Programming alert(s)

ivotuk

Reaction score
NFLN: NFL 360 Hosted by Rich Eisen Happy Returns Russell Wilson 06:30 Alaska time.

09:00 NFL replay Seahawks vs Rams, 10:00 Arizona at Seattle, 11:00 Seahawks at Vikings,

2:00PM 2015 Seattle Seahawks

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Here's the website for the NFLN schedule, kind of a crappy format. I couldn't find a way to easily search for Seahawks related shows.

You can filter by show, and set the time zone, unless of course you live in Alaska. Apparently their sorry-ass webmaster couldn't be bothered to subtract 1 from the Pacific time zone and type "Alaska time Zone."

http://www.nfl.com/network/schedule

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the alert Ivotuk. Been waiting for them to show our yearbook for awhile. Gotta add this one to the collection

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Do not have NFL Network because of the DISH Network dispute. It has been a month now. I live out in the sticks and have no other option for non-antenna TV. No cable access and no access to high speed internet either so I can't even buy a Roku(to get Sling TV,etc). It sucks.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
That nfl yearbook episode was pretty good.

The part where coach Carroll was telling his offensive line "he was cooking steaks back there!" After a Wilson TD pass was hilarious

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1ipd3tda said:
That Rams game sucked.

Funny how they only get up to play us but roll over against everyone else.
Not funny and by now we should be prepared for it and be just as up as they are. Why do you think New England is a virtual lock to win their division every year? It's because they never screw around against division opponents. In that division Rex Ryan is the only coach that has a clue on how to even approach New England and he usually doesn't have the talent unlike the Seahawks.

Interestingly if we don't screw around with playing close for 55 minutes and just spread them out and quick pass we would neutralize that ridiculous inside rush and roll. We have the horses to be like the Montana/Young era 49ers and play a complete game so stop with the games and dominate from both sides of the ball like they did and end games quick.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3c6qz5db said:
We have the horses to be like the Montana/Young era 49ers and play a complete game so stop with the games and dominate from both sides of the ball like they did and end games quick.

Completely agree. This is a team that offensively should be able to manage a game flow similar to late 80s/90s niners, mid 90s Packers and even mid 00s Seahawks.

Get 17-20 points by halftime utilizing the pass. Then melt the clock with effective running if need be. Those three WC offenses were largely balanced by the end of games. But were heavily imbalanced looking at 1st half versus 2nd half in approach.

Seattle has the QB and the passing offense to do that.

Also something that I admire from Belichick is that his teams are balanced. But he approaches the games much like a great baseball pitcher. If a team is bad against the run, he'll run all day long early and often. If they are bad against the pass, he'll pass it 55+ times in a game. He uses that balance to attack what teams do worst and work it relentlessly.

It's a different way of looking at balance. Not balance per game for the sake of balance. But balance as a tool to selectively put your opponent at an advantage.

To me, that approach should be the end goal of a balanced attack. To be able to do effectively what an opponent is least capable of stopping. And to never let up until the game is finished.

Seattle looks like for the first time -- a team that doesn't have to stubbornly adhere to the run because that's what we do best. We look like a team that can do either with equal aplomb should the opponent and circumstances dictate. And also have the offense that can dictate those circumstances should we deem that valuable.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":3t6g2e0z said:
MizzouHawkGal":3t6g2e0z said:
Also something that I admire from Belichick is that his teams are balanced. But he approaches the games much like a great baseball pitcher. If a team is bad against the run, he'll run all day long early and often. If they are bad against the pass, he'll pass it 55+ times in a game. He uses that balance to attack what teams do worst and work it relentlessly.

It's a different way of looking at balance. Not balance per game for the sake of balance. But balance as a tool to selectively put your opponent at an advantage.

To me, that approach should be the end goal of a balanced attack. To be able to do effectively what an opponent is least capable of stopping. And to never let up until the game is finished.

THIS. And only this.

When Minnesota had the Williams Wall, (about the same time Detroit was impossible to run against), Bellicheck's game plan was to go in to Minnesota ant throw the ball all game long. They handled a very good Vikings team and came out with what looked like an easy win.

I remember Tom Brady smiling before the game (as any QB would), "Oh, I think coach came up with a pretty good game plan for Minnesota."

Like Jo said, 'we have the horses' let's run with them where appropriate.

And that would blow Jeff Fisher's mind, and his game plan if we came out with the quick passing game.

I'm telling you, this is where Bevell can really shine, and be "Josh McDanielsesque."