It's only OTA's but.......

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I love the observations Brock Huard provides here:

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/13112...-from-seahawks-ota-russell-wilson-in-command/

Wilson’s command. Huard recalled when, as a backup for the Colts, he watched in awe as Peyton Manning flawlessly worked through an offseason practice. He said Wilson was similarly in command on Tuesday as he didn’t miss a single throw during the 90-minute session. “In warmups, not a throw on the ground. Routes vs. air, not a throw on the ground. Seven-on-seven, not a throw on the ground. One-on-ones – he just did not miss one throw. Not even one.”

Browner’s energy. Huard described the energy of the team as “off the charts” and said it was particularly evident in cornerback Brandon Browner. Huard said Browner seems invigorated now that he’s back in Seattle after spending two seasons in less favorable working environments.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I was hoping Browner would be re-energized coming back here.

He had his weaknesses, but I'm not sure I've seen a better CB against screens, runs, and short throws than Browner. Playing him off of the LOS and keep the play in front of him is going to be sick.

That and I don't see a lot of TE's explosive enough to leave him behind.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Finally an answer to the TE seam routes. He won't get out muscled by any TE for sure.

HawkGA

Reaction score
So how are OTAs different from training camp? Pads?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":1qpny9v8 said:
I love the observations Brock Huard provides here:

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/13112...-from-seahawks-ota-russell-wilson-in-command/

Wilson’s command. Huard recalled when, as a backup for the Colts, he watched in awe as Peyton Manning flawlessly worked through an offseason practice. He said Wilson was similarly in command on Tuesday as he didn’t miss a single throw during the 90-minute session. “In warmups, not a throw on the ground. Routes vs. air, not a throw on the ground. Seven-on-seven, not a throw on the ground. One-on-ones – he just did not miss one throw. Not even one.”

Browner’s energy. Huard described the energy of the team as “off the charts” and said it was particularly evident in cornerback Brandon Browner. Huard said Browner seems invigorated now that he’s back in Seattle after spending two seasons in less favorable working environments.
5th year sir. You're about to see what it's like to see an elite level quarterback on your team. And and HoF lock barring injury. Joe Montana was incredible to watch and he doesn't hold a candle to Wilson's upper limit. It's all about the mental side for him now and I am convinced he'll handle it just fine.

If I'm Browner I'd consider myself lucky to be back and with an organization that loves you and created a position specifically taking advantage of your skillset. Win, win.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
jammerhawk":fk3kee1u said:
Finally an answer to the TE seam routes. He won't get out muscled by any TE for sure.
No he will just clutch, grab, and hold them.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":30wkd1od said:
jammerhawk":30wkd1od said:

I sure would love to have a job where I could do what my actual job is. Well played sir. Sorry you are so bored though. Seriously.

sutz

Reaction score
HawkGA":1kim7a6l said:
So how are OTAs different from training camp? Pads?
Mostly. No hitting, limited number of on-field reps, that kind of thing. Probably start informing some of the players on what's in store for this season as to the overall game plan for the year. Lot of familiarizing and classroom work I would imagine.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Hawks46":3uincu82 said:
I was hoping Browner would be re-energized coming back here.

He had his weaknesses, but I'm not sure I've seen a better CB against screens, runs, and short throws than Browner. Playing him off of the LOS and keep the play in front of him is going to be sick.

That and I don't see a lot of TE's explosive enough to leave him behind.

Kind of like this?

[vine]Ov3paAXq1bP[/vine]

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/735943785952071680[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/735943381348581377[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AaronQ13Fox/status/735942800903000065[/tweet]

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The first time Browner picks up an opposing player and body slams him - I am going to dance around the room screaming obscenities, (in a good way).

Even if it gets a flag.

It will mean he is back.

Browner is going to get some flags. But if he can enforce the football equivalent of the "no dunks allowed" rule? It will probably be worth it. Free passes up the middle won't be on the table anymore with Kam and Browner looking to take out their frustrations on the opposition.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1jzdz3wd said:
jammerhawk":1jzdz3wd said:

LOL, that however is better than what has happened in the past where the TE just runs free down the seam and isn't touched by anyone.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2h4m4dgz said:
Tech Worlds":2h4m4dgz said:
jammerhawk":2h4m4dgz said:

LOL, that however is better than what has happened in the past where the TE just runs free down the seam and isn't touched by anyone.
True, true.

OP
OP
Jazzhawk

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1sqoe66e said:
The first time Browner picks up an opposing player and body slams him - I am going to dance around the room screaming obscenities, (in a good way).

Even if it gets a flag.

It will mean he is back.

Browner is going to get some flags. But if he can enforce the football equivalent of the "no dunks allowed" rule? It will probably be worth it. Free passes up the middle won't be on the table anymore with Kam and Browner looking to take out their frustrations on the opposition.
Ya, I'm good with that too.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I absolutely disagree with the statement below and here is why:
Last season we lost at Cincinnati because we couldn't cover a TE down the middle. We lost against the Panthers, because we couldn't cover a TE down the middle. 2 additional wins during the season could have given us Home field advantage and probably a real chance at a SB.
Furthermore, BB has played against Gronk in training while in NE and knows the Pat's tendencies. To me, the BB move is a SB move. We are not doing the guy any favor. We are closing holes, that would prevent us from winning a SB.
I believe, this move is one of the most important moves in the offseason for any team.
BB alone can give us 2-3 more wins this season.
If I'm Browner I'd consider myself lucky to be back and with an organization that loves you and created a position specifically taking advantage of your skillset. Win, win.