Where do 12s sit @ Arizona games?

jonkchar

Reaction score
Anyone have any insight about going to games @ Arizona?
Talking to my inlaws, and it sounds like they're interested in finally going to a game (we live in Anchorage, AK). We were looking at ticket prices, and someone suggested the game @ Arizona. They seemed pretty stoked about it, so I entertained the idea. Of course I would rather be at the Clink, but it seems like a lot of Seahawks fans travel to this game every year anyway, so hopefully it'll be like another home game. Would like to sit with other Seahawks fans. Any tips are appreciated!

pmedic920

Reaction score
On their butts ?

Just kidding , many NFL cities have SeaHawker sub chapters, I don't know if they do or not but a quick Google should tell you.
If they do, you could contact them, they tend to sit in groups.
They also may have some sort of package deal that includes a tailgate party.

If not, I'd suggest looking for tickets on the visitor's side of the field.
Not much help but maybe a little.
Good luck, GoHawks.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
From what I have seen the past 2 years games, anywhere on the visitors side is fine. There were tailgate parties out there set up but we have gone to the local establishments next door to the stadium and it was fine. In Peoria at the tilted kilt is one of the Az Seahawkers groups. Scottsdale has one too. They are out of Wasted grain and about 45 mins out of Glendale to the east. I think last year we were still in the realm of 45% Seahawk fans and the year before about the same. Not sure this year as the game there is way early in the season. May be more seahawkers than AZers as the snowbirds have not gone down yet. he he he. :mrgreen: Have fun.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The way the last couple years have gone, I'd imagine end zone seats are the best place to see the Seahawks in action. ;)

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Like an 800 pound gorilla, anywhere they want!

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
I have a vacation home 8 miles from the UofP and have been to a few Seahawks Vs Cards games. You would be surprised at how many 12's are in attendance. I am open for sitting anywhere at the stadium. 12's will be located in all sections.
Lower bowl is recommended in either side, but I have mostly been on the visitors side.
Cards fans will be decent to you even though we are the main objective towards winning the West.
There is a great mall (Westlake Plaza or Westgate Plaza-I forget the name of the mall).immediately N of the stadium within easy walking distance where there is a plentiful supply of eateries.
The stadium is clean and nice with gobs of parking available, but you need a park pass in advance before you drive through the entrance.
One thing that stood out to me about the stadium...very little in game data (stats). Only the score, game clocks, down and distance sort of info is provided.
Have fun!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":1miq0yf8 said:
I have a vacation home 8 miles from the UofP and have been to a few Seahawks Vs Cards games. You would be surprised at how many 12's are in attendance. I am open for sitting anywhere at the stadium. 12's will be located in all sections.
Lower bowl is recommended in either side, but I have mostly been on the visitors side.
Cards fans will be decent to you even though we are the main objective towards winning the West.
There is a great mall (Westlake Plaza or Westgate Plaza-I forget the name of the mall).immediately N of the stadium within easy walking distance where there is a plentiful supply of eateries.
The stadium is clean and nice with gobs of parking available, but you need a park pass in advance before you drive through the entrance.
One thing that stood out to me about the stadium...very little in game data (stats). Only the score, game clocks, down and distance sort of info is provided.
Have fun!

Hey...where is our picture?????

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
As a fan of the more dominant bird I'd perch in the upper story. Besides, the cardinals are the oldest football franchise having retired in Phoenix AZ so you might need to look out for those senior-citizen only areas and 'disabled' seats in the lower sections. How else do you think they build their fanbase?

JK. I understand Glendale is a younger active town.

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
I live here in Phoenix, and have attended the games quite a few times. I've sat all over the stadium, there really isn't a bad seat. If you want to be surrounded by other 12's try and get seats anywhere between the 20's on the visitors side. Although you will probably see 12's all over the stadium, this area will have the most, and make it more like a home game.

