Gee Scott's new segment on 710

ivotuk

Reaction score
I didn't really get the Justin and Gee Show, but this might be different. He's starting out with some interesting guests and topics. Being a Seahawks fanatic, I want to know EVERYTYHING 'bout my team, including what the Equipment Manager does. To the average fan, this is probably boring, but to us, I believe it's important information about the inner workings of an NFL team, of our NFL team.

Derin Lazuta: Assistant Equipment Manager, Seattle Seahawks

Originally aired: Friday, June 17, 2016

You've maybe never noticed him during pregame before the Seahawks take the field or standing on the sidelines. But for the past 11 years' assistant equipment manager Derin Lazuta has played an important part of keeping them loose: Through comic relief.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/ ... ee%20Scott

Father's Day with Michael Bennett

Originally aired: Sunday, June 19, 2016

Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett talks with Gee about balancing fatherhood with being a professional athlete, and what (and what NOT) to get dad on his special day.

Gee Scott

June 23, 2016 - Hour 2

Originally aired: Thursday, June 23, 2016

Former Seahawks O-Lineman Ray Roberts joins Gee to talk about the Seahawks and what rookie Germaine Ifedi will be learning this season.

Also he explains exactly what Trent Dilfer meant about cutting back on investing D-Lineman.

Gee goes out and talks to people out in West Seattle on "Word on the Street" about the recent struggles with the Mariners. He closes things out with "Random Questions".

June 23, 2016 - Hour 1

Originally aired: Thursday, June 23, 2016

Gee is back and kicks things off with 3 "Quick Hits" on the Mariners woes on the recent road trip, the NBA Draft and the falling stock of UW's Dejounte Murray, and

who will rank higher among players Russell Wilson or Richard Sherman?

Newly drafted Seahawks O-Lineman Germaine Ifedi talks about his first NFL minicamp and what he likes about Seattle.

We debut the segment "What's Up With Tom?" where Tom Wassell of "Bob, Groz and Tom" can get things off his chest. Plus, we take a listen to what other shows were talking about today in "The Remix".

Today, Trent Dilfer talked about the most underrated Seahawk

Largent80

Reaction score
I won't listen because I heard his previous show and that is enough to tell me that whatever he does, he's doing it without me as a listener.

509hawk

Reaction score
Largent80":2jovchnw said:
I won't listen because I heard his previous show and that is enough to tell me that whatever he does, he's doing it without me as a listener.
:ditto:

kearly

Reaction score
I hope he dials down the energy a bit. I don't think he's an idiot, but I don't think he's aware of how annoying his mannerisms are either.

brettb3

Reaction score
Easily the worst on-air "talent" in Seattle sports radio. The fact that Salk fired Michael Grey and replaced him with this guy is mind boggling.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think he tries too hard to be 'legit' with his usage of 'bruh' etc. It just doesn't sound natural coming from him.

There's an old song "All I gotta do is 'act naturally' He has decent insights, he just needs to let it flow and not try to be someone he's not.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
ivotuk":1je7e6j2 said:
I think he tries too hard to be 'legit' with his usage of 'bruh' etc. It just doesn't sound natural coming from him.

There's an old song "All I gotta do is 'act naturally' He has decent insights, he just needs to let it flow and not try to be someone he's not.
Watcha know good, bruhhhh?
Havent listened to Justin and Gee much before they got axed but was sad to hear Justin is now unemployed. Sounds like Gaylane is moving on to bigger and better. I agree on your comments.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Gee is describing himself as the foremost insider and his show as the first real reporting of player's opinions, behind-the-scenes perspectives and locker room talk.
Sorry but he is not MRob. The Real Rob Report can never be topped by this faker.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I really don't understand the hate on Gee. I really do not. My guess, based on these comments, is that he doesn't sound white enough.

Sent from my iPhone, which is way better than Roland's Nokia.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
This sounds like a good fit. Special reports, features, and personality profiles suit Gee's interpersonal style. He's not a seasoned "radio guy" which I've come to appreciate. The equipment guy piece was entertaining. He's not M-Rob of course, but some of the sound Gee got from players behind the scenes was the first time I've heard stuff like that since the RRR.

Regarding the 710 cast, as much as I really like Dave Wyman and appreciate his been-there-done-that NFL insights, he still sounds the most awkward on the mic sometimes. And I know Clayton and Jessamyn just got going, but their flow is stilted and inconsistent. I have a hard time seeing that work long term.

Hawkfiend

Reaction score
MysterMatt":1rawq79a said:
I really don't understand the hate on Gee. I really do not. My guess, based on these comments, is that he doesn't sound white enough.

Someone always has to play the race card lol. I don't like Gee because I didn't find him very knowledgeable and found his voice on radio annoying. I also don't like the Groz for similar reasons and he's white.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Hawkfiend":2vngwccu said:
MysterMatt":2vngwccu said:

Someone always has to play the race card lol. I don't like Gee because I didn't find him very knowledgeable and found his voice on radio annoying. I also don't like the Groz for similar reasons and he's white.
Mmmmm hmmmm.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Ive written it elsewhere but the problem for me with Gee are his fake "deep" analogies. He sincerely thinks hes being profound with them, but they are just ridiculous..and I suspect they are probably why Justin is unemployed because he had a hard time being the foil for them..you could feel his eyes roll through the air waves.

"You know what this is like? This is like youre the paper boy. Did you ever have a paper route when you were a kid? And there was the one apartment building with, like 150 apartments..and like 100 of them ordered the paper..and you had to get each one exactly right. Every day. 365 days a year. And then you go to to collect around Christmas and they give you your 12 dollars and a 5 dollar McDonalds gift card. And you KNOW thats all they owe you. And the gift card is extra. But you feel they dont really APPRECIATE what you do. They dont. And so thats where Kam is coming from. Like, make him some hot chocolate and give him an extra 10 bucks..he brings that newspaper every week!"

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Vetamur":13hva05r said:
Ive written it elsewhere but the problem for me with Gee are his fake "deep" analogies. He sincerely thinks hes being profound with them, but they are just ridiculous..
I guess where you hear "sincerely thinks he's being profound" I hear "trying to relate a normal working person's experience to a professional athlete's because we can't really know what their experience is like."
I hear way more self-effacing and humility from Gee than a fake, ego-driven sense of depth.

Vetamur

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":3eg9a5wa said:
Vetamur":3eg9a5wa said:
Ive written it elsewhere but the problem for me with Gee are his fake "deep" analogies. He sincerely thinks hes being profound with them, but they are just ridiculous..
I guess where you hear "sincerely thinks he's being profound" I hear "trying to relate a normal working person's experience to a professional athlete's because we can't really know what their experience is like."
I hear way more self-effacing and humility from Gee than a fake, ego-driven sense of depth.

It could be. Its possible Im just not reading him right. Maybe it was the awkward pairing of the two that dragged things down and Im scape goating the odd analogies.. But at the same time, he lost his show, so at the very least I wasnt alone.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Justin and Gee was terrible radio. Not sure why they felt the need to give him another show but whatever. Won't be listening to that one either. I tried to listen to the first and couldn't take it. Not insightful and generally boring and awkward to listen to.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
This is actually the John Clayton show, but it's Gee Scott with ADB

JOHN CLAYTON

Doug Baldwin on his contract extension with the Seahawks

ORIGINALLY AIRED: WEDNESDAY, JUNE 29, 2016

Seahawks wide receiver Doug Baldwin tells Gee Scott about signing a four-year extension that is reportedly worth $46 million

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/ ... %20Clayton