Mike Sando says Russell Wilson still might not be a tier1QB

lobohawk

Reaction score
Pretty sure he was reporting the view of insiders he talks to about QB rankings. Expectation that Brady, Rogers, Ben are at the top then followed by Wilson, Newton in no particular order.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
I see it as no big deal. He's one of the best, and there's no one I would swap today for him. But he still has so much to learn, and I'm sure he would be the first one to say that.

Just imagine how much better he's going to get. :179417:

Laloosh

Reaction score
Didn't sound like Sando was making a statement. Was communicating what he'd heard from NFL personnel. (imo)

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Laloosh":6y6ss55h said:
Didn't sound like Sando was making a statement. Was communicating what he'd heard from NFL personnel. (imo)

Just listened to it, got the same impression.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
The top three he mentioned have played longer than Russ. If top tier is only three then I could see it. There is something to be said for a QB who has performed at top tier level for an extend period of time. When Russ continues and improves his game for a longer period of time he will be mentioned to tier. He will always have an uphill battle to prove himself since he was 3rd round and "short". Next tier he is next battling Cam and Luck. I don't think luck should be included but whatever. There will be many arguing between Russ and Cam. Non of it matters. Of any QB right now I like Russ for our team and our system. Besides he is only gonna get better. Scary yes?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":1qsc6zq0 said:
The top three he mentioned have played longer than Russ. If top tier is only three then I could see it. There is something to be said for a QB who has performed at top tier level for an extend period of time. When Russ continues and improves his game for a longer period of time he will be mentioned to tier. He will always have an uphill battle to prove himself since he was 3rd round and "short". Next tier he is next battling Cam and Luck. I don't think luck should be included but whatever. There will be many arguing between Russ and Cam. Non of it matters. Of any QB right now I like Russ for our team and our system. Besides he is only gonna get better. Scary yes?
Russ is better than Luck and Cam.The ring speaks for itself and really should be rings but anway at worst Russ is 4th for a year or two is all..

Tical21

Reaction score
You have to have those three and Luck ahead of him, no?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Siri says he is the best QB in the NFL, so the press idiots need to get a clue. :stirthepot:

Clayfighter

Reaction score
Tical21":rpkb2pe0 said:

No. At this point in his career, I see luck as mid tier. He hasn't accomplished much and he takes way to many risks and often pays for it. It would be really hard to argue that Russ is better than the other three at this point though.

I might have missed some sarcasm though :D

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Tical21":2csohysj said:
No it goes...
1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Rothliesburger
4. Wilson

Not sure where Luck rates since he's only had one above average year, two average years and a year that was possibly shaping up to be pretty bad and definitely below average in any case.

Who cares?

We know what we have.

PS Directed at the rankers not the OP.
Absolutely nothing wrong with giving an opinion so relax Francis.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I think we are at or near the point where the opinion of others shouldn't matter anymore.

We know Wilson is great for us.

And since this isn't college football where you get to vote teams into games, what matters will be what happens on the field.

I really don't care if people think he is good or not. Get one more SB and it won't really be in doubt though.

kearly

Reaction score
If Wilson were a movie he'd be Forrest Gump. Uplifting, cheesy, with a feel of greatness, yet definitely not for everyone.

Anthony!

Reaction score
IndyHawk":pl7aa5hc said:
Year of The Hawk":pl7aa5hc said:
Russ is better than Luck and Cam.The ring speaks for itself and really should be rings but anway at worst Russ is 4th for a year or two is all..

Not just rings but pretty much across the board Wilson is a better QB -career stats below

Wilson (4 year) 13974 yards, 64.7%comp%, 8.05 YPA, 106 tds, 34 ints, 3.12 td/int ratio, 101.8 Qb rating
Newton(5 years) 18263 yards, 59.6% comp%, 7.55 ypa, 117 tds, 64 ints, 1.83 td/int ratio, 88.3 Qb rating
Luck (4 years) 14838 yards, 58.1% comp%, 7.04 ypa, 101 tds, 55 ints 1.84 td/int ratio, 85 qb rating

Like I said Wilson and it not that close

HansGruber

Reaction score
This reminds me of the episode of South Park where the main kid wakes up and all he hears on the radio is sound of people crapping, because it's all ****.

When these people open their mouths and start talking, all I hear are obscene sounds like people crapping and the odor of bullcrap is too much to bear. I have to open a window and let it out.

The flatulence is overwhelming. The odor rancorous. So much methane and so little time.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
John Clayton in August 31, 2011 put Aaron Rodgers as his #2 QB right between Tom Brady #1 and #3 Peyton Manning. If he truly cared that it was dependent on how long a QB has played then he didn't show it as this article was wrote after his 3rd full season of playing, as we all know Rodgers sat 3 years waiting before he got his chance to start.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/preview11/story/ ... arting-qbs