Which Sherman do you prefer?

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Personally I loved the young, boisterous, over the top, "Straight outta Compton", in your face, gonna take your best and shut you down Sherman! His personality has quieted as he's grown older and his game is still excellent but................

LargentFan

Reaction score
The one that makes the plays.
We have learned what kind of man Sherman is off the field. Hard worker. Giving. Basically a model for others to follow. On the field, I do not care how he talks or acts. He can be loud or quiet. Make the plays. That's all I care about.
I do enjoy seeing him demoralize the opponent though.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
As most fans will say, I want the Sherman who makes plays. Preferably I'd like him to make plays with his mouth shut, but if him talking trash goes hand in hand with making plays. Then so be it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
LargentFan":3umvm0dt said:
The one that makes the plays.
We have learned what kind of man Sherman is off the field. Hard worker. Giving. Basically a model for others to follow. On the field, I do not care how he talks or acts. He can be loud or quiet. Make the plays. That's all I care about.
I do enjoy seeing him demoralize the opponent though.

"They're about to try me.. I'm going to capitalize."

One of my favorite sound bites of his. Not boisterous or over the top. Just calmly telling his teammates that he's read the 9ers and he's got it.

The other stuff is just antics. For me, that quick quote on the sideline late in the NFC Championship game is Sherman.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I watched the Erin Andrews interview recently for the first time in a while and I was just laughing my ass off all over again. Great stuff. I do miss that Richard Sherman. However, I can see how multi-millions plus fatherhood will take the edge off a bit.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
ZagHawk":cm0fzr7n said:
As most fans will say, I want the Sherman who makes plays. Preferably I'd like him to make plays with his mouth shut, but if him talking trash goes hand in hand with making plays. Then so be it.
Very, VERY few players DON'T trash talk to some degree, Sherman got into the heads of a lot of players and took them off their game, Ali talked trash to get into everyone's head because he was self assured that he could back it all up, It's called CONFIDENCE.
"They 'Bout To Try Me" :stirthepot:

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
I like watching the guys who trash talk and put in the work to back it up. I want to see guys show emotion, whether it's PC or not, I'm not a fan of the guys who always use the canned statements (i.e. No. 3) to protect their image.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":1241jjr2 said:
I like watching the guys who trash talk and put in the work to back it up. I want to see guys show emotion, whether it's PC or not, I'm not a fan of the guys who always use the canned statements (i.e. No. 3) to protect their image.

Both are protecting their images...

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
True, but you don't think Russell's statements are a little more choreographed?

iigakusei

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":19qlthmw said:
I for one think that Sherman absolutely "choreographed" his demeanor and statements. He is an extremely intelligent guy who knew that by being brash and cocky and claiming himself the best he would remain in the public eye which would only help his future contract negotiations and endorsements. Has fatherhood changed him? Perhaps - only he knows that, but I think the fact he is well paid now is the bigger reason.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":2wzqyw1u said:

Of course.. much moreso. But so was Sherman's rant on Crabtree... he said the same thing seconds before to the Telemundo people.

I'm not a huge fan of Wilson's cautious image. But I'm not bothered by it. Nor am I bothered by Sherman's calculated antics. It's both a reflection of the persona and their conscientious understanding of how to market themselves. I just love their confidence on the field.

"I'm going to capitalize."

chris98251

Reaction score
Well since they are not lining up the best guy across from him now and just his presence cuts the field in half he has not had a lot to talk about, I also think the rest of the players in the league have learned to shut up and not get him riled up, he plays better when mad.

naholmes

Reaction score
I did love the "u mad bro" and optimus prime rants but that came at a different time when he, and many other core players, were just coming up and making a name for themselves in the league. That was a really exciting time to be a Seahawks fan. After being recognized as the top corner and getting a ring, fat contract, and family you know things are gonna change. Now there's not much reason to talk smack just let the play speak for itself.

Bryce84

Reaction score
I don't believe Sherman has had some drastic change as a person, its the perception of him from his peers (and the national media) that has changed. To them, he's no longer this young kid running his mouth who hasn't proven himself in the NFL, which garnered disrespect from his peers. It's that disrespect that Sherman himself has said prompted him to be as "loud" as he was early on.

razor150

Reaction score
The only thing with the young Sherman that bothered me is when he took his smack talk and feuds public. He can talk as much smack as he wants and have as many feuds as he wants, but I like that he no longer does that as he has gotten older.

Clayfighter

Reaction score
I was just thinking about how much I miss smack talky, brash Sherman. It was so much fun to watch. As long as he keeps playing at a high level I will love him, but he really got in dudes heads.

chris98251

Reaction score
Smack talk is about telling your opponent what your going to do, he has done it and now they don't make stupid comments about picking on him.