Lockette- "Am I about to Die"

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Nice write up by Ricardo Lockette.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/am-i-about-to-die/

"This was a cold, cold darkness I didn’t know existed. When you can’t move, there are so many uncertainties that your mind races a million miles a hour. Ten minutes feels like 10 days. So from the time that I got hit to the time that I got to the hospital … man, that was a long trip that I was on."

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Uncle Si":cwteb2me said:
Nice write up by Ricardo Lockette.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/am-i-about-to-die/

"This was a cold, cold darkness I didn’t know existed. When you can’t move, there are so many uncertainties that your mind races a million miles a hour. Ten minutes feels like 10 days. So from the time that I got hit to the time that I got to the hospital … man, that was a long trip that I was on."
Awesome find, thank you! :2thumbs:

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":2a6q2rz5 said:
That's a must-read for any Seahawks fan. For any football fan. For any sports fan. For any fan of human beings.

+1

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":3chb7to3 said:
That's a must-read for any Seahawks fan. For any football fan. For any sports fan. For any fan of human beings.
Well I'm all of the above and that article shifted my opinion of "Rocket Lockett" with an E.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Really, really enjoyed that read, it puts things into perspective.

Funny though, I didn't click on his article titled "The Pass". I still have no desire to confront that play.

orca

Reaction score
rjdriver":3ghozn8j said:

Funny though, I didn't click on his article titled "The Pass". I still had no desire to confront that play.
That's a great read as well, especially when it comes to putting things into perspective... ;)

BullHawk33

Reaction score
I read this yesterday, again today. Great article. Lynch making him laugh so hard it put his life in danger, I loved that part.

My opinion of him was similar to his play, up and down, but it was based on his play on the field.

His character isn't in doubt though and I truly wish him the best.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
orca":3dr9jzf7 said:
rjdriver":3dr9jzf7 said:

Funny though, I didn't click on his article titled "The Pass". I still had no desire to confront that play.
That's a great read as well, especially when it comes to putting things into perspective... ;)

+2

NINEster

Reaction score
Damn, what an incredible article.

It's pretty sad to think of the heartbreak he had to experience......the interception, that career ending hit. My god, I couldn't wish that on any NFL foe....

Glad he has the perspective, will, money, etc to move forward with his life......and an SB ring for his troubles.

He probably did have a talk with Colin I bet.