I have a good feeling about this season

original poster

Reaction score
Am I alone? I bet I'm not.

I have that 2013 feeling. in-fact, I have a better feeling than 2013.

Yes, there may be a couple of question marks, can our o-line deliver, will Jimmy Graham and Thomas Rawls be 100%?

Despite all that, I am beyond excited to watch the 2016 Seahawks, I see nothing but a dominant season throughout and going all the way.

Theres just too many exciting players on this roster to not be a serious consideration, this draft class, IMO, will be the best we've ever had.

Tyler Lockett is going to explode on an already tremendous rookie year.
Jarran Reed was one hell of a steal.
Rawls as our starter from week 1? Wow.
Nick Vannett is exactly what we needed at tight end.
Kam back to being Kam.
Brandon Browner on board to help guide the younger guys and stop us getting exploited by opposition TE's.
Russell Wilson looking to be even better. Just think about that for a second...

Seattle Seahawks. 2016 World Champions.

hawker84

Reaction score
With the defense seemingly back to it's old self on paper anyway, I am definitely more confident coming into this season. The O line is a concern, but with Wilson entering into his prime years there's an awful lot the team can overcome, especially with the weapons he has coming back on offense. So yes sir, I am with you. I think it's going to be another great season. Got to stay relatively healthy of course.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I'm very optimistic about this season as well.

It all depends on health, imo and I'm sure others here would agree. Health is probably the biggest obstacle that'll prevent us from going all the way this year. Not the Panthers, more than the o line or officiating.

Even though we have great depth at most positions and star power at most positions, our guys have to stay healthy. I don't want us to get to week 6 and already have some key guys going down and we're using that as an excuse for not winning.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I am stoked as well. No team ever had no weaknesses. Some things I like.

Depth. We are deep everywhere. This is one of the most important factors at making a run.

I am also happy listening to Kris Richard talk about mixing things up on the D. I just hope not to much so we don't have communication issues like we did last season.

I personally think we will not miss Bruce Irvin. I feel he was a freak athlete that we tried to shoehorn in to make use of his athleticism instead of scheming better. Without him we will have MORE flexibility.

We are very good at receiver tight end. I remember not to long ago we were bitching about receiver being week. LOL.

Russell continues to get even better. WOW.

Obviously we have questions about O-line. But I feel nothing will be as bad as last season beginning. I hope.

My only other question is about special teams. Kicking I am comfortable with. But kick coverage and return blocking took a drop last year. Or was it just the pessimist in me? If we did indeed drop off what are we doing about getting this area better? And yes this is a very important piece to the Bowl puzzle.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I am optimistic too. A big part of it is the schedule, which looks to be very manageable. Last year when the schedule came out, it made me nervous just because it seemed stacked against us and designed to stretch the team to the limit. Meanwhile our division foes had a better road in the first half of the season.

I think that the improvements to the team, combined with the improvements to the schedule, add up to a great season.

kf3339

Reaction score
I am very optimistic as long as PC doesn't in affect throw away early games like he did last year. Those losses trying to experiment with that craptastic OL was just pathetic. Perhaps having to battle just to get a wildcard seed and Loss to Carolina made him realize that point. I don't know.

But if they straighten out the OL very early then I can see a very dominant season including another SB victory. But the OL is our Achilles Heel.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
kf3339":1sry14wh said:
I am very optimistic as long as PC doesn't in affect throw away early games like he did last year. Those losses trying to experiment with that craptastic OL was just pathetic. Perhaps having to battle just to get a wildcard seed and Loss to Carolina made him realize that point. I don't know.

But if they straighten out the OL very early then I can see a very dominant season including another SB victory. But the OL is our Achilles Heel.

Seahawks always suck in October since Pete Carrol got here. Every year. It is their worst month of the season, without exception. So I am expecting the same this year. But if they can have a good September record and go .500 in October, they will be in great shape because they always turn it up in the 2nd half of the year.

Anthony!

Reaction score
As long as PC lets Wilson run his offense, see 2nd half of last year, and does not get stupid, see first half of Carolina playoff game, we will be fine. Add to that our defense which should be back to 2013 and we are set

Ruminator

Reaction score
Last season was a little weird -- especially the beginning of it. I knew a lot of our players were banged up big time after Super Bowl 49. And yeah, psychologically, the Brady heroics/Butler interception wasn't exactly a positive way to go into an offseason. So it felt like being a severely malnourished bear coming out of hibernation 3 months early not really knowing what life was going to throw at him.

