Seahawks all century team

gowazzu02

Reaction score
So it's the dog days of summer. As you know I also rabidly follow WSU. Well espn recently did a series calling out the all century teams for the pac12, Thought it could be a fun thread to do for the hawks.

Parameters- Full starting lineup using any squad from 2000-current day. Before doing the exercise I feel this is going to be heavily PC/JS weighted, but lets give it a go. Feel free to debate a position, or even throw out your own list.

QB-Wilson
RB-Lynch (How many times have we had the Beast V Alexander talk?)
FB- Mack Strong
WR- Darrel Jackson
WR- Golden Tate
TE- Zack Miller
OT- Walter Jones (Duhhhh)
OT- Okung
OG- Hutchison
OG- Chris Gray
C- Robbie Tobeck

DT- Mebane
DT- Michael Bennett
DE- Grant Wistrom
DE- Avril
LB- Wagner
LB- Lofa Tatupu
LB- Leroy Hill
CB-Sherman
CB- Trufant
S- ET
S- Kam

K- Hauschka
P- Ryan
K/P ret- Leon Washington

There you go. Tear it apart!

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I'm probably a small minority that would still put Alexander in there ahead of Lynch -- so rip me up if you must.

Also Bobby Engram and/or Baldwin over Tate.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":15risyll said:
I'm probably a small minority that would still put Alexander in there ahead of Lynch -- so rip me up if you must.

\
I kinda forgot about "B Easy" He was so damn clutch.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1y5hx9n0 said:

I am with you on Alexander over Lynch. Don't even have a reason just liked Alexander a little bit more.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
I would take Patrick Kerney over Wistrom. And Julian Peterson or KJ over Lofa. Lofa's decline occurred the same season NFL allowed a defensive player to wear a headset for communication (Spygate). That negated the intelligence of Lofa on the field because coaches could position the players through the headset.

nanomoz

Reaction score
A full 52 man squad would be a fun exercise. Cool post. Echo the Bobby Engram remark.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
If Lynch in his prime had been behind the 2005 offensive line, he would have rushed for 35 touchdowns and over 2,500 yards. Easily.

efried78

Reaction score
Only thing I would change is Percy Harvin over Leon for PR/KR. I hate Percy for his locker room antics, but he was a hell of a KR/PR.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Engram and Baldwin need to be on that list.

kobebryant

Reaction score
QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Marshawn Lynch
FB: Mack Strong
WR: Darrell Jackson
WR: Doug Baldwin
TE: Zach Miller
OT: Walter Jones
OT: Russell Okung
OG: Steve Hutchinson
OG Chris Gray
C: Max Unger

DE: Patrick Kerney
DT: John Randle
DT: Brandon Mebane
DE: Michael Bennett

OLB: KJ Wright
MLB: Bobby Wagner
OLB: Julian Peterson

CB: Richard Sherman
CB: Marcus Trufant
S: Earl Thomas
S: Kam Chancellor

hawker84

Reaction score
No Tez?
Jacob Green?
Easley?
Dave Brown over Trufant
And I've always been a huge Curt Warner fan, I think he would have had records still on the books had his career not been cut short?
And how is Largent not on this list?

Great topic....

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Are we putting in players just because they were good or because they fit a role or position that we're slotting them for?

For instance, Peterson wasn't really a LB. He was one hell of a pass rusher, but it was really the only thing he was good at.

kobebryant

Reaction score
hawker84":3ikocje9 said:
No Tez?
Jacob Green?
Easley?
Dave Brown over Trufant
And I've always been a huge Curt Warner fan, I think he would have had records still on the books had his career not been cut short?

Great topic....

They don't qualify. Didn't play recently enough. I think Tez was the only one who played this century.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
hawker84":sju60w8d said:
No Tez?
Jacob Green?
Easley?
Dave Brown over Trufant

Great topic....
All Century I think is meaning All Centurylink/Qwest Field.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
kobebryant":2tiqr4bx said:
hawker84":2tiqr4bx said:
No Tez?
Jacob Green?
Easley?
Dave Brown over Trufant

Great topic....

They don't qualify. Didn't play recently enough. I think Tez was the only one who played this century.
HA! So I still misunderstood as well.

kobebryant

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2ixjrgln said:
Are we putting in players just because they were good or because they fit a role or position that we're slotting them for?

For instance, Peterson wasn't really a LB. He was one hell of a pass rusher, but it was really the only thing he was good at.

I went Peterson at OLB for a couple reasons. 1) I'm picturing him in Pete's defense in a Bruce Irvin type role 2) everywhere I look he's listed as an OLB

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3v5sg7mq said:
If Lynch in his prime had been behind the 2005 offensive line, he would have rushed for 35 touchdowns and over 2,500 yards. Easily.

That's a wonderful grand declaration but completely hypothetical and imaginary.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
kobebryant":3uwlt2hd said:
vin.couve12":3uwlt2hd said:

I went Peterson at OLB for a couple reasons. 1) I'm picturing him in Pete's defense in a Bruce Irvin type role 2) everywhere I look he's listed as an OLB
Yeah I know. Listed is just listed though. Bennett played 61% of his snaps technically lined up as a DT last year.

Peterson was a target if he wasn't lined up similar to a Leo (DE) role with his hand in the dirt and even in the run game he had some problems because he was a little light in the arse.

Pete may have been able to make an actual SLB out of him, but he was just really, really lost in coverage. Didn't have the head for it. Like a shark....doesn't understand backwards.

EDIT: You know what...doesn't matter. I'll quit making things more technical.

kobebryant

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3ny639rg said:
kobebryant":3ny639rg said:
vin.couve12":3ny639rg said:

Yeah I know. Listed is just listed though. Bennett played 61% of his snaps technically lined up as a DT last year.

In this hypothetical though, just because he is listed there doesn't mean you play him as a traditional olb (Brown or Hill would be my choice in that case); you play him to his strengths.

hawker84

Reaction score
vin.couve12":34vez994 said:
hawker84":34vez994 said:
No Tez?
Jacob Green?
Easley?
Dave Brown over Trufant

Great topic....
All Century I think is meaning All Centurylink/Qwest Field.

Ah Copy that.

Latest posts