Best NFL offensive triplets ranked.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
With Wilson, Rawls and Baldwin, I fail to see how we win more than 5 games.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Not his best work. Looking at some of the groups he likes more, I'm actually a little amused.

McGruff

Reaction score
In fairness, Baldwin is considered by most to be a one year wonder and a "slot receiver."

Rawls is a 2nd year player coming off an injury.

Wilson is the only guy with a proven track record of elite play. I think that changes a lot after this season.

OP
OP
Smellyman

Smellyman

Reaction score
McGruff":3hzl8ued said:
In fairness, Baldwin is considered by most to be a one year wonder and a "slot receiver."

Rawls is a 2nd year player coming off an injury.

Wilson is the only guy with a proven track record of elite play. I think that changes a lot after this season.

You would have to be VERY VERY fair to take MOST of those trios ahead of Wilson/Baldwin/Rawls. Strked that, you'd have to be not right in the head.

Polk738

Reaction score
How can he put someone like Ezekiel Elliott that far up for the Cowboys that hasn't played one snap yet?

2_0_6

Reaction score
Cowboys ranked that high with a Glass Qb, unproven rookie RB, and a WR who needs crazy pills?
Broncos that high with Sanchez at the helm?

Insane.

HansGruber

Reaction score
The Broncos are going to butt-fumble their way to greatness. Just you watch and see!

Ah, if only BroncoSpurt was here to set you straight. That dude knew what he was talking about, especially when it came to women.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Barnwell is pretty universally regarded as the best writer covering the NFL these days, and deservedly so, IMO.

Also, FWIW, I've never seen him be as effusive in his praise of a player as he was of Wilson for his second half of the regular season last year.

All to say that I too was surprised to see how low the Hawks were, but I think Barnwell has more than earned the right to have surprising opinions, and to be give second thought to the surprising ones he has.

Wilson's obviously the money shot of the trio, but maybe Barnwell isn't just thin-slicing the second half of last year and is including the first half of last year and the playoffs. Maybe Wilson is then for him right now a top 5-10 guy and not a top 1-5 guy.

In Rawls he sees a guy who had four huge games last year, but still isn't back from a season ending injury. Is he the next Marshawn Lynch or the next Peyton Hillis?

Baldwin is a guy who has been pretty steadily average across five years, save for an explosion of 11 tds in six weeks which even if he becomes All World in his sixth season he'll never repeat again.

Does that drop this trio all the way down to 23? I really don't know. I think I would have had them higher, but not probably as high as Hawks fans would want. 23 seems a hair low to me, but it's worth considering, and I can at least make the argument for why it's not blashepmous even if I'm not entirely convinced it's a great one. .

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Colts that high with Frank Gore at RB and an average receiver in TY Hilton. Luck can carry those 2 to that ranking but Wilson cant carry Rawls and Baldwin that high?

I was fully expecting to read the article and not think the Seahawks were to low. But after seeing some of the trios ahead of them I changed my mind. No trio with Sanchez at QB should be in the top 30, and no trio with Bridgewater at QB should be ahead of one with Wilson.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Saw this list earlier, it would be insulting if it wasn't so funny

Chargers at 14 with Rivers, Melvin Gordon and Keenan Allen

Keenan Allen better player (in my opinion) and its not a big gap between him and Baldwin.

OP
OP
Smellyman

Smellyman

Reaction score
There's at least a dozen trios ahead that any GM sould trade for Wilson/Rawls/Baldwin or Wilson/Baldwin/Lockett in a heartbeat.

Probably closer to all but the top 3. #5 was Palmer, Fizgerald and Brown. Who would you rather have?

I'd take the Wilson trio over the #4 ranked Carolina trio too.

#3 Rodgers is great but Cobb and Nelson don't do much for me. Rather have Baldwin and Lockett over those two.

Laloosh

Reaction score
When the author uses language like, "Rawls lead the league in Y/A and had the highest success rate among RBs but..." or in effect, say that, "Baldwin led WRs in TDs but...", there's an agenda.

Alternatively when he talks about IND, you get "Here's where it's important to look past last year. " and "But it's unlikely that the talent of young players like Luck and Hilton has suddenly disappeared."

Bullshit.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Gotta remember these writers have deadlines that they have to get an article on the editors desk. Sometimes they get desperate and submit some "weak sauce". This is an example of "weak sauce". No credibility IMO.