This season?

BRING! IT! ON!

chris98251

Reaction score
Anthony!":qtvdleen said:
As long as PC lets Wilson run his offense INSTEAD OF BEVELL, see 2nd half of last year, and does not get stupid, see first half of Carolina playoff game, we will be fine. Add to that our defense which should be back to 2013 and we are set

There that's better.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I've got that pre 2013 feeling myself.

I can't think of a time in recent memory where I've felt better about our QB, offensive skill positions and depth (other than 2013 depth). Think about it we have Wilson at Qb, then we have Rawls at RB, backed up by Michael, Prosise and Collins. Seriously, we can sustain 2 season ending injuries at RB and still have an effective running game.

I'm not real happy about the OL as it sits because there's a lot of uncertainty, but that's an annual thing for me. I don't freak out about it until after TC and preseason.

On defense, we've got our depth back. Our secondary and DL are DEEP. 2013 deep and I think our secondary is deeper and more talented than 2013.

I don't base my optimism based on "X player developing by X amount, or X rookie having so much production". Over all, we have more to look forward to than we have to dread.

kf3339

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1zfgllmx said:
kf3339":1zfgllmx said:

Seahawks always suck in October since Pete Carrol got here. Every year. It is their worst month of the season, without exception. So I am expecting the same this year. But if they can have a good September record and go .500 in October, they will be in great shape because they always turn it up in the 2nd half of the year.

We started 2-2 last season with a joke as our starting center. Not his fault at all since he never should have been in that position. So for me I do want to see no experiments on the starting O-Line and that means Britt on the sideline. Just how I see it.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawks46":mznat1hv said:

I can't think of a time in recent memory where I've felt better about our QB, offensive skill positions and depth (other than 2013 depth). Think about it we have Wilson at Qb, then we have Rawls at RB, backed up by Michael, Prosise and Collins. Seriously, we can sustain 2 season ending injuries at RB and still have an effective running game.

I'm not real happy about the OL as it sits because there's a lot of uncertainty, but that's an annual thing for me. I don't freak out about it until after TC and preseason.

On defense, we've got our depth back. Our secondary and DL are DEEP. 2013 deep and I think our secondary is deeper and more talented than 2013.

I don't base my optimism based on "X player developing by X amount, or X rookie having so much production". Over all, we have more to look forward to than we have to dread.

If you were talking just defense I would agree, but our offense is a Jekyll and Hyde every year till week 8. Consistent pieces sabotaged by over thinking or trying to force issues.

Hawks46

Reaction score
chris98251":2na7gg3t said:
Hawks46":2na7gg3t said:

If you were talking just defense I would agree, but our offense is a Jekyll and Hyde every year till week 8. Consistent pieces sabotaged by over thinking or trying to force issues.

Even the Jekyll and Hyde is consistent. They tinker with the OL, struggle the first half of the year, then get seasoned and playing experience and ramp up to something closer to average. As the OL struggles go, so go our offense.

Seriously, we have Willson, a very promising rookie Vannett, insane depth at RB, and the best WR corps that I can remember in the last 8 years or so. We have Baldwin whom they just paid a good amount of money to, and this is a team that doesn't value the WR position. Paying Baldwin shows they think he's for real, and consistent. Then we have Lockett. We all know his potential and how well he did as a rookie. Heck, Kearse is going to be our #3, something a lot of us have been banging the drum on for a while. Then the depth all looks like they can play. We have high end talent and quality depth. We can sustain injuries. The only real question is the OL, and that's always a question this time of year.

sutz

Reaction score
Just got better. Baldwin signed long term. :2thumbs:

bighawk

Reaction score
If the o-line holds up this team will be in the super bowl this year. My only concern with the online is Webb at right tackle. I am so glad they got rid of Sweezy and moved Britt . Ifedi has the chance to be dominant. Glowinski according to Cable is a powerhouse and placing him at left guard makes sense. The offense will be more explosive if Richardson and Graham remains healthy because everything will be opened up. The defense will be dominant. No concerns there.