be an easy yes vote had we not drafted so many intriguing RB prospects. It actually hurts to agree that no is probably the best vote. But because of all the sentimentalism for a very rare Beast Mode that no other personality or player will ever be able to replicate, and all the on-the-field memories he has produced, it's still tempting to vote yes. Especially if his recovery from last season's injury allows him to produce like it's 2013 and 2014 all over again.

What?.....If Lynch thought he could produce at 2013 / 2014 levels, I don't think he would have even hinted at retirement.
I'm with Sutz on this...IF he wants to play for someone else, let the compensations begin.

Jville

Reaction score
Marshawn Lynch already passed the baton to Thomas Rawls. He has already left everything he had on the field. When Marshawn Lynch hit his career wall, he hit it hard.

I'm inclined to look for a similar pattern from Michael Bennett. The persistent contract noise right up to his final contract announcement is already in progress. And once Michael too has given everything he's got, he'll also hit his wall ..... hard.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I absolutley love Beastmode and the way he played the game as he was the opposite of the soft RB's of the Hawks past.
But....... Father Time and miles on the odometer caught up with him. I was hoping we would have (and we should have) won SB 49 then he could have gone out on top.

I say no to his return, time to pass the torch on to Rawls and the rookies, all while remembering that Beastmode is one of the main reasons the Hawks were Super Bowl champions.

dogorama

Reaction score
Would I want arguably the best RB in the NFL for the last few years to come back? Uh, duh, I dunno. I can't believe people on this board would prefer a group of unproven lightly-regarded rookies to the BEAST! And Rawls? He is nothing but a big question mark. If Marshawn was truly motivated I have no doubt he could have one more productive year.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
No way. What would be the point? The warrior has already given us everything he has, now he needs to rest his body and move into the next chapter of his life. We don't need the distractions nor our debating why his stats have declined. We have the ring, we have the memories...Nothing more is needed from the tired warrior.