Which is important the defense or Russell Wilson leader.

BuZzB28

Reaction score
I want to know the question. Which is very important the defense leader or Russell Wilson Leader. If Russell Wilson can wins game without for Avril, Wagner, Wright, Kam and Sherman? Or if Wilson cant help because defense can carry him wins games?

kobebryant

Reaction score
Leadership is always more than one man.

Offensively, the unit is pretty young, so you're looking at guys like Wilson, Baldwin and Graham to lead the way there.

Defense is a little more veteran laden with a leadership group of the likes of Bennett, Avril. Wagner, Wright, Sherman, Thomas and Chancellor.

It can be big personalities like Baldwin, Bennett, Sherman and Thomas or strong lead by example types like Chancellor and Wright.

The beautiful thing about football is that no one man is ever going to win a football game by himself.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
BuZzB28":we507hpd said:
I want to know the question. Which is very important the defense leader or Russell Wilson Leader. If Russell Wilson can wins game without for Avril, Wagner, Wright, Kam and Sherman? Or if Wilson cant help because defense can carry him wins games?

For me, this is a toss up right now. There are times when the offense isn't clicking for whatever reason, and the D steps it up. Conversely, the defense has laid an egg at times and Wilson has put the game on his shoulders and we've won.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I can see an argument for either side but I truly think the players follow RW's leadership. I'm sure he can drive them a little nuts at times or maybe he doesn't connect with all of them but watching him in the Carolina game changed my perception a little. He is so confident in his ability to come back and plays as hard as he possibly can on every single play even if they are down 30 at the half. Watching his teammates watch him and respond to his effort and message was pretty cool. I think they view him as their leader and they are much more confident in their ability to win games because of him. You can be down 21 in the 4th and I bet every single player on that team feels like RW is going to find a way to win this game.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
IMHO: Defense is always more important than Offense. Why? Because the D can score points when on the field, whereas the O can't rush the passer.

I'm not a big fan of is this or that better, this is a team game, Offense, Defense, Special Teams.

I believe the old line is: O puts people in the seats, D puts you in the SB, and STs win the SB.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
IMHO I dont think anyone on that team would ever answer a question like this. IT IS A TEAM GAME. Neither side could do it without the other. We don't win a super bowl (or another) without either piece. I am just very glade we have the wealth of riches of talent on this team.
That said I feel our offense will take that next step BECAUSE no beast mode. Russell is now the undeniable solo king of the offensive locker room. We saw flashes of it late last year. Because ML was so good and such a strong personality I felt there was a dual leadership in the locker room. Not that ML was doing anything negative to the team intentionally. With him gone Russell can now be the sole leader.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
BuZzB28":1ofzx9sq said:
Tough call because there are points with both arguments. From my perspective, nothing really came alive until we finally got a good QB. We had an incredible defense in 2011. Then Russell came along and the rest is history. He is a MAJOR factor but so is the defense. I still feel that if we had even 1/3 of the D that we have had for the last 4 seasons we would have never lost our first SB. It really is hard to call. I think we can all agree that TJack would have never taken us to the promised land though.

Anthony!

Reaction score
first it is a ridiculous question. Last I checked you need both. Yes the defense can score, but the offense still has to do something even if it is just eat up the clock, not make mistakes etc. Yes the offense can outscore the other team when the defense cant stop them see Pit game last year. However the defense can still help with better field position, getting off the field quick etc. Now as to leadership-in that case its Wilson as his leadership more than anyone else's transcends offense or defense. Look no further than the SB and what Cam did or rather did not do. Compare that to similar situations you have seen Wilson do in those same situations. Wilson supreme confidence that they can always come back and win. Sherman, ET, Kam, and pretty much all the defense has said his proven ability and confidence makes them not get down, and not loose hope, they expect to come back every time and that is mostly because of Wilson

OP
OP
B

BuZzB28

Reaction score
Do you remembered? Kam was holding for moneys when he missed 2 or 3 games when Seattle's defense got mess up and two loss games. Right? I think, the defense is best and carry to Wilson for win game. They are a great defense. But Wilson is very good game because he know how fast to beat a clock and last mins that won game. He is good leader his team and speak to defense must active and emotional. Lol

fenderbender123

Reaction score
BuZzB28":1bylgzgt said:
Do you remembered? Kam was holding for moneys when he missed 2 or 3 games when Seattle's defense got mess up and two loss games. Right? I think, the defense is best and carry to Wilson for win game. They are a great defense. But Wilson is very good game because he know how fast to beat a clock and last mins that won game. He is good leader his team and speak to defense must active and emotional. Lol

Great post. I couldn't have said it any better myself.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Is it bad that I don't understand a word this fool says here or at the Webzone? I'm thinking he's a non-English speaker. I need help seriously.

McGruff

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":mxik6j16 said:
Is it bad that I don't understand a word this fool says here or at the Webzone? I'm thinking he's a non-English speaker. I need help seriously.

I pmed him about this but haven't received a response.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
BuZzB28":3fkfsk9d said:

Possible Translation?

I'd like to know the answer to these questions.

Which is most important, is it the league-leading defense, or is it the leadership of Russell Wilson?

Can Russell Wilson win games without Avril, Wagner, Wright, Kam, and Sherman?

Does the defense carry Wilson, and thus lets him win because of their work without the need for his significant contribution?

Otherwise, I'm afraid the OP writer has written gibberish, or should refrain from posting while intoxicated.

Ans:

1. Both are critically important to winning, defense wins Championships, though.

2. Possibly, but doubtful.

3. Possibly, but doubtful

scutterhawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3djb35c9 said:
Even though his English is kind of busted up, I kind of get the gist of what he's asking.
Lots of folks are convinced that it's the Defense that carries the Offense to Championships, but bottom line? it's a symbiosis Teamwork gig, and BOTH O & D are of equal importance.
If the Quarterback is inept, or careless with the ball, the Defense can and does get worn out, & vice-versa, the Defense has injuries, you need the Quarterback to pick up the slack.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1qmuiw6r said:
MizzouHawkGal":1qmuiw6r said:
Even though his English is kind of busted up, I kind of get the gist of what he's asking.
Lots of folks are convinced that it's the Defense that carries the Offense to Championships, but bottom line? it's a symbiosis Teamwork gig, and BOTH O & D are of equal importance.
If the Quarterback is inept, or careless with the ball, the Defense can and does get worn out, & vice-versa, the Defense has injuries, you need the Quarterback to pick up the slack.
Thanks scutter and I agree with your assessment.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":i0rc0hzu said:
Nope.. IMO not an ESL poster but a webzone troll.
How can someone with broken English spell so well, understand English responses perfectly, use complex grammar at times and know how to post the same topic on opposing fan boards.