Jimmy Graham catching passes

bigskydoc

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/735933360346791936[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/735933178121052160[/tweet]

sutz

Reaction score
Sounds good. I guess we'll see. I'd hate to rush him and have a relapse, of course, but that's the coaches' and trainers' jobs. They're usually a bit conservative on these matters, and we have the example of P-Rich last season, who was impressed back into service and suffering a hammie pull.

I have trust that Jimmie has pride and desire to prove himself, so I know he'll do the work.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
All reports say that he was running but none whether he's cutting yet (highly unlikely). That's a lot of man to change direction suddenly, but if he's building the strength in the knee now, I'll express some cautious optimism about his chances for September.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Luke Willson today said something along the lines that Graham is working hard with good attitude on his rehabbing.

The show also touched on how rehab is a struggle along the lines of patience to do the same boring thing everyday. And that players that don't tend to be serious about the work everyday don't recover as well and fall back.

So I think Graham is on track, I doubt he'll be ready by the Season without knowing the full extent of his injury but mid-season looks like he could be back full force.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Awesome news, which goes to reinforce the team's belief he'll be ready to go the regular season.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
"A few passes in warmups?" Honestly, that makes the thread title almost disingenuous.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1xyohc74 said:
"A few passes in warmups?" Honestly, that makes the thread title almost disingenuous.
The poster above you nailed it. Accept your glass half empty view is wrong and move on. From all indications he'll be back full strength and probably by week 8 or sooner. Remember Adrian Peterson? HGH is not fake and the NFL doesn't actually want to test for it in a serious manner just like the Olympics. Just too much money riding on it to get real about it.

chris98251

Reaction score
Fact that he is loosely running and catching passes on the field at all right now is huge considering the extremes we were talking about 3 months ago about being out for the season.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3h5a6b7k said:
Accept your glass half empty view is wrong and move on.
I hereby declare shenanigans on the requirement that the glass be half-full or half-empty and request that we all accept the truth: the glass is at 50% capacity.

Unbiased facts > opinions.

OP
OP
bigskydoc

bigskydoc

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1mrmqp70 said:
MizzouHawkGal":1mrmqp70 said:
I hereby declare shenanigans on the requirement that the glass be half-full or half-empty and request that we all accept the truth: the glass is at 50% capacity.

I refuse to accept this. Without a doubt the glass is entirely filled.

50% with liquid, 50% with gas.

OP
OP
bigskydoc

bigskydoc

Reaction score
hawknation2016":gzoeyn96 said:
There's a short clip of it on the official Seahawks site. Graham is shown jogging, not running, turning and jumping to catch the ball.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/05/26 ... s%E2%80%9D

Gramatically, this is a very confusing sentence.

Is he jogging, and turning and jumping to catch the ball, but not running, or is he jogging and catching the ball, but not running, jumping, or turning to catch the ball?

hawknation2016

Reaction score
bigskydoc":11e2dm4a said:
hawknation2016":11e2dm4a said:
There's a short clip of it on the official Seahawks site. Graham is shown jogging (not running), turning, and jumping to catch the ball.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/05/26 ... s%E2%80%9D

Gramatically, this is a very confusing sentence.

Is he jogging, and turning and jumping to catch the ball, but not running, or is he jogging and catching the ball, but not running, jumping, or turning to catch the ball?

Good point. Corrected above.

Hawks46

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2gli2joh said:
RolandDeschain":2gli2joh said:
MizzouHawkGal":2gli2joh said:

I refuse to accept this. Without a doubt the glass is entirely filled.

50% with liquid, 50% with gas.

/thread

This optimistic view with Graham actually out of a wheel chair and not crippled for life goes counter to what the majority of experts here on .Net proclaimed, therefor I'm having a hard time accepting that Graham isn't about to commit suicide due to his early forced retirement due to injury. I refuse to believe !

OP
OP
bigskydoc

bigskydoc

Reaction score
That is awesome and very optimistic news. If the tendon is able to withstand the strain of landing a jump at this point, even if it is just a casual jump, then he is much further ahead of where I thought he would be.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
bigskydoc":t4ezolio said:
That is awesome and very optimistic news. If the tendon is able to withstand the strain of landing a jump at this point, even if it is just a casual jump, then he is much further ahead of where I thought he would be.

It's not landing on the knee that concerns me. It is getting whacked in the knee when in an awkward position.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":13t636u9 said:
bigskydoc":13t636u9 said:

It's not landing on the knee that concerns me. It is getting whacked in the knee when in an awkward position.
You can never account for that scenario. So chill and relax, the man will be back and this team is going to get serious this year. Last year was an embarrassment yet we still almost put it altogether and the reason we're not going to do the same stuff we did for the last four years.

This isn't the Marshawn Lynch Show anymore. It's the Russell Wilson Show with a defense that's actually going to stop being so obviously basic. Change and twists are coming and in my opinion it's already been about 2 years late.

OP
OP
bigskydoc

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":zqe2lpct said:

You clearly do not understand patellar tendon tears or recovery from them