Jason Kidd in Seattle??

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/j...make-seattle-trip-to-learn-from-pete-carroll/

Pete Carroll is a mentor for many a coach on his staff as well as many a player on his roster. But he's also helping out a different demographic: NBA coaches.
The Seahawks coach recently had Milwaukee Bucks coach Jason Kidd to the Seattle facilities for OTAs and put on a coaching clinic of sorts.
"He had OTAs [organized team activities], which was pretty impressive, because he had us involved in all the meetings," Kidd said. "Just the energy of Pete and the culture he built up there is pretty special."

Love seeing these guys come and see what's up with the Seahawks and Coach Carroll.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
That's really cool. It just underscores how I got a good laugh from watching NFL Network's Total Access where former 49ers HC Mike Nolan rated his top 5 current HC's...

Pete Carroll nowhere to be found. I'm not saying he should be above Bill Belichick but not even crack the top 5?

It astounds me what Pete and John have built here since they arrived yet both are pretty much ignored when it comes to accolades from around the league.

Yet they keep on giving these awesome coaching and paradigm-shifting clinics.

86Hawk

Reaction score
I remember a couple years ago steve kerr saying something along the lines of they want to be the seahawks of the nba. Pete Carroll is one heck of a mentor.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
86Hawk":2wd01ygj said:
I remember a couple years ago steve kerr saying something along the lines of they want to be the seahawks of the nba. Pete Carroll is one heck of a mentor.
Basically that it's OK to be all in about your craft in the way that you do it, but you have to be able to have some sort of value to the cause or you unfortunately don't fit in. That can have negative connotations, but I think Pete shows you can kind of give a ish about the player and still keep it real. He still talks about them like kids as if he wants the best for them. That doesn't mean it's not up to them to prove what they need to.

It's not the easy way, but it tends to touch a nerve with people.

JMHO.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
86Hawk":2uvh130p said:

And they are! Won a championship and then when they went for the back-to-back titles they blew it in the final game when they had the trophy in the bag.

Mission accomplished.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Aros":2hic67j3 said:
That's really cool. It just underscores how I got a good laugh from watching NFL Network's Total Access where former 49ers HC Mike Nolan rated his top 5 current HC's...

Pete Carroll nowhere to be found. I'm not saying he should be above Bill Belichick but not even crack the top 5?

It astounds me what Pete and John have built here since they arrived yet both are pretty much ignored when it comes to accolades from around the league.

PC is considered a touchy-feely "players coach". That's true, but it's what get guys motivated in the 21st century. He's never got respect, even as an assistant, by NFL folks who think a coach should rip asses (Ditka). PC's greatest coaching achievment was creating the LOB and getting guys who could play in it. That's easy for people outside of Seattle to overlook.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Aros":21tj7ezy said:

Mike Nolan rating head coaches would be like Michael Bay rating Oscar winning directors.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
86Hawk":1dl0b8wd said:

Yea, Kerr is a pretty big Carroll fan.

Check out the t-shirt. I think this is today or yesterday. (With Durant too)

Xh1536w1536s4ae9302accc4cd23bff6bf601f6d351f