ET at 66 in the top 100 this year.

Anthony!

Reaction score
vin.couve12":h8ohnqr9 said:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/seattle-seahawks/0ap3000000665066/Top-100-Players-of-2016-No-66-Earl-Thomas

HMm seems really low!

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Anthony!":23tuhtxe said:
vin.couve12":23tuhtxe said:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/seattle-seahawks/0ap3000000665066/Top-100-Players-of-2016-No-66-Earl-Thomas

HMm seems really low!
My guess is that we'll see a lot of Panthers and Broncos move up. That's just kind of how it works most of the time.

Ruminator

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1iwtn6nt said:
Earl seemed a little off his A game last season. He was still good, but something was different.

He was hurting all year from the 2014 season and playoffs, I believe. Can't hit like a Mack truck while nursing parts. I think he'll look more like his old self this 2016 season.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Even though getting bounced was a bummer last year, I think it'll help the guys physically. They've played a lot of extra games compared to other players after going to the SB two years straight.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Terrible ranking, but one of the better segments I've seen this show do on a Hawk. A lot of good stuff there.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Ruminator":9iothg73 said:
FlyingGreg":9iothg73 said:
Earl seemed a little off his A game last season. He was still good, but something was different.

He was hurting all year from the 2014 season and playoffs, I believe. Can't hit like a Mack truck while nursing parts. I think he'll look more like his old self this 2016 season.

He is way too small to try and hit like a mack truck, especially with the way he ducks his head, always makes me cringe. Make the nice form tackle. Let the Lb's and Kam hit like the truck.

NYCoug

Reaction score
All the talk is about Russell hitting the "classroom" with Pete and taking that next step that we always knew he was capable of taking, and would one day take. That day seems to be upon us...

However, perhaps we should be focusing on Earl Thomas and the role he is going to play on this team this upcoming season. With Browner's role changing, and with a new Sam, and Kam's role possibly changing a little bit, I honestly feel that Earl is about to have the greatest season of his life to this point, at any level, and about to become the undisputed overall leader of this team. Even Russell Wilson will defer to Earl's greatness.

Earl's about to play the best center field that Seattle's ever seen. Sorry Griffey, #29's about to play ET level defense, extraterrestrial, out of this world!

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Laughably low position for the best safety in the game.

Kudos to Honey Badger for calling it right though.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
I have a feeling we are going to see a motivated and rejuvenated ET this coming season.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Lack of big plays last year, especially the first half of the season. He was really, really good last year but without the highlight reel stuff. Until very late interceptions just werent coming the Seahawks way and you need those for these popularity contest type rankings.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I blame it on the Carey Williams experiment. He will bounce back big this year. Book it.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2y2fn7vv said:
I blame it on the Carey Williams experiment. He will bounce back big this year. Book it.

Absolutely more to this than people realize. He was out of position so often trying to cover Carey's lame ass that it really hurt his play. He still recovered quite often to make the breakup or tackle but those could have been possible INT's if he could/would have been in position. I remember that deep one down the middle that he broke up as a great example. He was clear over the top of CW who had got beat deep and came all the way back to the middle at the last second.

titan3131

Reaction score
Good. Having him drop like this will ignite a fire under him "As earl would say:
"ITS DRAGON TIME!!!!"
1ad691a6246b6f3243fe6cc524d53966

I wish we had drafted Mattheiu such a real guy and talented. loved teh last minute of this video, that Cam newton interception was amazing seeing it broken down like that.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Not surprised. It's funny the narrative of "how bad" or said better "how much we slipped" last year has made its way out there. I mean we lead the league in D for a 4th straight year. Diid we really slip? Or was 2013 just a once in a lifetime D

Basis4day

Reaction score
Vetamur":3fjlk1au said:
Lack of big plays last year, especially the first half of the season. He was really, really good last year but without the highlight reel stuff. Until very late interceptions just werent coming the Seahawks way and you need those for these popularity contest type rankings.

At the same time, his 5 interceptions match his career highs in 2010 and 2013. He only had one INT in 2014.

Basis4day

Reaction score
titan3131":3p1tywiw said:
Good. Having him drop like this will ignite a fire under him "As earl would say:
"ITS DRAGON TIME!!!!"
1ad691a6246b6f3243fe6cc524d53966

I wish we had drafted Mattheiu such a real guy and talented. loved teh last minute of this video, that Cam newton interception was amazing seeing it broken down like that.

It would have been nice to have Matthiue, but he was a big risk at the time.