Best way to get tickets to game

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I am thinking about coming to Seattle from Boise to see a Regular season game. I would fly in and out same day and would be bringing my 8 year old son. We have gone to only one other home there when they beat Minnesota during regular season during our Super Bowl run. I figure if we go again this year we will win it again:)

My question what is the best way to get tickets?

We would probably go to the Falcons or Bills game because I think tickets would be cheaper and still not being too cold yet. Previous tickets I had won so they were free.

I would like to keep to a reputable dealer because this is a lot of money for me and I don't want to gamble with my money on some questionable dealer.

Thanks for any information.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
I used Stubhub and Ticket Exchange for several games last year and had no issues at all.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
No need to pay ticket exchange exorbitant fees for a early regular season game. Even StubHub is probably overpriced for these games. Go with any ticket broker that has a guarantee and you will be fine.

The only time I use ticket exchange is when I want a guarantee of a specific seat for a big game (front row at NFCCG for example), and a substitute location won't suffice. Even then it can be overkill depending on demand and what is available from other sellers.

All the major brokers will immediately replace your ticket with an equal or better one of there are issue with the one that you bought. As long as you don't have to sit in a specific section, this is the way to go. Technically, unlike Ticket Exchange, you are only guaranteed to get your money back, but practically you are guaranteed tickets to games that are in low demand.

I've been called a fear monger in the past for arguing in favor of Ticket Exchange for big games like NFCCG and SB. I notice the critical one(s) haven't had much to say since the XLIX debacle. Despite my support for Ticket Exchange for those games, I just can't see any reason to pay the extra for a game like this.

I typically atend two to three Seahawk games per year.

-bsd

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Plan a trip to Seattle when single game tickets go on sale.
It's in late July.
Tix will go on sale Monday. Get in line Sunday morning and they'll give you a bracelet about 5 pm so you can come back the next morning.
Make a party out of it. The more the merrier.
There are bars across the street.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
That is a stellar idea. Hope it happens to coincide with one of my trips to Seattle in late July.

mikeak

Reaction score
I use craigslist over and over again

I pay via PayPal and it is marked as a sales transaction

You buy within 90 days not longer out

Now PayPal guarantees your money

I don't buy unless they confirm that they have the tickets electronically.

They transfer tickets immediately so I can file a claim right away with PayPal if they dont

Never had an issue. I have had lots of "sellers" go quiet when they see my demands

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Bills is a monday night game. May want to consider an over night gig there.

RiverDog

Reaction score
mikeak":1estp31y said:
I use craigslist over and over again

I pay via PayPal and it is marked as a sales transaction

You buy within 90 days not longer out

Now PayPal guarantees your money

I don't buy unless they confirm that they have the tickets electronically.

They transfer tickets immediately so I can file a claim right away with PayPal if they dont

Never had an issue. I have had lots of "sellers" go quiet when they see my demands

Good advice about purchases on Craig's List. There are lots of scam artists that are lurking on that site.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
I checked ticketmaster a few weeks ago and there were still some tickets available at the "dynamic pricing". It seems since the team took some tickets back from the scalpers there appears to be tickets to be had, problem is the Seahawks organization is actually charging what the brokers were! This is the first year (as far as I know) that the team has made some tickets available early and then in the next month or so they will release some more tickets to the less popular games.