Rapoport: Jimmy ahead of schedule, likely ready by opener

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Sweet.

ShrillJointCottontail.gif

chris98251

Reaction score
But last week he was done and his career over, I am so confused................................. :p

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
If true, huge. I hate to be a Negative Nellie, but I'm still reserving my enthusiasm though this obviously raises my level of hopeful up several notches.

massari

Reaction score
Hopefully they play it safe, bring him back early December so he's rested/healed and in mid season form for the playoffs.

Either way, it sounds like he won't be the player he was before. Hopefully doctors are wrong.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HawkGA":ujyy6ui0 said:
MizzouHawkGal":ujyy6ui0 said:
One down two to go for Negative Nellies it seems.

Rawls . . . . who's the other one?
The big one that we won't have any idea if it will be okay until at least a couple games are played. Everybody's favorite whipping boys..... the OL.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, it sounds good. I do put myself in that group that really doesn't want to rush this. While I want him playing, of course, I don't want a setback. Much more important to have him in Nov-Feb than in Sept.

But yeah, :0190l:

Ruminator

Reaction score
Great news about Jimmy. (Now my endorphins are happy.)

To me, our current offense just oozes this sense of "Lets get them on the field and watch this crazy machine we've built go nuts," the questionable OL notwithstanding. Multiple calamities would have to occur for this to not be one of the best offenses we've had. With healthy Graham and Richardson, plus Luke W and the addition of Vannett and Lawler via the draft, it's starting to sink in that as long as the OL is not a disaster, this offense could spin heads the way our D did the last few.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
sutz":2fm2dlbf said:
Well, it sounds good. I do put myself in that group that really doesn't want to rush this. While I want him playing, of course, I don't want a setback. Much more important to have him in Nov-Feb than in Sept.

:ditto:
I’m with sutz tediously optimistic :34853_tinfoil:

Smellyman

Reaction score
sutz":1uv6iemp said:

That's what doctors and therapists are for.

Largent80

Reaction score
Sometimes I don't get the rationale that games early on are not important because they ARE. Having him early is a huge deal, having him for all games is a huge deal.

16 game schedule means games in September are just as important as December games. Think home field advantage.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
This is a matter of perception....if he's ahead of schedule, he would have to be practicing at full speed in 2 weeks and able to play in the Preseason Game #3, which is the only likelihood of snaps received for Graham or Rawls. As much as I feel Graham is ahead of schedule, that doesn't mean he's on the field Week #1.....I don't see the need to rush him back and on the field in less than 30 days from Preseason Game #3, which is what it would truly take for him to make the final active roster and not on PUP to start the season.

These preseason games are really better scenarios to get Verrett, Willson etc on the same page and to get kids like Collins, Prosise and others acclimated to NFL life.

I view Graham as a player that buys a player like Paul Richardson or another young player a chance to be active the first 6-8 weeks of the season and see what injuries cause the roster to be reshuffled and Graham being that addition "at the trading deadline", that somehow seems to be a very popular/non-existant item for NFL teams and GM's. Graham is the only "piece" that seems to fit that veteran player that can add a dimension to an offense. I think the faster we get players like Prosise and Collins and Rawls with the WR's clicking, it should open up the TE position for Verrett to thrive. At that point, it becomes using Graham or Richardson (if he survives camp healthy) to see what piece can be added for a stretch run, when we visit Foxboro, Lambeau and host teams like Carolina, Arizona etc....

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Someone made a good point in the other thread that Graham's game isn't really predicated on explosiveness like Victor Cruz' is. Which means that assuming he can get on the field, he's likely to lose less of his value to the offense.

kf3339

Reaction score
Wait until the third preseason game on both Graham and Rawls. We will then have a better idea of their health status. Any assumption before then is just guesses. Some perhaps more informed than others, but still just guesses.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
kf3339":2fkcixzy said:
Wait until the third preseason game on both Graham and Rawls. We will then have a better idea of their health status. Any assumption before then is just guesses. Some perhaps more informed than others, but still just guesses.

That's what this message board thrives on......"educated guesses".