Seahawks’ Doug Baldwin says Tyler Lockett is ‘taking his

ivotuk

Reaction score

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Lockett is the real deal and will be a top receiver in this league real soon. The kid is special.

djb28

Reaction score
He will become the number One receiver in the league.

Then we will lose him.

Djphinfan

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":36u8k6sy said:
Lockett is the real deal and will be a top receiver in this league real soon. The kid is special.

agreed, I think you may have a close to antonio brown style of player..

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Djphinfan":ms5c5i0u said:
Seahwkgal":ms5c5i0u said:

agreed, I think you may have a close to antonio brown style of player..
Close enough at least. I watched every game he played with Kansas State 2 years ago and he was their entire offense. While working with terrible quarterbacks and still produced at the highest level even though everyone, and I mean anyone watching a Kansas State game knew what was coming and he still could not be stopped. Very similar to Russell Wilson in 2011 in fact. Personally I think those two are going to be Brady/Welker, Unitas/ Raymond Berry level type of team. Two guys one brain.

Crizilla

Reaction score
djb28":1ixma3w1 said:

Then we will lose him.

no

we learned our lesson by letting Tate go. Unless Russ really wanted him gone because of the whole gf thing

jammerhawk

Reaction score
djb28":2gk6kbf4 said:

Then we will lose him.

Wow, what totally unfounded negativity! A Chicken Little post.

Eyore has nothing on you. Still have the player for 3 more years under his rookie contract. As well he could be franchised. Besides the team would want to keep him here and the FO is good at keeping the guys they want to keep.

Life is happier if you try not to find negativity in good things.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
A couple days ago The Ringer had a good piece on why fans should tune out everything that coaches and players say in the months of June and July.

As for Lockett, I think at this point nobody can argue that he's a special player as a returner. One problem for him is that he has come into the league at a point at which the NFL is doing everything it can to denude the importance of kick returners.

As a receiver, I really like the tools he has shown, but it's hard to predict if he can make the next jump. Was he just one of the beneficiaries of Wilson almost literally playing on fire for the second half of the regular season last year, or was that predictive of things to come?

We're talking about a stretch in which Doug Balwin also had 11 TDs in six weeks, which he'll never, ever do again, and Wilson threw for 24 TDs in 7 weeks, which he is very unlikely to ever do again.

Basically, watching him, I think Lockett has the tools to possibly make the jump, but I'd hold off on actuallly predicting it.

All that said, so far in his career I think that the people who thought the Hawks gave up too much draft capital for Lockett have been proven wrong.

EDIT: Found it.

How to be a Smart Football Fan in June: https://theringer.com/nfl-minicamps-off ... .flsia05lg

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
He will make Percy Harvin look like a very average chump, and do it without punching anyone or being a drama queen.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^ :lol:

Yeah, basically already accomplished that one in a single year in the league.

Kinda crazy when you put it that way, though, as to get what they originally wanted from Percy Harvin (in Tyler Lockett + the Percy mistake) cost them:

1) 30 million on the cap over 2.5 years plus Lockett's rookie deal

2) Basically one full draft class worth of picks: 1st round, two 3rd round, 4th round, 5th round, 6th round, and two 7th round picks over a few years.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
ivotuk":2nmrq0mz said:
He will make Percy Harvin look like a very average chump, and do it without punching anyone or being a drama queen.

Percy Harvin already is a vey average chump. He had a few good years in Minnesota, but I think his potential far outweighed what he accomplished on the field, certainly in Seattle, New York and Buffalo.

I am so glad we have Lockett. I loved him at K State, and I knew he would be special.

Smellyman

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":lp4fo036 said:
He's not wired that way. If we treat him fairly he will stay. He's a man not a punk boy.

Of course if it is fair, but if someone overpays or Hawks underpay, he's gone. Like every player in the league.