Brandon Browner took 'millions and ran with it'

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Brandon Browner has completed his lengthy transition to heel in the eyes of New Orleans Saints fans.

After posting a picture of himself and fellow Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman on Instagram over the weekend, Browner got into it with fans in the murky waters of the comments section -- not typically a viable solution to anyone's problems

29bznep

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... an-with-it

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
He belongs here and should be a safety. Don't be mad that Seattle convinced him of his true path New Orleans.

@Hawk Nation, your avatar is off the chain. That dog is beautiful.

endzorn

Reaction score
Can you imagine the eruption on this board if someone said the same thing about Seattle? I'm laughing thinking about it.

2_0_6

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2ldz52oc said:
He belongs here and should be a safety. Don't be mad that Seattle convinced him of his true path New Orleans.

@Hawk Nation, your avatar is off the chain. That dog is beautiful.

Haha thanks.. That's my big guy Zeus (Rott-Doby).

Ruminator

Reaction score
I think anything connected to Seahawks has to be particularly frustrating to Saints fans these days.

Knocked them out of the playoffs twice.
Helped ourselves to Jimmy Graham.
Welcomed back Browner who vastly underperformed last season albeit trying to recover from an injury.

Anything else?

El Caliente

Reaction score
As a Saints fan, i'm not mad. He was coaxed into making a stupid comment by a troll. He has also said favorable things about his time here in New Orleans, so who cares. He is gone now. I wonder if he has anything left in his tank to be honest with you. There were times last year where he must have been injured, and our injuries must have been too much to let him sit, because he was performing like somebody who had just walked onto the field from the stands.

Ruminator, fear not, we don't hold anything against you guys. Nobody down here remembers the Seahawks beating us in the playoffs, we are better off without Jimmy, and Browner was a dud.

TAB420

Reaction score
El Caliente":20wtpdu1 said:
As a Saints fan, i'm not mad. He was coaxed into making a stupid comment by a troll. He has also said favorable things about his time here in New Orleans, so who cares. He is gone now. I wonder if he has anything left in his tank to be honest with you. There were times last year where he must have been injured, and our injuries must have been too much to let him sit, because he was performing like somebody who had just walked onto the field from the stands.

Ruminator, fear not, we don't hold anything against you guys. Nobody down here remembers the Seahawks beating us in the playoffs, we are better off without Jimmy, and Browner was a dud.

I find that hard to believe. You only lose one playoff game a year, and since the Saints won the SB they have only been to the playoffs three times. Seattle bumped them off two of those three times, and one involved one of the biggest run plays in NFL history. I think they remember.

El Caliente

Reaction score
TAB420":3ofvhluc said:
El Caliente":3ofvhluc said:

I find that hard to believe. You only lose one playoff game a year, and since the Saints won the SB they have only been to the playoffs three times. Seattle bumped them off two of those three times, and one involved one of the biggest run plays in NFL history. I think they remember.

Man, we got so many problems right now, do you honestly think we are thinking about a playoff game 3 or 6 years ago? Come on man!

Funny enough, there was a thread on saintsreport.com a few weeks back about the most memorable loss any poster could remember, nobody mentioned either of those games. The loss to the Eagles back in the 1992 playoffs, and the loss to the 49ers in the wild card game in 2011 were brought up, but surprisingly neither Seahawk game was brought up.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
El Caliente":2fc0i6np said:
TAB420":2fc0i6np said:
El Caliente":2fc0i6np said:

Man, we got so many problems right now, do you honestly think we are thinking about a playoff game 3 or 6 years ago? Come on man!

Funny enough, there was a thread on saintsreport.com a few weeks back about the most memorable loss any poster could remember, nobody mentioned either of those games. The loss to the Eagles back in the 1992 playoffs, and the loss to the 49ers in the wild card game in 2011 were brought up, but surprisingly neither Seahawk game was brought up.

Which, if you read between the lines, and are being honest, says a lot. I would hate to even think about that game if I were a Saints fan.

El Caliente

Reaction score
hgwellz12":2ueuxe17 said:
El Caliente":2ueuxe17 said:
TAB420":2ueuxe17 said:
El Caliente":2ueuxe17 said:

Which, if you read between the lines, and are being honest, says a lot. I would hate to even think about that game if I were a Saints fan.

No doubt it hurt, but not as much as the 49er game. That Saints team was probably better than the 09 team, and we lost by letting Alex Smith scramble for a td.