Here is a link to the local Seahawk Booster Club. Hit me up if you need any more info.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Sparkchaser737":11436w0f said:
I live here in Phoenix, and have attended the games quite a few times. I've sat all over the stadium, there really isn't a bad seat. If you want to be surrounded by other 12's try and get seats anywhere between the 20's on the visitors side. Although you will probably see 12's all over the stadium, this area will have the most, and make it more like a home game.

Here is a link to the local Seahawk Booster Club. Hit me up if you need any more info.
My wife and I just snagged two seats in Section 132, which is between the 20 and 30-yard line on the visitor's side of the stadium.

We're flying down on Wednesday before the game to take in the Grand Canyon and the local sites near Flagstaff, a Saturday evening Montana Grizzlies - NAU football game (my wife grew up in Missoula so we're also Griz fans), and then we're driving back down to the Phoenix area Sunday morning for the SNF game with the Cardinals. It's our first Hawks road trip and a retirement gift to each other as she pulled the plug last month and I have less than two weeks before I do the same.

Question for you... within a couple of blocks of the stadium, is there a bar that you recommend for pre-game drinks and a bite to eat?

Or, alternatively, the location of a tail gate that would welcome us with open arms?

TIA

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":3q1y2ux5 said:
Sparkchaser737":3q1y2ux5 said:

My wife and I just snagged two seats in Section 132, which is between the 20 and 30-yard line on the visitor's side of the stadium.

We're flying down on Wednesday before the game to take in the Grand Canyon and the local sites near Flagstaff, a Saturday evening Montana Grizzlies - NAU football game (my wife grew up in Missoula so we're also Griz fans), and then we're driving back down to the Phoenix area Sunday morning for the SNF game with the Cardinals. It's our first Hawks road trip and a retirement gift to each other as she pulled the plug last month and I have less than two weeks before I do the same.

Question for you... within a couple of blocks of the stadium, is there a bar that you recommend for pre-game drinks and a bite to eat?

Or, alternatively, the location of a tail gate that would welcome us with open arms?

TIA

I have gone to the Seahawks game down there the last 2 seasons.

There is a ton of bars and restaurants close to the stadium. Check out Westgate.

We usually hit up McFaddens for the early games then walk over to the stadium.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Sit anywhere. Last few years, the entire stadium was filled with 12s. We pretty much own the place.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
HansGruber":3a0scp5o said:
Sit anywhere. Last few years, the entire stadium was filled with 12s. We pretty much own the place.
LOL! So true! My father(who is a major bandwagon hopper and lives near Phoenix)went to the last game and he was shocked at how many Seahawk fans were at the game. I said to him, "You sure got a short memory dad".
We lived in Washington when I was a kid and I grew up a Seahawk fan because of him and now he is a Cardinal fan because he lives out there now. I live in Michigan, I NEVER jumped ship and became a Lions or Bears fan. He seems to forget how rabid Seahawk fans were when he was going to the Kingdome with business friends back in the day. I remember him saying that Seahawk fans were the loudest and best fans.
That last game, I was watching and it sounded like a home game. I remember calling him and rubbing it in. It was awesome!! :2thumbs: :irishdrinkers:

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Just bought tickets section 447 row 4. Hoping to meet some other hawk fans on my first away game.

RiverDog

Reaction score
There's no specific spot in the stadium that Seahawk fans sit. We're scattered all over the place and make up what in our estimation was about 35-40% of the crowd. No matter where you sit, you'll have plenty of company and won't have to worry about dirty looks if you cheer like a 12.

McFadden's is the place to go for the pre function on game day. It's about 95% Hawk fans (no kidding) on game day, a virtual sea of blue jerseys both before and after the game. You'll swear that you're in Pioneer Square.

A friend once told me that everybody in Arizona is from somewhere else, and as such most locals grew up with a different NFL team as their favorite. They have a very apathetic fan base, meaning that tickets are easy to come by. It's a great trip, I've gone the past two years and had a blast on each occasion. If course, the Hawks blowing them out had a lot to do with the enjoyment, but that's beside the point.