Great article on Tyler Lockett..

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Told every one of you football smart guys last year. Lockett is a 1st tier wide receiver and he's not a punk. Enjoy watching Wilson transform this offense into something balanced and not run, run, run. It's going to be an actual Pete Carroll offense and defense for the first time ever. Balanced and the defense running downhill from the jump because this offense will be scoring points like New England and Green Bay does.

My adopt a rookie last year and the jersey I will be wearing at Arrowhead this August in my box seats (It's awesome when your best bud is the girlfriend of a star Chief linebacker).

Lockett no E is for real and I love that I knew it from day one. I'm figuring we're good for 13-3 or 14-2 if reasonably healthy.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Just now read this article. Really good evaluation, using different benchmarks.

"Reception Perception"

"Once again we come back to Lockett’s deep playmaking ability. His 55.3 percent SRVC is a strong score demonstrating not just his wheels, but how he can sell the cornerback on his intents to stay shallow before darting downfield. Lockett has the ability to get on top of a defender in a hurry. When he’s on, not many wide receivers truly make the difference in play speed compared to their defenders look so stark.

Look for Lockett’s 31.4 PTS figure to rise during the 2016 season. Even as he was lighting up the football world, there were at least four plays during Lockett’s Reception Perception sample where Russell Wilson just missed his new wideout streaking deep down the field. If those attempts start converting this season, Lockett’s deep game production could go through the roof.

Lockett’s 87.8 percent SRVC on curl routes is one of the better scores ever posted, and second-best charted so far for 2015 (Willie Snead - 88.1). Again, this pattern shows not only Lockett’s ability to sell the vertical route, but also his quickness at the break-back point of the route. Lockett changes directions with great fluidity and you’ll often see him leave cornerbacks aghast when they discover he’s already turned around while they still pedal downfield. This ability is also exemplified in his pristine 88.9 percent score on comeback routes, one of the most difficult patterns to execute for the average NFL receiver. "

http://www.thebackyardbanter.com/recept ... tatus.html