Good news regarding JaMarcus Webb

King Dog

Reaction score
So, it's like 112 today in Phoenix and my wife and kids are at a birthday party so I thought I would dig up all the games I could find of the Raiders last season.

I don't care what he did when with the Bears and Vikings. I just wanted to see his latest body of work with the Raiders.

Most of the games I found were with him at guard, but saw him playing tackle in a few games as well. Honestly, he doesn't look that bad. He wins at the point of attack in the run game sometimes and for the most part seems to hold up in pass protection. Sure, he can get beat off the edge by superior athletes and gets a little grabby at times.

Dude is massive at 6'7" 335 lbs and a size 20 shoe. Sometimes he just gets in the way of people.

In other words, he looks average - not really a bad thing for a Seahawks offensive lineman. Definitely looked much better than Britt at RT imo.

Not quite the turnstile I envisioned from clips I've seen from him in the past. Could be worse.

Cheers

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think Chicago playing him at left tackle was a huge mistake and probably not good for his confidence.

Cables will sort him out

bighawk

Reaction score
I think if Webb can be average to above average the right side of the line can be absolutely dominant. I believe Ifedi has the potential to have a Zack Martin type impact. I really like this o-line potential. Center position is the wildcard.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Not to digress from football, but did you ever consider going to the birthday party with your wife and kids instead of watching old Raiders games? Or maybe do some laundry or something to help out around the house?
:stirthepot:

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
HawkGA":3pm1fck3 said:
Not to digress from football, but did you ever consider going to the birthday party with your wife and kids instead of watching old Raiders games? Or maybe do some laundry or something to help out around the house?

Lol.

On Webb...I am not writing him off. Let's see how he looks.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":299g6q6n said:
What?!! :shock: :shock: :shock: , King Dog wash his own underwear?....are you nutz ?!?! :lol: :lol:

OP
OP
K

King Dog

Reaction score
HawkGA":1eo5veg4 said:

You son of a b*&ch! :)

I just re-read my post. I don't think it came out right. The point I was trying to make is he doesn't look like trash. He looks all right. Not bad. Ok. Serviceable.

Ruminator

Reaction score
A fine topic to discuss, but thread subject was worth a chuckle once I realized we were celebrating averageness. So in essence, "Good news! He doesn't look sucky!"

I had to apologize to my endorphins for the unexpected lack of firing opportunities they were expecting when I clicked to read this "Good news" initial post and thread. :)

kearly

Reaction score
All we really need is for him to be as competent as Breno was. I don't think it's a shoe in, but I feel pretty good about our chances.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawkGA":1i46asar said:
Football or housework? Priorities man, priorities.

mrt144

Reaction score
HawkGA":jzhl9hmh said:

:lol: Kids birthdays parties are the worst, but fresh laundry is something everyone loves.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
If you have a link for snaps and potential grading other than PFF or PFW that shows potential grades like false starts/holding penalties etc, that would be interesting.

I only mention that because there is a perception (somehow) that seems to think the Dolphins have a very good offensive line, Top 10 WR corps and a tandem of backs (even before adding a piece like Arian Foster) and somehow Tannehill was the main reason Miami isn't 11-5 each of the last 2 years.

I seem to watch very little Dolphins games, but just seem to remember watching a lot of their opener at Washington last year at a local sports bar while watching the Hawks/Rams opener on the next TV and all I saw was Tannehill under pressure almost all game long.

I know Webb will be fine, he's not going to be Walter Jones, but I don't think he's worse than Breno or Britt. Ifedi is an instant star compared to the rest of the line and Glowinski will grind his way to a 2nd contract here or elsewhere in the next 3 seasons.

Center will be sorted out, I would feel better if it wasn't Britt, but if they pull this off and Britt is serviceable (he has to be better than Nowak), then Webb is the least of our concerns.

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":2vwxmw1w said:

Good pot-stir! I'd rather bang nails into my forehead. :)

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
bighawk":1uki90ju said:
I believe Ifedi has the potential to have a Zack Martin type impact. I really like this o-line potential.

I see this as well. I expect a very successful and smooth transition into the NFL at RG.