Earl Thomas best defensive Seahawks player ever?

Basis4day

Reaction score
Until ET gets a yellow jacket i think you have to give it to Tez.

Erebus

Reaction score
It is my personal opinion that Richard Sherman is the best defensive player we've ever had, but Easley retired when I was 6, so I never got a chance to see him play. Kennedy was great, definitely top 3 or 4, but I think his 1992 campaign over-inflated his status a little among Seahawks fans.

Erebus

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":16frfhji said:
Terrible article.

Yes it is. He put Thomas ahead of Easley based on team accomplishments, when it is clearly about the greatest individual defensive player.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Good article or bad.

ETIII has to be in the conversation.
When he's done playing, we can all look back and decide.

I won't argue any point here but I do believe that ET adds some intangibles that some don't give him credit for.
When all is said and he's done playing, many of us may change our minds, no matter where we stand right now.

Maulbert

Reaction score
I think Easley is the best. He would have been a HoF lock if he had played 4 more years at a mediocre level. He only lacked longevity. Hell, Ronnie Lott (yes, that Ronnie Lott) said Kenny Easley was the best safety to EVER play the game. I honestly think he belongs in the Hall of Fame, and I think he was the most talented player in Seahawks history.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
pmedic920":3vl5x0as said:
Good article or bad.

ETIII has to be in the conversation.
When he's done playing, we can all look back and decide.

I won't argue any point here but I do believe that ET adds some intangibles that some don't give him credit for.
When all is said and he's done playing, many of us may change our minds, no matter where we stand right now.

Agree. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE Earl. My issue is that Earl is not done and could very well be the best defensive Seahawk ever. It wouldn't surprise me in the least, however, Tez did not make the HOF from our votes. It was from his peers NFL HOF voters. I saw Tez play. He was the ONLY reason I didn't jump from the ship during those years. God, we were bad. :laugh:
Tez was that good though. No....That GREAT.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Maulbert":1pwkuhzi said:
I think Easley is the best. He would have been a HoF lock if he had played 4 more years at a mediocre level. He only lacked longevity. Hell, Ronnie Lott (yes, that Ronnie Lott) said Kenny Easley was the best safety to EVER play the game. I honestly think he belongs in the Hall of Fame, and I think he was the most talented player in Seahawks history.

I couldn't agree more. Easley not only laid out big hits, but was an INT machine. He was all over the field, and he masked some pretty bad defensive teams he was on. He was also on some damn good ones.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
He's in the conversation but I have both Easley and Tez in front of him but he's making ground. By the end of his career I may change my mind.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Erebus":2mosx9hc said:
It is my personal opinion that Richard Sherman is the best defensive player we've ever had, but Easley retired when I was 6, so I never got a chance to see him play. Kennedy was great, definitely top 3 or 4, but I think his 1992 campaign over-inflated his status a little among Seahawks fans.
I agree I think Sherman is the best we've ever had on that side of the ball. He really is better than people realize.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Easley is probably my favorite player for whatever that's worth but Sherman is slightly better and Earl is definitely in the conversation.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Kam Chancellor was the most dominant postseason defender I've seen for two strait years up until some idiot ran into his knee before SB49 and I stand by that statement going back to Richard Dent with the Bears.

You could play 10 years at a high level, but truly dominating when it matters most is what gets the rings...and the Seahawks were just another franchise without said ring. No one else in the country giving an ish about the 2005 rigged SB kind of puts that in perspective.

Tical21

Reaction score
His leadership and role in this particular defense may be enough to get him over the edge. He needs more longevity to reach Tez, but I think he's on pace.

dogorama

Reaction score
Maulbert":1bown3tk said:

THAT