Wilson Graham relationship

HawkerD

Reaction score
I read in one of the tabloids that Jimmy and Turbo were groomsmen at RW wedding in the UK. At first I was a little surprised that Jimmy was there because I hadn't seen anything that implied they were that close. The Turbo thing I understood as they came into the league together and roomed together on the road. But then my super cynical mind started working and I began to wonder if Russ didn't invite Jimmy to create the impression that they were close so that it would help quash the media hype around their lack of chemistry. RW is a pretty calculating fellow but being that this was his wedding I 'm not sure if he would go that far. Any thoughts.

Yes I too wish Training Camp would start :0190l:

Largent80

Reaction score
Why would someone invite someone to their wedding if they weren't close?

I know I didn't and wouldn't.

rigelian

Reaction score
Wilson skipped OTAs last year to attend the funeral of Graham's mentor. I get the feeling they are close.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

kearly

Reaction score
I think they mutually WANT to be close friends with each other. Both guys are making an effort to be good friends. It feels a little forced, but it's not a bad thing.

sutz

Reaction score
kearly":36atrqtg said:
I think they mutually WANT to be close friends with each other. Both guys are making an effort to be good friends. It feels a little forced, but it's not a bad thing.
Presumably, they're playing catch this offseason, Graham's recovery allowing, of course.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I guess this is better than the Wilson Percy relationship?

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
Sometimes when people don't have many close friends they ask a new friend to be in their wedding and it's kind of awkward.

Maybe not the case here, but I've seen it personally.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2vnbmeu6 said:
I guess this is better than the Wilson Percy relationship?

Exactly. Shouldn't we just be happy that our star QB and our big money TE are friends? Everyone is always looking for a controversy.

mrt144

Reaction score
kearly":nwkukzqw said:

The only effortless and unforced thing Wilson does is crush the Niner's spirits.

mrt144

Reaction score
Maulbert":ililesm2 said:
The sheer pessimism on this thread is staggering. Why can't they genuinely be friends?

Cause everything Wilson does seems calculated, even getting slimed.

Maulbert

Reaction score
mrt144":35akse6w said:
Maulbert":35akse6w said:
The sheer pessimism on this thread is staggering. Why can't they genuinely be friends?

I think the extent to which Wilson is calculated is exaggerated. Sure, put him in front of a microphone, he says nothing out of place. But he's still friends with Robert Turbin, who's not on the team anymore. What benefit does that give him, outside of friendship? You're all just incapable of letting Wilson do something without analyzing it to death. Wilson is a good guy, and we're lucky to have him. Wilson surely let's his hair down. Let him have that time to himself.

mrt144

Reaction score
Maulbert":2cgi0v4h said:
mrt144":2cgi0v4h said:
Maulbert":2cgi0v4h said:

I think the extent to which Wilson is calculated is exaggerated. Sure, put him in front of a microphone, he says nothing out of place. But he's still friends with Robert Turbin, who's not on the team anymore. What benefit does that give him, outside of friendship? You're all just incapable of letting Wilson do something without analyzing it to death. Wilson is a good guy, and we're lucky to have him. Wilson surely let's his hair down. Let him have that time to himself.

He put Turbin in place in Indianapolis to undermine the confidence of one Drew Luck. Connect the dots dude. ;)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HawkerD":2ghpq22f said:
I read in one of the tabloids that Jimmy and Turbo were groomsmen at RW wedding in the UK. At first I was a little surprised that Jimmy was there because I hadn't seen anything that implied they were that close. The Turbo thing I understood as they came into the league together and roomed together on the road. But then my super cynical mind started working and I began to wonder if Russ didn't invite Jimmy to create the impression that they were close so that it would help quash the media hype around their lack of chemistry. RW is a pretty calculating fellow but being that this was his wedding I 'm not sure if he would go that far. Any thoughts.

Yes I too wish Training Camp would start :0190l:

Jimmy is a pretty religious dude, wouldn't surprise me at all if Russ and him have hit it off.

erik2690

Reaction score
Where are people seeing that they aren't close? Wilson was the guy who skipped OTA's to be with Jimmy and Jimmy seemed genuinely thankful. I don't quite understand why the default assumption is that they aren't close and are trying to fix that.

attachment.php

18465459 mmmain

cst_ek2v6772.jpg

HansGruber

Reaction score
I really don't get the criticism of Wilson's PR skills by Seattle fans. To me, his PR shows maturity and awareness. Great traits for a quarterback and any kind of leader.

I'm not famous or anything, but I have a practice that I must protect. To say something publicly that would impart any kind of racist undertone, political belief, etc could significantly damage my practice and those who work with and/or for me. So, when I speak publicly, or even privately with certain parties, I must be very cautious about my message, and even have an attorney and PR consultant to assist. This isn't "being fake", it is "being professional" and putting my practice first.

Just because someone has the luxury of not having to worry about that, doesn't give them the right to criticize those who do. In fact, it's really petty and makes the critic seem kind of small and jealous.

mrt144

Reaction score
HansGruber":30fipc7g said:
I really don't get the criticism of Wilson's PR skills by Seattle fans. To me, it shows maturity and awareness. Great traits for a quarterback and any kind of leader.

I'm not famous or anything, but I have a practice that I must protect. To say something publicly in association with my professional name that would impart any kind of racist undertone, political belief, etc could significantly damage my practice and those who work with and/or for me. So, when I speak publicly, or even privately with certain parties, I must be very cautious about my message, and even have an attorney and PR consultant to assist. This isn't "being fake." It's called "being professional."

Just because you personally have the luxury of not having to worry about that, doesn't give you the right to criticize those who do. In fact, it's really petty and makes the critic seem kind of small and jealous.

Or you could be Beastmode?

HansGruber

Reaction score
mrt144":yv3lmimq said:
Or you could be Beastmode?

Beast Mode had the luxury of being a RB. He could show up to work, do his job, and go home. Nothing was expected of him beyond showing up and knocking people over.

It is worth noting, however, that he still recognized that modern media has the explicit goal of creating sensational stories, and will resort to outright distortion and lies to do so. Lynch recognized that to say anything could create a negative impact on his "brand" (and hence his family and others who relied on him), so he chose to say nothing.

Again, a luxury for someone that was not a leader of the team. Wilson would never be given this luxury.