Marshawn Lynch "I'm Retired. Is that good enough? I'm Done."

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
Thank goodness. He had a great career, but he had nothing left in the tank last year.

OP
OP
bigskydoc

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I've been saying for several years now, that if a media member wants to get a real interview with Lynch, they need to talk to him about real stuff that he cares about, not the B.S. fluff trying to trap him into a sound bite that he will see coming a mile away.

Ask him about Oakland and his foundation and he will open up to you.

Looks like somebody finally figured that out

BadgerVid

Reaction score
Happy for him. As a fan of the game, I just can't be happy about it overall.

chris98251

Reaction score
ludakrishna":9hgh0zcm said:
About time. Now just waiting for the jersey to go on sale....

It already has, many places it was 40 percent off.

peppersjap

Reaction score
So glad he did this and also glad he is going out with something left in the tank. I hate it when they stick around too long. I have no doubt Marshawn could put up another 1,000 yard season but it was obvious last year he was not the best fit for this team anymore, Rawls was a way better fit. Now hopefully Rawls comes back healthy. I would have hated to see one of the young running backs cut for one more hang on year of Beast Mode. Marshawn will always be one of my favorite Seahawks and in my opinion the best running back we have ever had!

OP
OP
bigskydoc

bigskydoc

Reaction score
As much as I hate to say it, while Rawls looked great last season, I honestly think we are building a team that allows for a plug and play RB going forward. It won't matter if other teams cherry pick our back in FA because we will just plug in another and keep chugging along.

It won't really matter who we have back there anymore, he will have success. Defenses are going to start keying in on our passing game which will leave an open field for our running game (RB and QB).

Not that we are going away from Pete Carroll's bread and butter ball control, clock control offense. I just see the threat of the passing game keeping defenses off balance enough that they can't stack the box on every 1st and 2nd down like they did when Lynch was in his prime, and if they do, I see Carroll/ Bevell allowing Wilson to audible out of the run this year.

While I am highly critical of Bevell's (perhaps Carroll's) situational awareness and individual play calling at times, I can't deny that they have done a masterful job of methodically developing Wilson into an NFL QB, assisted by Schneider who has managed a roster cushion that allowed for his development. I think they have had a specific plan laid out, and they have stuck to it. I was happy to see that Carroll is working with him this offseason on seeing offenses the way that NFL defenses do. I really thought that part of Wilson's game was lacking and was holding him back in being able to run the offense when under center.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1nprcais said:
ludakrishna":1nprcais said:
About time. Now just waiting for the jersey to go on sale....

It already has, many places it was 40 percent off.
Showing my Lynch fan support, my first purchase is going to be from the BEASTMODE store....The Wolf Gray #24 jersey will be my second.