Video: Browner OTA Presser

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Ans: Yes! He makes the team.

He brings back the toughness the team had lost, knows the scheme and what is expected and is physical enough to be a combo CB/S. Pn'J see a distinct role for him on the team and he seems to be healthy again.

2_0_6

Reaction score
BB looks like he wanted to run through the podium and take out the reporters. If you didn't know who he was, after 30 seconds of watching that video you could tell he is an absolute badass.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Young pups. I like it because he seems to be in lockstep with the program, he knows his role and accepts it. Good deal.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I love how he starts to just walk off with "uh huh" and then remembers he's back in Seattle and adds "Good talking to you!"

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
He had some liabilities at CB2, but they seem pretty confident in the new position they're grooming him for. Inrigued to see what they have in store.

Jville

Reaction score
I wonder if Brandon's new position is anything like the Warrior position Eric Pinkins played while at San Diego State ........ playing inside covering a safety position which also guarded the slot receiver.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Two things are have been made public that are relevant to his production in NO.

1 - New Orleans, according to another former DC, was trying to emulate the Seahawk defense without the appropriate personnel. Adding 1 ex-Seahawk just made them think they could pull it off, it made it worse.

2 - Browner was playing last year while injured.

Add both of those 2 together and you have a reasonable expectation that Browner is much more likely to produce than his results last year indicate. Combine that with his production on both the Seahawks and the Pats? The chances he delivers increase accordingly.

There is not a guarantee that he reverts to form, but it is by no means a long shot.

I like the odds and the positive impact he is going to have on this defense.

(I wish he would quit rubbing it in the Saints' faces a bit, on the 'take the millions and run' story, but it is pretty clear he was encouraged to play hurt and then used as the whipping post because of it. I would be pissed too.)

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Despite coverage/penalty/injury issues on a bad Saint's defense, Browner led the league in tackles from the CB position last year. I know that's not a primary CB stat, but I think it speaks to Browner's ongoing ability as a football player.

He ain't done yet.

morgulon1

Reaction score
My favorite Seahawk..... he adds a certain focused anger to the defense and I think it will help the players already here.
Old and new.

Damn I love football.