The Beast mode run in 10 was bad, but then again, we were going into Seattle starting a rb we signed the week prior, and that defense was beyond suspect. It stunk, but hey, we had suffered worse playoff losses than that.

mikeak

Reaction score
Browner will have made about 58% of his total career earnings from the one year in New Orleans. I think he should remain respective to the community.... I get that he may be annoyed playing through injuries and issues with how to play defense but when you can base so much of your retirement money on what you received from one team for one year then you are better off just being quiet.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seah ... -earnings/

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
What I find somewhat hilarious is the mindset on the Saints board that if Browner succeeds in Seattle it's because our defensive backs are allowed to hold on every play and no other team in the league gets such preferential treatment from the refs.

Such crybabies over there.

El Caliente

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1otvnaq8 said:
What I find somewhat hilarious is the mindset on the Saints board that if Browner succeeds in Seattle it's because our defensive backs are allowed to hold on every play and no other team in the league gets such preferential treatment from the refs.

A good bit of that theory has to do with this article

Seattle's Defense Relies On a Brazen Tactic: Rampant Interference

On Saturday, the New Orleans Saints take their flashy passing offense up to dreaded Seattle. We wish them the best of luck with that.

The Seattle Seahawks—the favorites to make the Super Bowl out of the NFC—employ an exasperating defensive game plan: They blitz rarely and drop an army of defenders into pass coverage. And those defenders mug, obstruct and foul opposing receivers on practically every play.

Quietly, the Seahawks have achieved a 13-3 record and home-field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs by exploiting a loophole: NFL referees are reluctant to throw endless flags for pass interference and defensive holding, even if defenses deserve them.

"They look at it and say, 'We may get called for one but not 10,'" said Mike Pereira, a former NFL vice president of officiating who is now a Fox analyst.

League insiders say this divisional-round matchup between the Seahawks and Saints, the NFC's top passing offense, may be Seattle's rule-bending masterpiece.

"They just seem to not care about the rules," said New York Giants wide receiver Louis Murphy, whose team was routed 23-0 by Seattle this season.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB100014240 ... 0005285822

hawknation2016

Reaction score
El Caliente":338y60dv said:
onanygivensunday":338y60dv said:

On Saturday, the New Orleans Saints take their flashy passing offense up to dreaded Seattle. We wish them the best of luck with that.

The Seattle Seahawks—the favorites to make the Super Bowl out of the NFC—employ an exasperating defensive game plan: They blitz rarely and drop an army of defenders into pass coverage. And those defenders mug, obstruct and foul opposing receivers on practically every play.

Quietly, the Seahawks have achieved a 13-3 record and home-field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs by exploiting a loophole: NFL referees are reluctant to throw endless flags for pass interference and defensive holding, even if defenses deserve them.

"They look at it and say, 'We may get called for one but not 10,'" said Mike Pereira, a former NFL vice president of officiating who is now a Fox analyst.

League insiders say this divisional-round matchup between the Seahawks and Saints, the NFC's top passing offense, may be Seattle's rule-bending masterpiece.

"They just seem to not care about the rules," said New York Giants wide receiver Louis Murphy, whose team was routed 23-0 by Seattle this season.

]

Mike Pereira is totally devoid of objectivity or common sense. It's incredible that people continue to pay for his opinions.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Seattle's DBs hand fight with the WRs, which the refs allow.

They seldom hold and/or run into the WR without turning back to look for the ball.

Other teams should take note and follow their lead.

Laloosh

Reaction score
El Caliente":2wx1cqfs said:
onanygivensunday":2wx1cqfs said:

The funny thing about all this crap is that in 2014 and 2015 Seattle's defensive holding and pass interference numbers dropped significantly compared to the rest of the league after the emphasis was added on DH and OPI.

Everybody whined and when they got what they wanted, it hurt them instead of the team that knew how to play in the secondary.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/passing-pen ... ?year=2013
http://www.nflpenalties.com/passing-pen ... ?year=2014
http://www.nflpenalties.com/passing-pen ... ?year=2015

Clearly Seattle relies on holding and interfering :179422:

Largent80

Reaction score
El Caliente":2mu5o6pd said:

You will get to see us (even me in person) this year. Duds and all..... :lol:

El Caliente

Reaction score
Largent80":1v7owl7a said:
El Caliente":1v7owl7a said:

You will get to see us (even me in person) this year. Duds and all..... :lol:

You have my word, if you come down here I will take you out for drinks. PM me and lets do the thing.

But you have to bring Jeff Goldblum.