Poll of when you think Rawls will first play in an NFL game.

How long till Rawls is in an NFL game?

• Preseason game.

Votes: 31 32.3%
  • First Regular season game.

Votes: 38 39.6%
  • Before the week 8 game.

Votes: 22 22.9%
  • After the week 8.

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Post regular season game.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Next season.

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

ExBassGuide

Reaction score
NFL teams do not like to give out information on injuries of their players and the Seahawks are no exception! Rawls injury was a bad one and no one is saying when he will be back and at full strength. So I would just like to see what you think about how far along he is and when will his first NFL game will be.
Thank YOU!
Roger

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Pete said Rawls will be back for week 1. Do you have something that suggests otherwise?

Largent80

Reaction score
Pete is always saying optimistic things and one thing I have learned over his time here is that 50% of his talk regarding injuries is 90% optimism. Personally, I don't know any more than the rest of you, However, it has been said that he is behind Graham who's injury was supposed to be worse.

OP
OP
ExBassGuide

ExBassGuide

Reaction score
The kind of injury could be a bigger thing than Pete is letting on but no one really knows. jogging on a field and making cuts in a game are not near each other on the time scale. I'm thinking mid season if we are lucky (but I and every one out side the org. do not know). I would not rely on coach speak right now. If Pete says he is looking great out on the field...
Roger

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
He didn't dance around the question. He was asked if Rawls and Graham would be ready for week 1 and his answer was "Absolutely".

I've listened to his coach speak since he came here and he would never answer a question that directly if he wanted to give himself wiggle room later on.

chris98251

Reaction score
Let me see him in July or August and a pre season game, if he can't make that he won't start the season without reps, he has not been around long enough to just step in the mix especially with all the line changes and new back rotation we will see. He's not Lynch where he can sit out of contact till the first game yet.

kearly

Reaction score
He broke his ankle and didn't need surgery, it's not like he shredded his MCL.

They are just being careful with him. They'll hold him out of the preseason and then he'll play in week 1. Anything else would really surprise me.

OP
OP
ExBassGuide

ExBassGuide

Reaction score
It really comes down to tendon and ligament damage. Bones heal over time and strength and conditioning come after that. Then comes the question will he be as good as he once was before the injury. Others that have had the same injury have taken about a year to recover. I hope for the best but would not be surprised with it taking longer. I would love to see him play preseason, but the hawks will not rush him back for preseason if he is not truly ready. With that being said I would be shocked to see him in any preseason game except the last one and I still do not expect that either. Pete did not say he expected him back in preseason, Se said week 1. I pray for no setbacks for Graham and Rawls.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
kearly":3delqg92 said:

They are just being careful with him. They'll hold him out of the preseason and then he'll play in week 1. Anything else would really surprise me.

I thought he did need surgery??? If so that means pins and or screws. Hopefully we have a back up plan just in case

Reaction score
FWIW,
The fact that the injury did not require surgery means that the fracture was non-displaced...If there was a severe ankle ligament tear associated with a fracture, either the fracture, the ligaments, or both would probably have required surgical fixation. So there’s probably no cause for concern, and I would expect to see Rawls ready to play for the start of the 2016 season.

http://rotoviz.com/2016/05/thomas-rawls-injury/

Go Hawks,
BillA

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Bill Assumpcao":19na3fa4 said:
FWIW,
The fact that the injury did not require surgery means that the fracture was non-displaced...If there was a severe ankle ligament tear associated with a fracture, either the fracture, the ligaments, or both would probably have required surgical fixation. So there’s probably no cause for concern, and I would expect to see Rawls ready to play for the start of the 2016 season.

http://rotoviz.com/2016/05/thomas-rawls-injury/

Go Hawks,
BillA
So all the handwringing should stop. Excellent.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
kearly":1cltpa9c said:

I think he'll play in the preseason and it'll be about as much as Marshawn did last year.....like 10-12 plays IIRC.

Bryce84

Reaction score
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say his first NFL game was in the 2015 NFL pre-season against the Raiders. I didn't see that option available :D

Basis4day

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":cuxvys27 said:
He didn't dance around the question. He was asked if Rawls and Graham would be ready for week 1 and his answer was "Absolutely".

I've listened to his coach speak since he came here and he would never answer a question that directly if he wanted to give himself wiggle room later on.

Quoting your post for emphasis as i completely agree.

Pete typically says "We need to wait and see" or "We don't know that yet" when an injury can keep a player out for a bit
Pete tends to omit information that is negative rather than straight up lie or mislead.

He might not give you all the information about a player's health, but what he does give you tends to be true.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
ExBassGuide":33v76kxg said:
The kind of injury could be a bigger thing than Pete is letting on but no one really knows. jogging on a field and making cuts in a game are not near each other on the time scale. I'm thinking mid season if we are lucky (but I and every one out side the org. do not know). I would not rely on coach speak right now. If Pete says he is looking great out on the field...
Roger

Your line of thinking is incorrect. If he is now jogging without a limp and without pain (which those in the media that saw OTAs and mini camp have stated) then that means that the bone is well healed. The docs wouldn't let him jog without that being the case. Now that means he has two months to build strength/proprioception/confidence in the ankle before seeing gametime. Based on what he is doing now, I'd be VERY surprised if he isn't ready to go Week One, if not before.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
FWIW I don't think they draft three RBs if they were 100% confident he'd be back and ready to roar in Week 1.

TBH I wouldn't be surprised if he was in there Week 1, just as I wouldn't be surprised if he started the year on the PUP and didn't come back until Week 8.

The same goes for Graham.

June and July are the months of unmitigated success stories, nailed picks, turned around careers, and sky-high expectations. It's impossible to separate the truth from the BS, and for every team 90% of it is BS.