Cowabunga

vin.couve12

Reaction score
The true 4-3 Mike position is one of the most difficult in all of football. A real Mike is responsible for both gap and flow. It's unlike any other in the run department. The truly elite ones have the speed and explosiveness to get 20-30 yards deep in coverage and if you can get 40-50, as we've seen, you have a genuine prototype. A player that is truly "scheme diverse" in that they can play the position in any formation and play multiple positions.

[youtube]p9NEYkx63aY[/youtube]

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
This play was always overshadowed by the loss, but it's a textbook illustration of the overall ability required to make the play. He engages a guard, sheds violently, hits with the shoulder, wraps with the abnormally long arms, and plants. The requirements for this play are just kind of silly.

[youtube]AY-MxU8TzK8[/youtube]

kearly

Reaction score
Hopefully he can stay healthy. The decision to rush Kuechly back from injury and Seattle's decision to rest Wagner very likely was the difference when Carolina and Seattle met during the regular season. When Wagner is out, the defense isn't the same.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I thought it was kind of ironic how they showed how after the fumble recovery TD against Cinci, he didn't want the celebration. He played with an injury since that game. Not unlike how a good portion of the back 7 of the defense played injured all year. Health wise, it just wasn't a good year. Basically none of the player complained though.

EDIT: I meant when he came back.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
'Nother one. This one slightly different than the previous.

My guess is that he's on next week's top 100.

[youtube]_XZ0FEJPDW8[/youtube]

jlwaters1

Reaction score
He's a really good player, I think he needs to take another step forward to become elite. He's clearly not on Kuechly's level as much as it pains me to say it. He needs to have more impact plays. Last year he was pretty quite, despite having a solid year. I'd like to see Wagner and Wright come up with more impact plays.