Michael Bennett calls out athletes charging for their camps.

Maulbert

Reaction score
I love this guy. Dissatisfied with his contract, yet he won't hold out, and now this.

http://khon2.com/2016/07/07/pro-bow...on-oahu-expects-more-from-other-pro-athletes/

The seven-year NFL veteran took special exception to a camp in Laie hosted by Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry. Over the Fourth of July weekend, the reigning NBA MVP hosted a four-day camp on the campus of BYU-Hawaii that charged overnight campers $2,250.
“I see a lot of different athletes come through Hawaii whether it’s Steph Curry or whoever it is,” Bennett quipped. “They all come here and it makes me mad, because I live in this community and I understand this community — that there’s so many kids who can’t afford to pay such a high amount of money. In my mind it’s like, how much money do you need before you start giving back for free? And I think a lot of athletes should start focusing on that.”

I hope you get your money next year, Michael. :irishdrinkers:

2_0_6

Reaction score
Most pro athletes probably make shitty neighbors, but I have a feeling MB would be the guy out playing ball with the neighborhood kids.

He seems like a genuinely good dude.

dogorama

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":303t805n said:
Most pro athletes probably make shitty neighbors, but I have a feeling MB would be the guy out playing ball with the neighborhood kids.

Talk about stereotypes, you don't get to be a professional athlete by anything but hard work, dedication, and most of all, perseverance. Michael Bennett has something most people, in or out of sports, do not, the courage of his convictions.

2_0_6

Reaction score
dogorama":1vkducnt said:
Hawk_Nation":1vkducnt said:

Talk about stereotypes, you don't get to be a professional athlete by anything but hard work, dedication, and most of all, perseverance. Michael Bennett has something most people, in or out of sports, do not, the courage of his convictions.

I'm not stereotyping, I see the social media feeds of the house parties with music artists in big lavish houses, while others completely keep to themselves and rarely communicate with anyone outside their inner circle. Just stating facts.

dogorama

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":eqfh529w said:
dogorama":eqfh529w said:
Hawk_Nation":eqfh529w said:

I'm not stereotyping, I see the social media feeds of the house parties with music artists in big lavish houses, while others completely keep to themselves and rarely communicate with anyone outside their inner circle. Just stating facts.

Actually, your response IS the definition of stereotyping.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Maulbert":2crr4qd2 said:
I love this guy. Dissatisfied with his contract, yet he won't hold out, and now this.

http://khon2.com/2016/07/07/pro-bow...on-oahu-expects-more-from-other-pro-athletes/

The seven-year NFL veteran took special exception to a camp in Laie hosted by Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry. Over the Fourth of July weekend, the reigning NBA MVP hosted a four-day camp on the campus of BYU-Hawaii that charged overnight campers $2,250.
“I see a lot of different athletes come through Hawaii whether it’s Steph Curry or whoever it is,” Bennett quipped. “They all come here and it makes me mad, because I live in this community and I understand this community — that there’s so many kids who can’t afford to pay such a high amount of money. In my mind it’s like, how much money do you need before you start giving back for free? And I think a lot of athletes should start focusing on that.”

I hope you get your money next year, Michael. :irishdrinkers:
Well the man made way morre money then I ever will but yeah I'm with you.

2_0_6

Reaction score
dogorama":sllgwmb3 said:
Hawk_Nation":sllgwmb3 said:
dogorama":sllgwmb3 said:
Hawk_Nation":sllgwmb3 said:

Calling it how I see it, both in the public view (social media) and from what I have seen and experienced first hand.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
dogorama":ws026wsx said:
Hawk_Nation":ws026wsx said:
dogorama":ws026wsx said:
Hawk_Nation":ws026wsx said:

Bullshit. And just for my entertainment prove me wrong because I'm just that bored boy. Michael runs his mouth and needs to learn control and when to shut up. Period.

dogorama

Reaction score
Actually, your response IS the definition of stereotyping.[/quote]
Bullshit. And just for my entertainment prove me wrong because I'm just that bored boy. Michael runs his mouth and needs to learn control and when to shut up. Period.[/quote]

Okay, you see some social media videos of pro athletes having lavish parties w/entertainers and hear that
some pro athletes are reserved and stick to themselves and that equates to most pro athletes being
"shitty" neighbors? C'mon, it's a ridiculous stereotype.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
dogorama":1yzi6nt3 said:
Bullshit. And just for my entertainment prove me wrong because I'm just that bored boy. Michael runs his mouth and needs to learn control and when to shut up. Period.[/quote]

Okay, you see some social media videos of pro athletes having lavish parties w/entertainers and hear that
some pro athletes are reserved and stick to themselves and that equates to most pro athletes being
"shitty" neighbors? C'mon, it's a ridiculous stereotype.[/quote]
Still bored. Come on guy at least try and convince me for a second at least.

2_0_6

Reaction score
dogorama":3l8yrs5e said:
Bullshit. And just for my entertainment prove me wrong because I'm just that bored boy. Michael runs his mouth and needs to learn control and when to shut up. Period.

"shitty" neighbors? C'mon, it's a ridiculous stereotype.

Actually I said social media & first hand experience. Its amazing the things you get to see, experience, and get to take part in when a sibling is on the payroll of many local celebrities (athletes included) in the greater PNW area. Some guys I have met make my life look exciting (in reality I'm a pretty damn boring person) while others live their lives like a 4 day binger in Vegas just like your "stereotype" claim.

Pro athletes work hard no doubt, but MANY party just as hard, and yes believe it or not annoy their rich uptight neighbors.

2_0_6

Reaction score
dogorama":2qh7eeqz said:
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/5-surprising-things-about-nfl-players-9129/

Quoted directly from your article... We all know how much of a hard worker Johnny Football is. :irishdrinkers:

Overall, NFL players are boring to be around during the season. (Do you notice we haven’t seen much of Johnny Manziel lately once the season started? He, like many others are too busy and tired to go out.)

dogorama

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1h6m64gz said:
dogorama":1h6m64gz said:
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/5-surprising-things-about-nfl-players-9129/

Quoted directly from your article... We all know how much of a hard worker Johnny Football is. :irishdrinkers:

Overall, NFL players are boring to be around during the season. (Do you notice we haven’t seen much of Johnny Manziel lately once the season started? He, like many others are too busy and tired to go out.)

Sorry to disappoint you but in spite of your dubious "first-hand experience," the NFL is not made up of Johnny Manziels, they are pretty much regular people just like the rest of us.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Once again A topic gets derailed by a select few that argue about dumb stuff that's totally off topic.

Blaze

Reaction score
JaiSeaSea":1hr8o1wh said:
Once again A topic gets derailed by a select few that argue about dumb stuff that's totally off topic.

yep

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Jerhawk":sbmk38l2 said:
http://www.thepassacademy.com/about-the-camp

Russell charges $225 for his passing academy, nowhere near what Steph was charging

Wilson is charging $225 for a 4 hour camp.

Curry is charging $2,250 for a four day three night sleepover camp.

Don't really have any skin in this game about charging or not charging or what to charge, but per hour and with what's included they're basically around the same price, I'd guess. (And nah I obviously wouldn't pay for my kid to go to either of them :lol: )

dogorama

Reaction score
JaiSeaSea":363tamep said:

It's only derailed if you choose it to be. I don't see you commenting on the original topic but more interested in further derailing it.

Some things shouldn't be ignored. Having said that, I don't always agree w/everything MB says but I think he's the real deal as a human being.