What is your favorite Seahawks play of all time?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I was watching the NFL Network earlier today and they showed a play where Tampa Bay beat the Cowboys where Jameis Winston ran a naked bootleg to score the winning touchdown on the 2 or 3 yard line and I was like "YES!!"

I can't think of a better play in the NFL. I call it every time in those situations, but it's bewilderingly rare.

So it made me think, what is the best Seahawks play you have ever seen?

HawkGA

Reaction score
Skanski's game winner against the Chiefs has always been my favorite. Krieg avoiding the sack in a day when he's been sacked so many times and then fires the game winner. Awesome.

The Largent hit is a great storyline for the 2 plays it involved but that one Skanski is always my favorite.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Beastquake and The 'Tip are obvious choices.

My personal favorite has always been the Michael McCrary FG block that was pitched to Robert Blackmon November 4, 1996. Just very personal and special that I'll never forget that day and moment.

The head coach for Tennesee that day? Jeff **suckit** Fisher.

kearly

Reaction score
Beast Quake was the best. The Fail Mary was awesome for all the crying it caused. Romo Fingers was a surreal moment.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
While some of those listed already are higher on my list, I have to mention Romo sitting on the field crying. I still smile when I think about it.

Edit: Glad to see someone else mention it at the same time. So much laughter over the years re-watching it.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Favorite play is a toss up between the TD to Kearse in the 2014 NFCC to win it and the TD to Kearse in the 2013 NFCC on 4th down.

Defining moments in Seattle sports history.

Jville

Reaction score
HawkGA":35cpda3r said:
Skanski's game winner against the Chiefs has always been my favorite. Krieg avoiding the sack in a day when he's been sacked so many times and then fires the game winner. Awesome.

The Largent hit is a great storyline for the 2 plays it involved but that one Skanski is always my favorite.

That was a game they would not give up on ............................... [youtube]nAd1k-YV-as[/youtube]

KPA

Reaction score
Mine was the 1st play in Superb Owl 48. Not a true Seahawks play, but once that play was over all the butterflies I had disappeared and I know the game was ours.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Pie Romania":3635z7tl said:
While some of those listed already are higher on my list, I have to mention Romo sitting on the field crying. I still smile when I think about it.

Edit: Glad to see someone else mention it at the same time. So much laughter over the years re-watching it.

The Romo play holds a special place in my heart because for that game I had taken a good friend of mine to the game who was a Seahawks fan, but more of a Cowboys fan because he grew up in Texas (always gets a pass with me when you were born and raised a local fan of a team)...So the ultimate bragging rights came in that moment...He was light-heartedly taunting me "The 'Boys are gonna pull it out Breda!!" Then when the play happened...The look on his face while the rest of us 12's were high fiving...Man, I will never forget that moment.

[youtube]QVuQ5aw0HAQ[/youtube]

endzorn

Reaction score
This isn't my favorite play of all time, but I was sitting in a Hooters in Fayetteville, NC with a group of soldiers from Ft Bragg and all 10-12 of them were Oilers fans. I heard it from them the entire game and when this play happened I went berserk (drunk as hell) and pissed off more than a few of them. I can remember where I was sitting and I can remember the faces of almost every one of those Oilers fans.

[youtube]UruHrVjU4F0[/youtube]

pmedic920

Reaction score
My very first game at C-link, was the NFCCG against the 49ers.

It would have been an awesome experience even if we had lost, thank you Seahawk fans that were with me, but to see "the tip" live was the ultimate "fan experience".

There may be other plays that get very close for me but the whole thing added up to something close to Heavenly.

The walk back to the hotel with a couple of stops for drinks along the way.
dd18d75a18d02588cfc50fec974be12c.jpg

Can anybody name this crew?

I think seeing some of the plays happen "live" elevates them a little for me.

Sherman's INT vs Texans (lost his shoe) was freakin' amazing also. I got some very scary looks when that happened, so my head was on a swivel but the joy and emotion was crazy.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
pmedic920":5efxh07h said:
My very first game at C-link, was the NFCCG against the 49ers.

It would have been an awesome experience even if we had lost, thank you Seahawk fans that were with me, but to see "the tip" live was the ultimate "fan experience".

There may be other plays that get very close for me but the whole thing added up to something close to Heavenly.

The walk back to the hotel with a couple of stops for drinks along the way.
dd18d75a18d02588cfc50fec974be12c.jpg

Can anybody name this crew?

I think seeing some of the plays happen "live" elevates them a little for me.

Sherman's INT vs Texans (lost his shoe) was freakin' amazing also. I got some very scary looks when that happened, so my head was on a swivel but the joy and emotion was crazy.
BFS with the beard?
NYCoug on the far right?

That Sherm pick 6 is in my top 15 plays ever. I know what you mean about seeing plays live. I was at the Romo fumble game.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
endzorn":xsty3yi7 said:
This isn't my favorite play of all time, but I was sitting in a Hooters in Fayetteville, NC with a group of soldiers from Ft Bragg and all 10-12 of them were Oilers fans. I heard it from them the entire game and when this play happened I went berserk (drunk as hell) and pissed off more than a few of them. I can remember where I was sitting and I can remember the faces of almost every one of those Oilers fans.

[youtube]UruHrVjU4F0[/youtube]

That pitch to Blackmon was epic. Great play!