Analysing Seattle's UDFAs

MB12

Reaction score
I've written a three-part series for Inside The Pylon on Seattle's Undrafted Free Agents.
I know some of you enjoyed the first part which I shared on .net. I'd be interested in everyone's thoughts on the work as a whole. Part 1 is offense, part 2 defensive line and linebackers, and part 3 defensive backs:

http://insidethepylon.com/nfl/teams-nfl ... ee-agents/
http://insidethepylon.com/film-study/fi ... ven-udfas/
http://insidethepylon.com/film-study/fi ... ary-udfas/

I believe it provides an in-depth analysis of the players the Seahawks have signed, with some game film included. I'm most excited to see how Montese Overton does in the pre-season, but that's probably because he was my favorite guy to watch. How about you guys? Who most intrigues you in the pre-season as an UDFA?

Thanks for your time.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to provide that interesting write-up.

I'm most interested in watching Fant, McEvoy, Powell, and Bryant in the pre-season.

Off-season comments from teammates and coaches have indicated that Longa, Overton, and Boykins have impressed so far, so those are other guys to pay attention to.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I really like this group but our roster is just incresibly deep right now. I can see Boykin becoming the back up QB, Bryant looks to have a shot at FB/DT hybrid, one of Overton/Perkins/Robertson/Longa might make the roster if we keep more than 5 LBs (which I'm not entirely convinced of) and Powell might be in contention for one of the back up safety spots.

In any case our PS will be stacked.

OP
OP
M

MB12

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":1tyfms6i said:
Thanks for taking the time to provide that interesting write-up.

I'm most interested in watching Fant, McEvoy, Powell, and Bryant in the pre-season.

Off-season comments from teammates and coaches have indicated that Longa, Overton, and Boykins have impressed so far, so those are other guys to pay attention to.

On the subject of McEvoy, do you think we see him line up on both sides of the football in pre-season?

OP
OP
M

MB12

Reaction score
Overseasfan":3a1e23i2 said:
I really like this group but our roster is just incresibly deep right now. I can see Boykin becoming the back up QB, Bryant looks to have a shot at FB/DT hybrid, one of Overton/Perkins/Robertson/Longa might make the roster if we keep more than 5 LBs (which I'm not entirely convinced of) and Powell might be in contention for one of the back up safety spots.

In any case our PS will be stacked.

You've definitely got that right. Our depth is excellent, with strong competition all over the place. It's at 2013 levels in my opinion.

I'm most intrigued to see who wins the SAM/Strong linebacker spot. Pete has Mike Morgan is currently leading this, but that's likely due to his familiarity of Seattle's system and also the NFL in general. Intriguing battles for pre-season games and camp