*UPDATE* Are you a Dish Satellite subscriber?

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
If so, now might be the time to change providers.

Two popular TV stations — including the one that airs many Seattle Seahawks and Seattle Sounders games along with Major League Baseball — can’t be seen anymore by Dish subscribers.

On Sunday evening, June 12, Dish cut off access to Q13 Fox and Joe TV to its customers in the greater Seattle area, including in Whatcom County.

Read more here: http://www.bellinghamherald.com/news/lo ... ylink=cpy/

**UPDATE**

Looks like the cuts continue..

The NFL has announced the Dish Network dropped NFLN and NFL RedZone at 7:00 p.m. ET on Thursday.

“This represents the first time in NFL Network’s 13-year history that one of its service providers has not continued to offer the network to its subscribers,” the league declares in the statement announcing the development. Dish Network would likely say that this represents one of the rare instances where someone has said to the NFL, “We’re not paying what you want.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... l-redzone/

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
That's what the local stations want you to do. But isn't it Dish that is trying to negotiate a lower rate for themselves, ergo you the customer? How do you know that whatever provider you switch to isn't going to have a temporary squabble with some other station? Local stations play the sympathy card whenever this happens, but in the end these deals get settled.

OP
OP
Mistashoesta

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":18kpc7zk said:
That's what the local stations want you to do. But isn't it Dish that is trying to negotiate a lower rate for themselves, ergo you the customer? How do you know that whatever provider you switch to isn't going to have a temporary squabble with some other station? Local stations play the sympathy card whenever this happens, but in the end these deals get settled.

Yes they do in the end get settled, eventually. Now whether that is before the season begins or midway through it, is an entirely different question. Hopefully it's not the latter.

LargentFan

Reaction score
This happened with Fox a few years ago in eastern washington. When the contract was up, Directv wanted to negotiate a new contract without interrupting service. The fox affiliate wanted a 400% increase in what Directv paid. When Directv refused, the fox affiliate cut off fox to the subscribers in their area. This was meant to anger the customers and put pressure on Directv. Many people switched to Dish Network when this happened. Right about the time Directv got Fox back, Dish Network went through the exact same issue. Those people who switched got hit twice. I work for Drivect, so I hope you change, but if you enjoy Dish's product, switching may not be in your best interest long term.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I'll go ahead and leave this topic here for now. But let's try to fill it pertinent information. Good job so far by the way, and yet another representation of why "there is no substitute" for .NET

12thbrah

Reaction score
Dish is cheap but you should be able to still get Q13 fox if you get your own antenna.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I might be the only person alive who has never had an issue with Comcast.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Basis4day":1ec9q3ni said:

You just might be.
They have us in a camel-clutch, but, our condo doesn't have an Eastern facing view so it's either no TV or Comcast. I tried option 1 for a year, but trying to stream fights/games become more of a hassle than it was worth.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
I am sitting here with DIRECTV waiting for them to make a deal with the PAC12- which will never happen

M.M.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Basis4day":trse5ys8 said:
My only real gripe with Comcast was the monthly bill.

Going to DirecTV and keeping Comcast internet saved me about $80/month.

And I signed up for DirecTV with Costco so I got a written guarantee that my DirecTV bill would never increase unless I added services.... a very nice perk.

JPatera76

Reaction score
When i live in Spokane I never had an issue with Comcast. When i move to Coeur D'Alene, I've had nothing but issues with Timwarner, and sadly they have like all of northern Idaho monopolized so i can't go back to Comcast. Anytime in the past I used to call but.. Their service dept is all to eager to make sales.

Ive called them for small issues and the next month I'll get my bill and notice price differences. Well thankfully there's a place here i can directly go in and speak to someone. They'll pull up my account and notice the service people i called changed my package to something else so they got a "sale". So now I just go in.

As for dish and direct, and the channel things. I had Direct when that was going on, went and bought an antenna, got tired of switching inputs for fox and just swapped to Comcast. I hate that it happens, especially as football season gets closer.. And its during the summertime it probably imo get resolved too soon for the simple fact its summer the big wigs will be enjoying themselves and the sun.

ChiefHawk

Reaction score
If Q13 doesn't come back, I'll just drop Dish and not replace it. OTA HD Antenna, and be done.

Discovery and History both blow with crap shows now, so no real reason to keep it aside from AMC and Comedy.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
While DISH works to reach an agreement, the company is offering "over-the-air" antennas at no cost so that customers in affected markets can watch Tribune's local broadcast channels for free. DISH customers must call 1-800-333-3474 to confirm market eligibility and system compatibility.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Marlin Man":28zz8bm5 said:
I am sitting here with DIRECTV waiting for them to make a deal with the PAC12- which will never happen

M.M.
One of the reasons I'm switching to Comcast soon. Comcast's customer no service is brutal, but I'll get a 2 year price lock so after that time may have to switch back to Direc. In the meantime I will finally get Pac-12. Plus I'm pissed at Direc as they have found a way to get my bill up to $125/mo without me adding a single thing. They've done stuff like remove my $10 a month discount for using auto bill pay and that sort of thing. I can get TV and internet from Crapcast for around what I'm paying for just TV with Direc (for 2 years). Paying Crapcast another nearly $70 a month for internet right now so I'll drop from almost $200/mo to around $125 for both.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
I switched from DTV to Dish about 2 months ago. I save about $30 a month. Get the PAC12 network. Plus free HD. I got a 3 year price lock as well.

As far as no Tribune. I doubt it will last that long. Seldom does.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":1goiettv said:
I don't really have 'issues' with them, except for the damned cost.

A

Anonymous

Basis4day":ivgx8agz said:

Kinda...

There are two of us, but I use them only for the blisteringly-fast internet.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Dish Anywhere makes Dish the best. I can watch anything, live or recorded, directly remoted into my DVR on all my devices (while watching something else on the tv). It's like having a T.V. in every room (in the world). Plus, they make adding and dropping channels easy online, whereas Comcast intentionally makes downgrading a pain in the ass.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
hgwellz12":1klkhe8b said:
The day 'a la cart' programming is available will be a glorious event. Not expecting that any time soon tho, so it's 2 or 3 less trips to Melrose for delicious ribeyes per month.

No kidding; I could do without 50 Spanish-speaking channels, 25 shopping channels, 30 kids' channels, etc., etc.,etc...