2016 Seahawks Rookie Highlight Mix ᴴᴰ

HawkGA

Reaction score
Mojambo":13zjdzzm said:
Jesus. They weren't kidding about Lawler's hands.

Yep, that was pretty impressive. Wide Receiver competition is going to be really interesting.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I hope tre Madden does enough to stick around at fb. We could have Rawls, prosise, Collins and Madden in our backfield. Any other year, those three rookie rbs could have been drafted as starters. Would be a lot of talent and diversity in the backfield. I think this is the most excited I have been for a season ever. I think the o line is gonna be good, and we have added some potential superstars. Gohawks!!!!

12thman.garydrake

Reaction score
Collins and Lawlers look promising but i could find highlights of just about everyone and make them look excellent. They all looked good in that video to be honest. Go Seahawks!!!12

Overseasfan

Reaction score
They are just highlights but a couple of them just scream star. Kenny Lawler catches everything, a trustworthy third down target and a red zone threat is exactly what a receiver needs to be on our team. CJ Prosise is so fast it's not normal anymore, once he gets a hole to run through he's gone. Quinton Jefferson probably has the most impressive highlight tape of any DL. He's huge but at the same time lightning quick. QBs lay flat on their back before they even know what happened.

kearly

Reaction score
Good idea for a video. The songs were decent by highlight video standards.

Not surprising the Kenny Lawler would dominate the video. The guy might not even make the team, or he might end up being the next Baldwin/Kearse. It wouldn't shock me if Lawler ended being the best pick of the group in five years. It will be fun to find out.

Tre Madden looks really good whenever I watch him, so it was nice that he got some very impressive highlights in here. Hopefully he makes it as a Derrick Coleman type for now, and then gets converted to a Lendale White role down the road. Very talented player.

Not much to go off of but Brooks looks more natural as a hybrid WR to me. He's talented though I hope he makes the PS.

No blocking highlights for Vannett? I get it, blocks aren't usually on highlight vids for TEs, but he was drafted for his blocking.

He's one of my favorite additions, but the Boykins highlights didn't seem very flattering IMO. He won't run away from NFL defenses with his 4.7 forty.

Procise still feels like a KR playing RB and even these highlights seemed to hammer that home.

The DTs all looked good here. Quinton Jefferson's Rey Mysterio Jr. TFL was my favorite highlight on the video.

My favorite time of the entire year is the preseason because so often players will immediately look different vs. preseason competition than they did against college competition. Everything we think we know about these players could be outdated information by the third preseason game. It's fun to discover the players who step up.

bighawk

Reaction score
Ifedi I believe can have a Zach martin type impact his first year. This guy is huge 6'6 330. He will overpower interior guys with his strength and long arms. I am excited for him. Reed in my opinion is an upgrade over Mebane. He will only get stronger and his technique is already outstanding. We struck gold in this draft.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
You all need to just quit with all the optimism. I can't stand it any more.

Go Hawks, 2016!

mort

Reaction score
always compete - nice to see the the young 'uns tear it up in collegiate space. We shall see.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I think there is a lot of reason for optimism.

This was a really good/deep haul of prospects. Not day 1 prospects. But our depth really got a huge boost.

We won't be having a bunch of DuJuan Harris' and Bryce Brown's on the roster. I would not be surprised if the real competition that we see immediately in this draft isn't in the 2nd/3rd string area. A lot of guys added in 2014/15 who have been languishing on the depth chart and not taking that first step are really in peril for their jobs.

At LB:

Coyle/KPL/Pinkins/Morgan are in a real fight with Longa/Overton/Perkins. Even though the latter two are listed at DE. There is volatility there. Morgan has first dibs. But all four of those vets have to improve or they are at risk.

At RB:

Already gone are Harris, Brown, Jackson and Tukuafu. Michael is going to have to build on his 2015. I don't think we keep him if he falls behind Procise and Collins. Club control and variety of unique styles probably means our 4th string RB offers something different and definitely offers ST value (Michael doesn't).

At QB:

Jackson not here. Boykin added.

OL:

Sokoli sounds like he's going to make the 53 again. Pericak and Schwenke need to take the next steps. Sowell needs to be solid. Lewis will get pushed. Poole needs to be available and be improved. Those 5 vets I'd put in danger. Odhiambo, Hunt and Maiava are lurking. It's possible all three are retained on roster/PS.

DT:

Francis and Mebane out. Reed and Jefferson in.

S:

Terrell and Powell will duke it out. Should be close.

TE:

Vannett very likely takes Helfet's spot. Helfet becomes the 4th guy and likely released when Graham is activated.

WR:

Smith and Williams need to make strides to fend off Lawler.

CB:

Very deep. Added Elliot who is a prospect who could stick in most years. Will push the bottom of the depth chart for PS space (Farmer, Jean-Baptiste, Reed). Although in reality those three push Tye Smith and Marcus Burley too. So even the 5th/6th corner spots are being pushed. A lot of competition at this group. As evidenced by our stashing Seisay on IR already who likewise was part of that 5th through 8th competition.

I could see as many as 8 of these newcomers making the roster and upwards of 12 of them in the roster/PS. That's a lot of new contributors who are for the most part replacing depth players who have generally failed to take the next step.

Plenty to be optimistic about with this class. Some starters. But a whole ton of guys looking to eliminate some of the emergency street free agent depth we had to dress last year as well as likely pruning some of the prospects who haven't shown they'll develop.

I kind of see it as us replacing the "Chris Gray's" of the 2nd/3rd stringers. The guys that we always want to replace on the depth chart but just seem to always stick on the cutdown to 53.

kearly

Reaction score
Largent80":3nt3nftt said:
Pretty excited to see these guys in action. Gonna be some tough cuts this summer.

file.php

This is amazing.