Rawls - "I'll be ready for Training Camp"

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-back-thomas-rawls-most-definitely-ready-camp

Maybe it's athlete bluster, but if he's right, then this bodes well for the RB corps.

SEATTLE -- Seattle Seahawks running back Thomas Rawls said Sunday that he expects to be full go for the start of training camp.

"Rehab is going phenomenal," Rawls said before Richard Sherman's annual charity softball game.

.......Asked if he'd be full go for the start of training camp, Rawls added, "Most definitely."

Largent80

Reaction score
Man, I love Rawls and so hoping he has a full year. The rest of the NFL is hoping otherwise.

chris98251

Reaction score
Largent80":25747wt4 said:
Man, I love Rawls and so hoping he has a full year. The rest of the NFL is hoping otherwise.

The rest of the NFL is going damn, their guy appears to be coming back 100 percent and they picked up three more just in case guys and are allowing him to get a rest as well.

Would love to see us have a three headed monster like Czonka (Collins) Kiick (Rawls, Michael) and Morris ( Prosise,Brooks) not sure Michael makes the cut.

Then tear them up passing when they try to stop the run.

Largent80

Reaction score
chris98251":2u340cul said:
Largent80":2u340cul said:

The rest of the NFL is going damn, their guy appears to be coming back 100 percent and they picked up three more just in case guys and are allowing him to get a rest as well.

Would love to see us have a three headed monster like Czonka (Collins) Kiick (Rawls, Michael) and Morris ( Prosise,Brooks) not sure Michael makes the cut.

Then tear them up passing when they try to stop the run.

Muahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Jerhawk

Reaction score
That's great news. Just don't want to see him rush back before he's 100%. I'm sure the training staff won't let that happen tho

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Thomas Rawls was tearing the league to pieces before he went down. Can you imagine what he could do in 16 games of being the main healthy dude?

Scary.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2vo1su82 said:
Thomas Rawls was tearing the league to pieces before he went down. Can you imagine what he could do in 16 games of being the main healthy dude?

Scary.
Completely agree. Best vision I've seen from a Seattle RB since Alexander.

Jville

Reaction score
Thomas Rawls had an incredible rookie season. He was the only player, rookie or veteran, with two games with at least 160 rushing yards in 2015. His heat map was otherworldly, with the highlight being that an astounding 10% of his runs went for at least 15+ yards. And he led the league in yards per carry, as Rawls averaged 5.65 yards per carry while rushing for 830 yards. Rawls ranked 1st in DYAR, 1st in Success Rate, and 2nd in DVOA according to Football Outsiders.

Thomas Rawls and Great Rookie Seasons >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.footballperspective.com/thomas-rawls-and-great-rookie-seasons/[/urltargetblank]

OP
OP
Jazzhawk

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Jville":42nbcma6 said:
Thomas Rawls had an incredible rookie season. He was the only player, rookie or veteran, with two games with at least 160 rushing yards in 2015. His heat map was otherworldly, with the highlight being that an astounding 10% of his runs went for at least 15+ yards. And he led the league in yards per carry, as Rawls averaged 5.65 yards per carry while rushing for 830 yards. Rawls ranked 1st in DYAR, 1st in Success Rate, and 2nd in DVOA according to Football Outsiders.

Thomas Rawls and Great Rookie Seasons >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.footballperspective.com/thomas-rawls-and-great-rookie-seasons/[/urltargetblank]
IIRC, I believe he also lead the league in yards after contact. Tho I don't know where to look to verify that.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2i3typ4r said:
Hawkstorian":2i3typ4r said:

Scary.
Completely agree. Best vision I've seen from a Seattle RB since Alexander.
Isn't nearly as soft as Alexander though.

kearly

Reaction score
He was probably ready a while ago, but the team kept him in a boot as a precaution. It's not like he blew an MCL or anything. Hopefully he trusts the ankle, but otherwise I have no immediate concerns about Rawls.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
In the beginning of July every rehab in the NFL is going "phenomenal" and much faster than expected.

He was fun to watch during his stretch of play before he got injured last year so I hope he's 100% by the start training camp, but these statements at this point in the calendar need to always be taken with a whole truckload of salt.

andyh64000

Reaction score
He looked pretty healthy yesterday at the softball game.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Popeyejones":14w21lwu said:
In the beginning of July every rehab in the NFL is going "phenomenal" and much faster than expected.

He was fun to watch during his stretch of play before he got injured last year so I hope he's 100% by the start training camp, but these statements at this point in the calendar need to always be taken with a whole truckload of salt.

Thanks Popeye, we wouldn't want to be optimistic about our running backs return or anything. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy day to let us know that whatever he says right now is meaninglesss.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
bigtrain21":3sbotk61 said:
Popeyejones":3sbotk61 said:

Thanks Popeye, we wouldn't want to be optimistic about our running backs return or anything. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy day to let us know that whatever he says right now is meaninglesss.
Thank you for this post bigtrain.